how to unsubscribe from thaivisa forum completely

zippydedodah

If you are subscribed to newsletters there is a link at the end of the newsletter you can click to unsubscribe.

If you want to stop posting on the forum, log out and don't log in again.

If you want to stop reading the forum, don't go to thaivisa.com again.

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

If you are subscribed to newsletters there is a link at the end of the newsletter you can click to unsubscribe.

But what about closing the account completely and having private details and email address deleted?

in this age of security breaches there is always the risk of a breach.

Cheers

@ClutchClark

What if a breach happens, what will they find ? Your posts ? (55555)

Your email address ? Maybe that already has been leaked somewhere else.  Another email address of mine has been leaked somewhere else and someone tried to open a twitter account with it but didn't succeed as Twitter sends out confirmation emails and my email has 2 step authentication, so they couldn't get in

Now I open different email accounts for different forums and only use that email for that particular Forum.

Password ? Advisable to use a different password on ALL sites.

9 hours ago, Maestro said:

In other words, you cannot unsubscribe.

4 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

This is the only forum I have ever come across that doesn't allow you to delete all your profile. Can a moderator in the know or maybe a site owner explain why that is please

See the link in post #4

Edit: in short your old Posts WIL NOT BE DELETED as that would mess up the threads too much, and I also think OTHER forums will not do that, so I (personally) think Nothing new there

8 minutes ago, MJCM said:

See the link in post #4

Edit: in short your old Posts WIL NOT BE DELETED as that would mess up the threads too much, and I also think OTHER forums will not do that, so I (personally) think Nothing new there

no you miss my point nobody expects old content to be deleted my point (which is not explained in your refrence to post 4 which I have read thank you) is I'm sure you should be able to erase your personal details ie email address. I have not given my permission anywhere for that to be used/sold or given to other advertisers in any way. 

18 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

no you miss my point nobody expects old content to be deleted my point (which is not explained in your refrence to post 4 which I have read thank you) is I'm sure you should be able to erase your personal details ie email address. I have not given my permission anywhere for that to be used/sold or given to other advertisers in any way. 

To delete your email address try this

Login, change your email address (enter a fake one) and the Forum software will send you a link to activate your account, but as you entered a fake one, you will not receive the link, so you should not be able to activate your account

So the Email address in your account is a fake one (BBUUUTTTTT this (maybe as I haven't tried it yet) also ensures that you can't login anymore, maybe a solution to the Unsubscribers ?)

And you SEE, no need for italics ;)

Edit: Here the link to change your email address: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/settings/email/

17 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

This is the only forum I have ever come across that doesn't allow you to delete all your profile. Can a moderator in the know or maybe a site owner explain why that is please

As you agreed to the terms and conditions of the forum rules when you signed on to Thai Visa, the content posted by members is owned by Thai Visa and there fore cannot/will not be deleted when a member wishes to leave the forum.  This is the explanation at the bottom of the forum rules page:

Preservation of Intellectual Property Rights

All material on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations and multimedia materials, is protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by THAIVISA.COM or by other parties that have licensed their material to THAIVISA.COM. Material from this Web Site or from any other web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by THAIVISA.COM may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights held by the respective providers thereof. The use of any such material on any other web site, ftp server or network environment is prohibited.

You agree to grant to THAIVISA.COM a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, social media, newsletters, newsgroups or forums of THAIVISA.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to THAIVISA.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed.**
Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other THAIVISA.COM web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against THAIVISA.COM for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to THAIVISA.COM.
**In the simplest terms, this is what we require to legally display your posts.

Link to the forum rules:  http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

When one reads the post above it plainly shows that the forum or and its owners can indulge in plagiarism for profit and the content poster gets nothing.

Also the  retention of the ex , members /posters address on the data base  which shows  traffic volume for  the attraction of advertisers is in law  regarded as ''fraudulent.'''

But with this being  the country it is of course such laws as are applied in  other countries are ignored.

In the case of an ex member/poster say in the UK applying to the court for an injunction to have their details removed and the forum being beyond the reach of the judicial system within the UK, an injunction could be sought to block the forum from that country.

11 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

But what about closing the account completely and having private details and email address deleted?

in this age of security breaches there is always the risk of a breach.

Cheers

Have you considered editing your profile and deleting all of the personal information before you leave and do not return?

This is not rocket surgery or brain science.

14 minutes ago, willyumiii said:

Have you considered editing your profile and deleting all of the personal information before you leave and do not return?

This is not rocket surgery or brain science.

You are correct Willy, it ain't rocket science.

Typically when you have a membership to an online forum, you can close your account and all personal data is removed. I was asking if this site does the same. My concern is my email address on file and following your suggestion does not remove my email address.

Other forums also allow you to change your UserName; however, my requests to do so were denied here at TVF.

So its not a question of rocket science--its simply understanding that this forum does not offer the standard policies of other forums...but then its entirely possible I misunderstand the rules and this is why I was asking for clarity.

Thanks

Archived