How to Buy Investment Gold Bullion in Thailand

49 minutes ago, Wazza1 said:

4998 posts, I suppose the fact I have a life is the reason I know what is happening in the world,  by all means buy your silver, it's not dropped 2% since you made your post but if you get in quick you may get to be a part of further falls.

Another one who places faith int he ability of the academics at the Fed and other central banks to save the world.

You go right ahead and store your cash under the mattress, pal. My gold and silver holdings have absolutely soared compared to the GBP this year and there's a hell of a lot more to come 

1 hour ago, Wazza1 said:

4998 posts, I suppose the fact I have a life is the reason I know what is happening in the world,  by all means buy your silver, it's not dropped 2% since you made your post but if you get in quick you may get to be a part of further falls.

for someone who claims they know " what is happening in the world " you appear to have a substantial gap in your knowledge regarding 6000 years of history:cheesy:

5 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

for someone who claims they know " what is happening in the world " you appear to have a substantial gap in your knowledge regarding 6000 years of history:cheesy:

I do admit, unlike you I don't know everything that has happened over the last 6000 years of human history, could you perhaps fill me in on everything in between your time as a history lecturer and writing 6000 posts on here?

On 17. August 2016 at 5:29 PM, taiping said:

Not a good idea to buy from a gold shop in a mall, unless they are a branch of one of the major Chinatown gold shops. I go to one branch on the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Soi 10.

That´s interesting and good info! Thanks!

I walk past this shop on a daily basis but never really bothered having a proper look inside. But now I am planning to invest what is for a substantial amount of money in gold. So, are you saying they sell 99.99 gold and a "trustworthy" company?

interesting charts :)

During a  bull market the long term moving averages act like support (  look at the 50 day and 200 day moving averages).

Gold has broken through the 50 day and could fall as far as the 200 day and still be in a  normal bull market

20160829_gold.jpg

20160829_gold1_0.jpg

I will want to buy some gold before the end of this year. My question is: Would it for whatever reason be better to purchase gold with 99.99 purity "back home" in Europe than the 96.x purity gold over here in Thailand? It will be my first purchase of physical gold so I wondered how I should proceed given that I live over here in TH.

Thank you!

several companies let you buy online and they store it for you for a one time fee or percentage, I forget.  I used to have  a fair amount of silver a couple thousand ounces but for the life of me I can't dig up who it was with.  They sell and buy at the current spot price give or take a little bit so you always know what you have.  I know I used a USA based company

1 hour ago, DUS said:

I will want to buy some gold before the end of this year. My question is: Would it for whatever reason be better to purchase gold with 99.99 purity "back home" in Europe than the 96.x purity gold over here in Thailand? It will be my first purchase of physical gold so I wondered how I should proceed given that I live over here in TH.

Thank you!

Easy to answer that one : Wherever you intend to sell, that's where you buy.

On 31 August 2016 at 9:06 AM, DUS said:

Thank you!

Seems no one here is sure nor have done it, it's all speculation.ive just started buying and I bought a minted bar from Perth Mint that is 99.99 but when I was in Thailand with it they anted to see the actual bar which I didn't want to let them do at the time, next time I will take it in. I prefer to have the bar in my hand myself however places like Perth Mint do allow you to set up an account and will store the gold for you.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:43 AM, DUS said:

That´s interesting and good info! Thanks!

I walk past this shop on a daily basis but never really bothered having a proper look inside. But now I am planning to invest what is for a substantial amount of money in gold. So, are you saying they sell 99.99 gold and a "trustworthy" company?

No, I'm saying buy Thai 96.5% gold bars from one of the major Chinatown gold shops or their branches (such as the one I mentioned on the corner of Sukhumvit Road Soi 10). The reason is that they stamp the name of the gold shop on the bars, so a different shop will offer a lower price on selling the gold, and a small gold shop might have closed. This happened to me once, but fortunately the small gold shop I bought it from was still in operation and they bought back the gold at the full price, where other shops offered a lower price. You can ask for a Certificate when buying Thai gold bars, but I don't think it means much.

For 99.99% gold bars, buy from the gold dealers like Ausiris or YLG. Ausiris sell 99.99% gold bars made by the Swiss refiner PAMP. They have an office on the ground floor of the United Center Building, 333 Silom Road, Tel: 0-2613-0888. Hope this helps. Be sure to get the original PAMP certificate when buying gold from Ausiris, since they might claim not to have it (as happened to me once).

3 minutes ago, taiping said:

No, I'm saying buy Thai 96.5% gold bars from one of the major Chinatown gold shops or their branches (such as the one I mentioned on the corner of Sukhumvit Road Soi 10). The reason is that they stamp the name of the gold shop on the bars, so a different shop will offer a lower price on selling the gold, and a small gold shop might have closed. This happened to me once, but fortunately the small gold shop I bought it from was still in operation and they bought back the gold at the full price, where other shops offered a lower price. You can ask for a Certificate when buying Thai gold bars, but I don't think it means much.

For 99.99% gold bars, buy from the gold dealers like Ausiris or YLG. Ausiris sell 99.99% gold bars made by the Swiss refiner PAMP. They have an office on the ground floor of the United Center Building, 333 Silom Road, Tel: 0-2613-0888. Hope this helps. Be sure to get the original PAMP certificate when buying gold from Ausiris, since they might claim not to have it (as happened to me once).

Last time I inquired with Ausiris they offered only 1kg bars in 99.99%, they said they had discontinued offering the smaller bars.

On 8/17/2016 at 10:17 PM, johnnysunshine said:

You can buy here or Singapore or London or Switzerland but just remember the only gold you truly have is that is which is in your possession no matter what the fine reputation is of places outside.

I'm from the same (old) school. Been tempted every time I go to the mall and walk past those  gold shops. But would lose sleep at night if my little stash of gold is not under my own roof. On the other hand the idea of taking a vacation and having to bring it along everytime and everywhere simply defeats the purpose. I wonder if any old hands here can recommend a happy medium method (of storage)? :facepalm:

Thanks.

12 hours ago, smo said:

I wonder if any old hands here can recommend a happy medium method (of storage)? :facepalm:

Thanks.

Tried getting a safety deposit box from KBank the other day.

They wanted me to buy some bogus "life insurance" policy that required a "premium" of 315,000 baht a year for 6 years after which they'd give you back what you paid in plus some interest.

Told them where to go but, like you, I'm not keen on storing gold bars in my home whether I'm here or not. There are private companies who offer safety deposit boxes in Silom etc but what happens if they go out of business? 

Feel much safer with a major bank

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:02 PM, Anthony5 said:

Last time I inquired with Ausiris they offered only 1kg bars in 99.99%, they said they had discontinued offering the smaller bars.

I today phoned Ausiris, and they now sell only 100 gram and 1 Kg 99.99% gold bars. They no longer sell 99.99% gold bars in baht weight sizes, but will buy them back.

• 2 months later...
On 6.9.2016 at 8:56 PM, taiping said:

No, I'm saying buy Thai 96.5% gold bars from one of the major Chinatown gold shops or their branches (such as the one I mentioned on the corner of Sukhumvit Road Soi 10).

I planned to buy some gold in this particular shop on the corner of Soi 10 but it has been closed for a few days now. Does anyone know why it closed / it is closed and if it will re-open anytime soon?