Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai - Standard Room

mesquite

OK, thanks.  When I was there they kept telling me all were full, then put me in intensive care.  Two others I know had the same experience, leading me to wonder if they even have standard rooms.  BTW, overall how would you rate them?  Would you go back?

I found the MD's and some of the staff to be very good and, now, will probably go back as opposed to spending more money to fly to Bangkok and go to Bumrungrad.  Best of luck, ND, on your procedure tomorrow.

Edited by mesquite

The best hospital room I ever stayed in was at Bumrungrad, all mod. cons. including large flat screen and room service menu's for McD., KF and Petit Pan on the table next to the bed. The worst room was at Suan Dok where the aged TV didn't work, the air con was hit and miss and the place hadn't been painted since it was built. The price difference between the two around 5k baht with Suan Dok costing 1k baht per day. The more satisfactory medical experience, from a patients perspective, was at Suan Dok, go figure.

Why anyone would fly to Bangkok to go to Bumrungad is hard to fathom as hospitals,well the best of them in CM ,are comparable in quality of professional care and half the price. I guess its all in the marketing.Most of us go to hospital for treatment not junk food room service

23 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Why anyone would fly to Bangkok to go to Bumrungad is hard to fathom as hospitals,well the best of them in CM ,are comparable in quality of professional care and half the price. I guess its all in the marketing.Most of us go to hospital for treatment not junk food room service

In my case I was living in Phuket at the time and I needed cardiac angioplasty, there was no other choice really since high quality cardiac care in the South was not the best at that time. And the room service menu's were there, regardless of whether you wanted them to be so or not, it's not as if marketing teams came around every two hours and forced patients to order from them!

Was talking about the Hospitals marketing not the food.They have convinced many people that they are the number one hospital  in Thailand .From my own personal experience I would dispute that from my personal experience that but obviously can't go into details.I thought you were in CM at the time.Good to hear you are ok.