Headmaster shoots sister at Bangkok school as students and teachers dive for cover

webfact

Headmaster shoots sister at Bangkok school as students and teachers dive for cover

p5.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Screaming students and teachers dived for cover as the headmaster shot at his sister six times at a Bangkok school on Wednesday.

Piyarat,45, a manager at the well known On Nut school was hit in the neck, shoulder and left leg, reported Sanook. She was rushed to hospital as the shooter, her elder brother and headmaster Phisithapong,48, escaped the scene in his car.

Udom Suk police who arrived on the scene found a pool of blood at the school offices - and a large number of teachers and students in a complete state of shock.

The school was immediately closed and parents called to take their children home.

Police understand that there had been arguments at the school over the work performance of the headmaster. Witnesses said that he went to the school offices next to the kindergarten area and appeared to be drunk.

An argument developed and the headmaster pulled out a gun and shot at his sister six times in full view of colleagues - Piyarat was hit by three of the bullets.

Witnesses said that students and teachers had screamed and run for cover as the gunshots ran out before the berserk headmaster got in his car and drove off.

The hunt is on for the shooter.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-18

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

Witnesses said that students and teachers had screamed and run for cover as the gunshots ran out before the berserk headmaster got in his car and drove off.

The hunt is on for the shooter.

The hunt is on, yeah we heard that before......... case in dismissal process "aka "I am influential Phu Yai, I can do now wrong, I have high position."

6 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

The hunt is on, yeah we heard that before......... case in dismissal process "aka "I am influential Phu Yai, I can do now wrong, I have high position."

Edited by HooHaa
wrong message

9 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

"A well known On Nut School" Doesn't give the exact name, does it!? Although I suspect I know possibly which one

yes, i misread, i thought the school was actually called On Nut School.

The hierarchical nature of this society and the significant degree of impunity that the not-so-important position of headmaster of a school carries here means that in this case and many other similar cases, when a person in a position of responsibility has poor performance and severe personal issues, the person remains in position with all the attendant power.

I was working in Laem Chabang and dealing with customs. One of the officers in full uniform was stumbling around the office very drunk making suggestive comments to all the women. This was 10 o'clock in the morning. All the other customs staff, and there were many, pretended everything was normal and ignored the situation as much as they could. Where was a manager to remove the guy? Where were his peers to, at the very least, hide him? I think they were just hiding themselves. I had the feeling this was a common occurrence with this officer.

46 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

"A well known On Nut School" Doesn't give the exact name, does it!? Although I suspect I know possibly which one

The school is near the intersection of Onnut and Lat Krabang, far away from the familiar area of Sukhumvit.

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

yes indeed, unlike the us, gun violence in a school here that does not end up with the death of 20.

Understand your sentiment but I'm not aware of any US school shootings being carried out by the headmaster!

They'll probably find him an inactive post somewhere.

1 hour ago, canopus1969 said:

What a wonderful country   

Do you live in Thailand? If you are, why?

If you aren't living in Thailand, why do hang around this forum?

I just don't get why people piss and moan about the place at every opportunity and continue to live here and/or post at places like this.

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

yes indeed, unlike the us, gun violence in a school here that does not end up with the death of 20.

only because he was too drunk to shoot straight. You have a point though there are some crazy people in the west as well, possibly crazier.

1 hour ago, A Lurker said:

Do you live in Thailand? If you are, why?

If you aren't living in Thailand, why do hang around this forum?

I just don't get why people piss and moan about the place at every opportunity and continue to live here and/or post at places like this.

Who says we have to like every single thing about Thailand and we have no right to express our dislike when we come across something like this? I'm from Australia, there are things I love about that country and there are many things that I hate. I feel the same about Thailand, some things I love about the place and many things I hate. It's just a normal human reaction.