Swiss and American hiding in Pattaya nabbed for overstay

webfact

Swiss and American hiding in Pattaya nabbed for overstay

c1.jpg c2.jpg

CHONBURI: -- Chonburi immigration have announced the arrest of a 67 year old Swiss man wanted in his home country on fraud and theft charges.

Paul Strubin was caught by police while he was having a beer at the Grace Circus Bar in Soi Diamond on Wednesday. 

He was handed over to immigration police who discovered that he had been in the country without permission for 960 days.

In addition he was wanted on the warrant from Switzerland. He was detained.

Also arrested this week under the "Good guys in, Bad guys out" initiative was an American called Justin Alan Baugh, 34.

The over-stayer was rounded up at the Blue Wave apartment block in Soi Chaiyaphoom, Pattaya 3 Road.

Sources: Chonburi Immigration, Chonburi Immigration 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-19

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if a guy is good as well as bad....

I'm a good guy, but I do indulge in some sin from time to time...I think majority of us are a mix of good and bad...

Thailand can be taught a lesson to respect humanity and not treat us like some Number when people spread out too other destinations in Asia.

Its all in the hands of Farangs, even if their population is lower than Chinese, they are trend setters...wherever they go, tourism picks up.

Look at Combodia, tourism is picking up there, more and more people are going to Philippines as well. Once the numbers come down, they will RELAX all these rules.

Farangs do it ...Make your way to other places...

13 minutes ago, thhMan said:

Yeah... lets keep supporting this xenophobia ... Booyah (dont forget to report every 3 months, like a criminal though... or putting property/possessions in our gf/wife's possession.... Oh, don't forget to employ many thai staff, just to run your small business... AND... I am really waiting for my special SIM, so I don't have to wear an ankle bracelet )

Anyone know a good vet where I can get tracking collar for the mutt?

Why xenophobia? These guys had broken the law, they got caught.

14 minutes ago, thhMan said:

Yeah... lets keep supporting this xenophobia ... Booyah (dont forget to report every 3 months, like a criminal though... or putting property/possessions in our gf/wife's possession.... Oh, don't forget to employ many thai staff, just to run your small business... AND... 

Who would invest in property and posessions when on a temporary status in any country?

Fools and their money are easily parted, eh?

Are those bars still rotating? I have not been there for like 10 years or so.

Now the issue of tracking sim cards (read tracking collars for convicts) will come up again...555555...

Edited by AlQaholic

I see no problem with deporting farangs who are wanted for crimes elsewhere, or who commit crimes here. I dont particularly want them living near me, or running businesses that I might frequent. Of course proper punishment of Thais who commit crimes would be nice also, but that seems less likely.

52 minutes ago, thhMan said:

Yeah... lets keep supporting this xenophobia ... Booyah (dont forget to report every 3 months, like a criminal though... or putting property/possessions in our gf/wife's possession.... Oh, don't forget to employ many thai staff, just to run your small business... AND... I am really waiting for my special SIM, so I don't have to wear an ankle bracelet )

can't talk about the wifeeee like that :D:D

55 minutes ago, thhMan said:

Always surprised with these statements about putting everything in your wife's name. Both cars are in my name, bikes in my name, house is 50/50 owned, as was the last one and I got 50% of it when sold, although my wife pays the mortgage.

Sometimes I reckon people get some very bad advice out here.

57 minutes ago, starchild5 said:

I'm a good guy, but I do indulge in some sin from time to time...I think majority of us are a mix of good and bad...

Thailand can be taught a lesson to respect humanity and not treat us like some Number when people spread out too other destinations in Asia.

Its all in the hands of Farangs, even if their population is lower than Chinese, they are trend setters...wherever they go, tourism picks up.

Look at Combodia, tourism is picking up there, more and more people are going to Philippines as well. Once the numbers come down, they will RELAX all these rules.

Seriously?

The rules won't be relaxed because they don't want us here! I wouldn't be surprised if they tighten up a few other rules.

Retirees are tolerated. They want everyone else to come for a short trip, spend a lot of money, and go home!

1 hour ago, starchild5 said:

Yeah, of course whoremongers set tourism trends

:cheesy:

1 hour ago, thhMan said:

Come On! It is not as bad as all that!

With today's technology they can now do "Implants", so no need to wear the ankle bracelet anymore. 

11 minutes ago, LPCustom69 said:

Seriously?

The rules won't be relaxed because they don't want us here! I wouldn't be surprised if they tighten up a few other rules.

Retirees are tolerated. They want everyone else to come for a short trip, spend a lot of money, and go home!

They're not "tolerated". The criteria for obtaining a retirement visa is pretty relaxed as it is. 

Most countries prefer tourists to come for a short stay, spend money and piss off home - Thailand isn't doing anything out of the ordinary.

18 minutes ago, LPCustom69 said:

Seriously?

They also expect that retirees will die soon.

In January next year the new Immigration Questionnnaire for Retired Old Gits will require you to enter date of death next to date of birth. No longer than five years life expectancy will be allowed, and if you don't die on or before the date nominated there will be an overstay fine of 5,000 Baht a day levied. The shock of paying the fine, which has to be paid in person and daily, is expected to dispell any thoughts of living on.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

32 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Always surprised with these statements about putting everything in your wife's name. Both cars are in my name, bikes in my name, house is 50/50 owned, as was the last one and I got 50% of it when sold, although my wife pays the mortgage.

Sometimes I reckon people get some very bad advice out here.

Foreigners can't own land - i.e., a proper house.

So I don't think your 'legal' claim to your last house on land was anything more than 0%? 

Condos are different of course.

So, in general I do support their "good guys in / bad guys out" - just helps you remember you will never be treated the same as a local, regardless of what your passport says.

37 minutes ago, LPCustom69 said:

Seriously?

Very True...for some it takes longer to realize this, so they continue to bash, hoping that in the end it will help them.

Sad really.

1 hour ago, starchild5 said:

Not Thais, they are only good. You should know that by now.

34 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

Very True...for some it takes longer to realize this, so they continue to bash, hoping that in the end it will help them.

Sad really.

31 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

Sad really.

Actually no. Anybody can get a long-term visa here with relative ease.

Next.