Japanese programmer commits suicide in Bangkok

webfact

Japanese programmer commits suicide

BANGKOK: -- A Japanese computer programmer jumped to death from rooftop at a luxury condominium on Sukhumvit 53 in Bangkok's Klong Tan district before dawn on Thursday.

Thong Lor station deputy police chief Pol Lt Gen Noppadol Samart said after inspecting 37-year-old Kurashina Hirochika’s rented room on the first floor of the condominium this morning that a letter written in both Japanese and English was found in his room.

He complained about his health problems and left message for his parents, the officer said.

On the rooftop, police also found four empty cans of beer, three empty packs of medicines ,a pair of slippers and a chair.

A security guard at the condominium told police that the Japanese stayed at the condominium for three years and every morning would ask him to call taxi to work.

He said as he was on duty, he heard a sound of some heavy thing falling to the ground. When he went to check, he found it was a body and after looking closely it was the Japanese who always asked to call taxi.

The victim was a sort of person who didn’t associate with anyone as if he had serious depressive disorder.

Whenever he left the condominium to work, he would walk with his face down, he told police.

Police added that there was no sign of ransacking or fighting in the room, indicating he might take his own life. But forensic police would determine again the exact cause.

His body was sent to Chulalongkorn hospital for autopsy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/japanese-programmer-commits-suicide/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-18

Yes, RIP Hirochika-san.

I don't know what it is about LOS and suicides, but for those genuine ones.... I really wish they would realise that everything is not as bad as it seems - it could always be worse.

No need to hasten what is already a very short and precious existence that we all have.

to all sad and depressed foreign coders and developers out there. dont.  be. sad.   sure, thai companies steal you r work and give you nothing.  And yeah it sucks that your clueless team leader takes all your credit.  And it really, really sucks that some of us are 10x better than most  with 10x less pay than the thai "P".  

but thats the best part.  their clueless.  all thieir knowledge has to be practiced then translated then etc etc etc etc.  thais will always be  behind because they cant read english.   COders and developers,  the former thai government relied on foreign coders to hide vast amounts of money.   (there are forgien companies for that. )  thailand is a gold mine for us.  we can determine who gets what business just with SEOs alone.  (thais rely on 3rd party companies to do their promotions for them which always backfires the second they look away. they force you to put their crappy links on your sites and take you r money you could use for SEO)   Thailands economy is going in flames.   A brand spanking new condo nearthonglor that went for 7 mil  6 months ago is now 2.5 mil. (one of the banks and seller had coned me out of my huge desposit after the bank, his uncle, declined my approval.  I was furious when they intentionally rigged the contract in order to steal the deposit.  if you tell me that directing marketing traffic away from the entire building didnt have a direct result,  you are not a coder.   passive aggressive thais. I own them. 

when the market is as depressing as it is, every one goes to the simple affordable solutions.  

what would you rather control? 20 megabytes

or 20 thais. ?

so heres to you Mr. Kurashina Hirochika.  My next tsukumogami is yours. 

3 hours ago, tomwct said:

The Japanese worker is normally very depressed. Long hours and little reward is the cause!

And what are you basing this statement on, ?

You have worked in Japan?

Lived in Japan?

You have first hand knowledge of social etiquette?

You know the expected norms?

Please do tell before making such farcical, uneducated, irrelevant comments 

18 minutes ago, KNJ said:

And what are you basing this statement on, ?

You have worked in Japan?

Lived in Japan?

You have first hand knowledge of social etiquette?

You know the expected norms?

Please do tell before making such farcical, uneducated, irrelevant comments 

Japan does have one of the highest per capita suicide rates at rank 17.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

5 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Japan does have one of the highest per capita suicide rates at rank 17.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Good point, but it is declining, and the vast majority of those suicides is amongst the unemployed, NOT the employed.

This does say something about the social pressure and that is worrying that there is insufficient support, but things are changing.

There but for the grace of God.............

I interfaced with my Japanese counterparts while working for a large corporate conglomerate in the US!. I had many evenings

socializing with my Japanese associates. They (many) told me the same story, so I can say my statements are true. Please note

the statement that Japanese Businessmen commit suicide at a high rate is also correct.

22 hours ago, tomwct said:

The Japanese worker is normally very depressed. Long hours and little reward is the cause!

Not really applicable. He was employed in IT. Sorry to say, but IT is an employment sector which attracts social misfits and the functioning mentally ill.  IT is ideal for those who have limited social skills as they  can avoid human interaction. They sit there coding etc. and need not  have to communicate face to face with people. When I look at outr IT department, I see a large number of emotionally unstable and  creepy people. There are of course several "normal" people, but the  personnel skew to those I would term losers.

23 hours ago, denkiblue555 said:

Yes, RIP Hirochika-san.

I don't know what it is about LOS and suicides, but for those genuine ones.... I really wish they would realise that everything is not as bad as it seems - it could always be worse.

No need to hasten what is already a very short and precious existence that we all have.

Maybe a terminal disease is about as bad as it gets...What do you know...? Maybe the worse is what made him buy the farm...For some, ignorance is true bliss.

On 8/18/2016 at 0:36 PM, denkiblue555 said:

Yes, RIP Hirochika-san.

Do you know what suicides are about in other countries? They happen all over the world you know,  and are sad events but sometimes people feel that it's the best solution to their problems. 

2 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Do you know what suicides are about in other countries? They happen all over the world you know,  and are sad events but sometimes people feel that it's the best solution to their problems. 

Yes, saw many suicides when I lived in Japan.

And I don't disagree wth you - but it really could 'always be worse'. :wai2:

RIP brother... I thought I was smart and went back to college when I was 35. I wrote software for 12 years. The most stressful 12 years of my life. I burnt out at about 47. It made me physically ill. It is a very stressful job.

Unlike the old and established Japanese multinationals, the new small Japanese support companies usually do not provide sufficient outstation allowances for stress relief...

When he had to take a taxi every working day instead of having a chauffeured company car, we can conclude the above.