TAT Photography contest cancelled amid smoldering scandal

webfact

TAT Photography contest cancelled amid smoldering scandal

a5.jpg

Image: Facebook

BANGKOK: -- The photography contest at the heart of a scandal for the Tourism Authority of Thailand has been quietly cancelled.

The contest suffered a storm of controversy when it was discovered that three of the pictures submitted were actually old snaps taken by TAT themselves.

All thirty finalists in the contest were supposed to be new pictures verified as having been taken in June and July. 

But when the thirty chosen by TAT judges were announced last week three were discovered to have come from a TAT travel website. 

The three were removed from the competition after complaints from photographers but resentment and questions remained.

Now the Prae, Nan and Uttaradit TAT Facebook page has announced that the competition has been cancelled. 

Some posters thought it was for the best while others wondered what would have happened if the breaking of the rules had not been discovered by irate photographers.

Source; Facebook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-18

"what would have happened if the breaking of the rules had not been discovered by irate photographers."

The same as with crooked Jet Ski Operators, Taxi drivers, vendors overcharging foreign tourists, etc ....NOTHING.

In reality and for everyone sake, all competitions, contests games and tournaments

in Thailand should be no bars hold, cheat, lie and plagiarize as much as you want, 

they do anyway, and just judge them on that..... win, win all around

The Director of TAT was heard to say   "  Oh,  now then just how did they manage to get there  ?  "      :whistling:

Don't tell me,   the pictures were of pristine beaches in the Philippines.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

I would just like to say that the article doesn't say who had submitted the photographs in question. It's possible that it might not have been by TAT, but by someone else trying to win by using photographs that were obviously acceptable to TAT or even by someone just for a laugh.

I'm sensing that the next story about TAT I read will involve adding even more rare Pokemon's to Thailand's tourist attractions in order to build confidence after this scandal.  Before you know it, you won't be able to move because Thailand will be drowning in Pokemon!  

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

:cheesy:   Rearrange this into a well known phrase or saying,

Piss Up    Brewery   Organize 

Is that similar to

fxxx   brothel    could  organise  in  not 

49 minutes ago, digibum said:

I'm sensing that the next story about TAT I read will involve adding even more rare Pokemon's to Thailand's tourist attractions in order to build confidence after this scandal.  Before you know it, you won't be able to move because Thailand will be drowning in Pokemon!  

no its already drowning is so many other savory liquids 

don't damage the image of Thailand  signed by T.A.T 

Edited by dieseldave1951

4 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Is ethics another name for noodles? 

Nah gorblimey me old mucker, it's where Sarfend is, on the North bank of The Thames East of London....

Sorry about the appalling attempt at cockney but I come from Somerset.

Edited by JAG

4 hours ago, digibum said:

If I find a Pokemon in Soi Nana, can I take it for a short time?