Is it safe to walk around Pattaya wearing a Jewish skullcap, star of David, etc.?

Jingthing

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK. But would you feel comfortable doing that here? Try to personalize it.

I'm atheist and if it was up top me all religion would be banned as believing about a man in the sky is in fact a mental illness. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure on a couple of occasions  I've seen someone wearing a yarmulke passing through the lobby of my building. Don't think I've ever seen someone in Pattaya wearing a star of David. Doubt that most Thais would know what either was.

That however doesn't address the safety issue and really I don't think there could be a definitive answer. In most places, situations in Pattaya I doubt it would cause any sort of reaction, but obviously in the wrong place at the wrong time it's impossible to say what might happen. An expensive looking Star of David might make you a target for a thief just as would any sort of jewelry that appears valuable.

I assume you don't regularly wander around Walking Street or Beach Rd in the wee hours when the drunken tourists are out and about or parade through that section of town that seems to be heavily populated by young Arab men. 

As I say it's impossible to say with any certainty. There are places in the US or Europe where those things could provoke an unpleasant comment or an attack. It's hard to say what will cause some person with a real or imagined grievance to go bonkers.

16 hours ago, Stardust314 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frsLvaBNUyY

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Learning-lessons-from-Startup-Thailand-2016-30285129.html  Israel and Thailand have a very close relationship

http://www.jewishthailand.com/      ask them here..

http://www.thephuketnews.com/israel-ambassador-talks-security-tourism-in-phuket-58743.php#QfgcGiTbAr66sDqd.97   Amb Roded (left) also gave Gov Chamroen a copy of the book “Start-up Nation: The Story of Israel’s Economic Miracle” by Dan Senor and Saul Singer, which details how “smart policies” led Israel to its impressive international economic performance. 

I saw in Pattaya some  Israelites. But when they come here for vacation they do not feel such a need wear  yarmulke when they  walk around soi  0-100 bars :D..

if they had any problems so the Thai police will certainly be on the side of the Israelis.Because  ALL they have had enough of ONE arrogant destructive  religious..

I tend to think that people who go to Pattaya, especially the night spots, share a common core of interests that transcends their religious beliefs...therefore, I'm inclined to say that no one would care...other parts of Pattaya, which do not rely on prostitution--I'm not sure...are there "muslim areas" and "Jewish areas" in Pattaya, as there is BKK?

I have seen it only once on Soi 15/Buakow.  A group of 4-5 guys with a Tora Roll, seemed to be a ceremony connected with the new construction of the Tulip Condo/Hotel there.

That said, there are parts of Pattaya (especially around Soi VC and Walking Street) which give you a feeling of staying in a RR zone of ISIS...

Does not prevent them from consuming alcohol though... I assume, showing up there in the described outfit would further or later "provoke" aggressive reactions, at least later in the night, when they are drunk or even on other drugs.

...sadly...being a 'visible minority'...you just don't know what might make people turn on you...

...and I think we all begin to feel that 'instinctively' after a while....

...so many thing 'they' can get away with.....which 'we' cannot....in a million years it seems...

1 hour ago, Scotwight said:

Being Jewish is kind of like Cosplay.  No one knows what they are really about and the people stare at the funny costumes and behavior.  No problem in Pattaya.  

REALLY ???   you need to get out more or at least read a book or two

Being Jewish is kind of like Cosplay.  No one knows what they are really about and the people stare at the funny costumes and behavior.  No problem in Pattaya.  

I wish my wife was into Cosplay in the bedroom :( Don't care if she'd wear a star of david on her uniform :D

If you want to make a religious statement by flaunting   insignia of your faith i would think  there are better places to be noticed than on the streets of such a place as Pattaya . However all are accepted and unless the star of David is gold

give beach road and the gender benders a miss.

A post arguing about moderation has been removed. This is the Pattaya forum and is about all things to do with Pattaya, congratulations you just got the topic closed

//CLOSED//