Prohibited Entry KBV international

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

If this is what they want to stop, they need to establish clear rules for exactly how long a person can live in the Kingdom per year with 'tourist' status per year.  Currently, there is no legal limit.  Similar clear rules for 'visa exempts' are badly needed, to avoid exactly the situation experienced by the OP.  Many might have thought his annual time in the USA would have prevented what occurred.

Hopefully they will eliminate the "50 year old" rule for "Non-O based on retirement" extensions, so that persons can prove foreign-sourced incomes, and who are not 'elite' (99% of the potential pool of applicants), can use something other than Tourist Visas to stay here.  I'd be looking to buy a condo the day after such a change went into effect.   Given the current uncertainty, I have to play 'minimalist' - ready to pull-up-stakes in a jiffy - which restricts my investments here.

Let's hope they do not change the law on use of Tourist Visas in the meantime, and force us to spend our retirement somewhere else.  Thailand is my first-choice for where I would like to spend the remainder of my days.  The younger a person begins living in Thailand, the more years they will spend foreign-capital into the Thai economy, supporting local jobs by doing so.  It's a "win-win" scenario.

Invest THB 10 million in a condo tomorrow and you can stay as long as you want, age doesn't come into it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

If this is what they want to stop, they need to establish clear rules for exactly how long a person can live in the Kingdom per year with 'tourist' status per year.  Currently, there is no legal limit.  Similar clear rules for 'visa exempts' are badly needed, to avoid exactly the situation experienced by the OP.

There is a rule, with a limit given not in time but in purpose, and this is where Section 12(3) of the Immigration Act comes into play in refusing entry.

For stays in Thailand based on entries with a tourist visa, the rule is is in the template for the visa application form published by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), by some embassies and consulates adopted with modifications:

tourist visa rule.png

For stays based on visa-exempt entries, the rule is published on this page of the MFA website (highlighting in bold red is mine)

General Information

1. Generally, a foreign citizen who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand is required to obtain a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or a Royal Thai Consulate-General.  However, nationals of certain countries do not require a visa if they meet visa exemption requirements as follows:

(1) they are nationals of countries which are exempted from visa requirements when entering Thailand for tourism purposes.  Such nationals will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period of not exceeding 30 days.  For more information, please see Summary of Countries and Territories entitled for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival to Thailand.

1 hour ago, vaultdweller0013 said:

What exactly do you do for work that lets you work 25% of the time? Not only that what job lets you take so much time off while being able to get work on a whim when you want? Not saying it is impossible, just curious.

Your question is irrelevant to this topic, ie to immigrationss refusal to allow the OP entry into Thailand. Please let us not derail the topic.

• Like 1

I had another look at the opening post of this topic.

Sadly my Thai is not good enough to communicate so i called my girlfriend to help translate, and that is what they confirmed with her. I was told to please have a seat and wait. They also asked what i do in Thailand, and i told them the truth. I live here with my girlfriend, she comes to the US and I come here, but we are mostly here.

That was semantically the wrong answer for a traveller who purportedly wanted to enter Thailand for the purpose of tourism. The correct and equally honest answer would have been that you came to visit friends. With regard to all your previous entries with tourist visas or visa-exempt, the same applies: you visited friends or a friend, your girlfriend.

Regarding the purpose of this latest entry attempt, you mentioned it higher up in your post:

Yesterday i flew into KBV from Singapore to meet some friends visiting from the US...

You flew from Singapore to Thailand to meet friends from the USA who were visiting Thailand at the moment, and of course also to visit your girlfriend. That's all the information the immigration officers needed regarding the purpose of this particular trip. Everything else was immaterial and unnecessary and likely led to an information overload and to the suspicion that you might be working illegally in Thailand.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Witblitz said:

The Muslim immigrants in the UK feel the same way about English

the immigration guy has no reason to lie, the guy was denied entry because on balance of probability he was not a genuine tourist,  because

1. had too many ins and outs

2. Told the IO he was living with his GF in Thailand.

3. The officer in this case acted correctly based on the info the OP provided, doesn't hate foreigners, expect in the mind of  some deranged paranoid Thailand hating retiree who thinks the world/Thialand is out to get him  

The official may or may not have had reasonable concerns about what the OP was doing in Thailand on visitor entries. However, he is supposed to deny entry only for one of the reasons specified in Section 12 of the immigration Act. If one believes the OP (and I do) the stated reason was that the OP did not have money to support himself in Thailand without working. It appears that the official used that reason in spite of the fact that the OP could prove otherwise. I do not think the OP would have been denied entry at Suvarnabhumi. I suspect a personality clash may have been part of the reason the OP was denied entry in Krabi.