Should it really be difficult to unsubscribe?

Caspersfriend

ThaiVisa serves a purpose but not one that I gain a benefit from.

All I request is that I can unsubscribe in the way I could do on any other genuine site.

Please provide the link if you have it ........

I wish ThaiVisa all the best.

You cannot unsubscribe from Thai visa. You just need to stop signing in and posting.

Why is that?

Member numbers is a big deal in online websites, so they are not going to delete / unsubscribe you, and also your content, the stuff you wrote, is Thaivisa's selling point, they are also not going to delete that.

Edit: I am not sure (and I could be absolutely wrong), but I believe that is written in the agreement you accept when becoming a member.

Read this:

You agree to grant to THAIVISA.COM a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, social media, newsletters, newsgroups or forums of THAIVISA.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to THAIVISA.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed.**

Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other THAIVISA.COM web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against THAIVISA.COM for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to THAIVISA.COM.

**In the simplest terms, this is what we require to legally display your posts.

Link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

You cannot unsubscribe from Thai visa. You just need to stop signing in and posting.

Why is that?

If you PM me with your login details I'll change them so that you can't use the service any longer, if will power is the issue.

You can check-out any time you like,

But you can never leave!

For people who don't know where that comes from

For people who don't know where that comes from ... shame on you

Oke sorry, should have said "For Aussies ...... " thumbsup.gif

chiang mai, you are obviously an admin. How do we know who admins are, is there a directory, a list, do u have a special icon?

He is not an Admin !!

Look at the color below the Member picture. (This is when you look at TV via a normal PC browser)

Black is normal users

Red is Admin / Moderators

Green is News Team (but also have moderator powers)

Edit:

post-10213-0-38661100-1465558011_thumb.j

"Normal" Member

post-10213-0-76521000-1465558040_thumb.j

Edit:

In the Mobile App (iOS as I don't have Android) just click the user name and under Additional Information, there is Either "Advanced Member" which is normal users or "Global Moderators, Local Moderators, News Team etc"

Edit: Added additional text

chiang mai, you are obviously an admin. How do we know who admins are, is there a directory, a list, do u have a special icon?

That's too funny, no I'm not Admin. Admin and Moderators state they are from those groups on their nameplate and are typically in a red type face..

Why is that?

Member numbers is a big deal in online websites, so they are not going to delete / unsubscribe you, and also your content, the stuff you wrote, is Thaivisa's selling point, they are also not going to delete that.

Edit: I am not sure (and I could be absolutely wrong), but I believe that is written in the agreement you accept when becoming a member.

Read this:

You agree to grant to THAIVISA.COM a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, social media, newsletters, newsgroups or forums of THAIVISA.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to THAIVISA.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed.**

Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other THAIVISA.COM web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against THAIVISA.COM for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to THAIVISA.COM.

**In the simplest terms, this is what we require to legally display your posts.

Link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules
Nowhere in the rules you attached states anything that informs a potential member that their account cannot officially be closed upon request, which I believe they should have an obligation to inform people prior to signing up.

He is not an Admin !!

Look at the color below the Member picture.

Black is normal users

Red is Admin / Moderators

Green is News Team (but also have moderator powers)

Edit:

attachicon.gifmod.JPG

"Normal" Member

attachicon.gifno_mod.JPG

I don't see those colours on the mobile application.

If you PM me with your login details I'll change them so that you can't use the service any longer, if will power is the issue.

I believe chiang mai's post was tongue in cheek in that he'll get the OP banned permanently with some very unpleasant post made under the OP's login details.

I believe chiang mai's post was tongue in cheek in that he'll get the OP banned permanently with some very unpleasant post made under the OP's login details.

Not so, it was a genuine offer of help somebody who clearly needed assistance.

But your idea is a good one that I hadn't thought of so thanks, if only I had your login details I could have a field day! gigglem.gif

If our OP wants his user to be disabled I CAN do that, but if any member wants to leave we usually suggest that they just don't log in again.

But, his posts will remain other than those that break forum rules which will already have been removed anyway.

An inflammatory post has been removed. Another post in which the quoted content had been edited so as to change the context of the post has been removed as well:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

• 2 weeks later...

Has this issues been resolved?

Please elucidate on your displayed title --- 'Root Admin'

Root admin, is the guy who can do EVERYTHING on this website.

Think of the saying "Root of all Evil" biggrin.png

More technical.

The name root may have originated because root is the only user account with permission to modify the root directory of a Unix system. This directory was originally considered to be root's home directory,[5] but the Linux Filesystem Hierarchy Standard now recommends that root's home be at /root

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superuser

Caspersfriend,

You have already been advised by 2 separate moderators to stop posting and logout.

You seem intent on stirring up trouble.

Would you like me to ban you from the forum?

That would work well both for you and us don't you think?

Caspersfriend,

You have already been advised by 2 separate moderators to stop posting and logout.

You seem intent on stirring up trouble.

Would you like me to ban you from the forum?

That would work well both for you and us don't you think?

This is your personal interpretation of "stirring up trouble" ??? Seriously?

There is nothing in the T's & C's/Q&A's about not being able to unsubscribe; close a membership and be removed from the list of members. I have never requested that my posts be removed. However, plenty about TV taking the best possible advantage from members posts. All [apparently] about protecting TV but nothing about member's rights; being able to check out if you are not happy; as if you were never there; whatever the reason unless it is breaking some law.

With due respect. I fail to see how "Would you like me to ban you from the forum? That would work well both for you and us don't you think?" could be conceived as being a solution.

No change of consequence

Archived