Burglars steal 100,000 baht of goods from house of German woman in Udon Thani

webfact

Burglars steal 100,000 baht of goods from house of German woman in Udon Thani

a2.jpg

Image: Thairath

UDON THANI: -- Police in Udon were called to a house in the Nong Bua area of Udon on Thursday after a burglary by cool thieves.

The Thai owner of the house - Willota Kepler, 47 -  was away in Germany visiting her husband, reported Thairath.

A man and his wife from Yala were looking after the property for the owner and had just popped out. On return they found that a window had been forced.

Items in a display cabinet and three rings, a bracelet, some cash, a TV and a camera had been taken. The total value was in the region of 100,000 baht.

Jakraphan Phuangsawat, 52, said that they always looked after the house every year that Willota was away and nothing like this had happened before.

Neighbors said they saw two youths who arrived on a Honda Scoopy motorcycle carrying out a TV but thought it was just relatives.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-19

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Something not 100% true about this.

Owner in Germany, rings,bracelet, cash, camera left out on display.

Bit iffy i think. Insurance scam?

Why do you think that?

Stage a robbery for a 100,000 baht insurance scam.

Hardly worth the effort.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A man and his wife from Yala were looking after the property for the owner and had just popped out.

So lots of time to scope out the place then, for the "relatives" who were coming and going so calmly.

Items in a display cabinet and three rings, a bracelet, some cash, a TV and a camera had been taken. The total value was in the region of 100,000 baht.

I don't believe it was an insurance scam.

As for me, I haven't got any insurance at all and I wouldn't report such a theft to police. What for ?

Knowing how efficient they are.

I remember an old story where the Thai wife and western husband went on holiday, they asked the neighbor to watch the house, upon there return there house was empty, when they approached the neighbor he said a pick-up arrived and loaded all there belongings, and they said  they watched!!! By the way it's a true story!

9 hours ago, tomwct said:

Yea, carrying out a TV and the owner in Germany. Where were these people educated? Also, items in a display cabinet rings, bracelet,

camera, and cash. Sure and how much was the property insured for? Only Thailand!

it does not make much sense to me leaving valuables lying around in a house when the owner is away on a holiday overseas. would it not be a sensible thing to store the valuables in a bank locker  during the absence of the owner.

6 hours ago, coxo said:

I remember an old story where the Thai wife and western husband went on holiday, they asked the neighbor to watch the house, upon there return there house was empty, when they approached the neighbor he said a pick-up arrived and loaded all there belongings, and they said  they watched!!! By the way it's a true story!

LOL. thank you for a joke.

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Stage a robbery for 100.000 baht yes many would do that.

too small a sum, with all the documentation and investigation and no guarantee. each household item claim is capped.

if they did intend to go for an insurance claim they could have padded up the value.