Starting date for 90 reporting on O-A

3 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Apparently yes, 555.

I had received advice that it started from date of visa issue not date of entry - it's not a case of "is it really that difficult" but merely a case of checking whether the information given  was correct or not. No wonder this site has such a shocking reputation for boorish responses...

3 hours ago, Eclipse said:

90 days stay in Thailand.

Is it really that difficult?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Inyati Girl said:

I had received advice that it started from date of visa issue not date of entry - it's not a case of "is it really that difficult" but merely a case of checking whether the information given  was correct or not. No wonder this site has such a shocking reputation for boorish responses...

so if you did not use the one year multi entry visa until 92 days after issue, where would you do the report ' your home country',

wise up you are travelling in a foreign country you will need to improve your game. always the correct advice on here, just come here first, maybe boorish, but they are spot on correct 'boorish responses'

To quote an official typed advice note given to me by Phuket Immigration Office on this subject during Q4'15 "You are required to report to immigration every 90 days from either : The issue date of your FIRST Visa OR from the date you arrive back into Thailand if you have left the country since your visa was issued."

I guess the OP has received the same advice from that immigration office and has asked Thaivisa a fair question which does not warrant some of the rude responses received.

A lot of confusion arises because people call it a 90 day report address reports and etc.

Easy to understand if you read the title of the TM47 form used for the reporting.

FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS

2 hours ago, Evilbaz said:

More nomenclature confusion!

From the quoted example it appears Phuket Immi are calling an Extension a "Visa".

I don't think so...this document refers to the OA Non-Imm visa...not the extension which may occur, what is it? - 13-24 months after the OA visa is issued? In my case I didn't do a 90 day report from the date of OA visa issue because I left the country within 90 days of that date then the 90 day clock started from the date of my re-entry.

15 hours ago, steve187 said:

so if you did not use the one year multi entry visa until 92 days after issue, where would you do the report ' your home country',

wise up you are travelling in a foreign country you will need to improve your game. always the correct advice on here, just come here first, maybe boorish, but they are spot on correct 'boorish responses'

Correct advice is one thing - smart Alecky comments when someone is just asking for help is another. Surely it's the same in the East Midlands?

16 hours ago, FforestFach said:

To quote an official typed advice note given to me by Phuket Immigration Office on this subject during Q4'15 "You are required to report to immigration every 90 days from either : The issue date of your FIRST Visa OR from the date you arrive back into Thailand if you have left the country since your visa was issued."

I guess the OP has received the same advice from that immigration office and has asked Thaivisa a fair question which does not warrant some of the rude responses received.

If that was on an official document it was wrong whether referring to a non 'O-A' entry or an extension of stay. They could be referring to 'visa' as being the permission to stay.

You are required to report anytime staying continuously in the country for 90 days. Day 1 of a non 'O-A' entry is always the day you enter or re-enter the country. When applying for an extension of stay the day you apply is day 1 of the 90.