Ford Everest Thailand Model - No Tyre Pressure Sensor?

On 08/20/2016 at 6:51 PM, fredob43 said:

Agree but it wont tell you if you have a problem whilst your traveling along at 100KPH+

If you have a "problem" at 100kph+ I'm pretty sure you wont need a digital display to let you know, but, if you are trying to gauge the economy of the vehicle over a few years of heavy mileage then yes quite valid

Edited by Anythingleft?
typo

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:43 AM, mangrovevens said:

I've just fitted FOBO Tire to my EV.  It's a Bluetooth TPMS.  Lockable sensors that go on the tire valve, in-car unit to join them all together and then a display on your Android or Apple device.  Works like a dream. 

Obviously useless if you haven't got a smartphone, however... Although I think it can link up with some navigators.

https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOTIRE

14 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

If you have a "problem" at 100kph+ I'm pretty sure you wont need a digital display to let you know, but, if you are trying to gauge the economy of the vehicle over a few years of heavy mileage then yes quite valid

On the contrary if you do have a problem with air leaking you would only know once it's gone down or at least flattish, must admit though that on the front you might notice it but on the rear more than likely not.

Time you've stopped you would have more than likely buggered your tyre. On a Spivo that's over 12th bt. You can believe what you like but I'll stay with the free set up I have now.

Not going to go down the safety route.

16 hours ago, mangrovevens said:

There's too much of a '90s vibe going on with the unit and display for me and there's also the issue of putting Toyota branded tech into a Ford...!? ;)

Well you carry on with having to open your smart phone and faffing about, then only getting half the required info. Nothing whilst on the move when it's most needed.

I'll just turn the key and get all the info in front of me 24/7.

No problem fitting wise, these unites are sold by many outlets/internet without the T badge. Mine has a T badge as it was supplied by them.

Just suggested that peeps could get them in Toyota if they cant find another local outlet.

By now Toyota might have a new model that lets you know you have yet another Ford oil seal buggered. Then again maybe not as Toyo never seem to have problem with their seals.

Regards the 90's vibe they fit similar on G/Prix cars at present. You don't see Hamilton driving at 200+mph then whipping out his smart phone to try and get some info.

Now there's a thought you could try and hang your S/phone from the sun visor might work you never know.

18 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Well you carry on with having to open your smart phone and faffing about, then only getting half the required info. Nothing whilst on the move when it's most needed.

I'll just turn the key and get all the info in front of me 24/7.

No problem fitting wise, these unites are sold by many outlets/internet without the T badge. Mine has a T badge as it was supplied by them.

Just suggested that peeps could get them in Toyota if they cant find another local outlet.

By now Toyota might have a new model that lets you know you have yet another Ford oil seal buggered. Then again maybe not as Toyo never seem to have problem with their seals.

Regards the 90's vibe they fit similar on G/Prix cars at present. You don't see Hamilton driving at 200+mph then whipping out his smart phone to try and get some info.

Now there's a thought you could try and hang your S/phone from the sun visor might work you never know.

:thumbsup:

• 9 months later...