Chinese Shrine on Big Buddha Hill To be Demolished

gk10002000

I just read the online version of one of Pattaya's newspapers and the article said they are going to demolish that shrine that is just below the top of the hill.  Can anybody confirm that?  That to me is one of the prettiest and quietest spots in Pattaya. 

Edited by gk10002000

The article implied the whole darn place.   But the text seems contradictory and while mentioning the five rai parcel of land, it also says the Wang Sam Sien there in 2013 was built in 2013.  So I 'm not sure exactly what part or parts they are referring to since the place has been there far longer than before 2013.

Pattaya has won permission to demolish Wang Sam Sien shrine on Big Buddha Hill in a court case dating back three years.  Acting Mayor Chanapong Sriviset said the Supreme Administrative Court upheld a lower court’s verdict against Mahakitpaisan Foundation for building the shrine on public land.The acting mayor and city legal chief Sretapol Boonsawat led a delegation of Pattaya workers to the area for inspection July 28 ahead of work to take back the land. Chanapong Pattaya received rights to the Department of Defense land from the Royal Thai Navy. After the rights were transferred, Pattaya improved the landscaping. However, Mahakitpaisan built Wang Sam Sien there in 2013. During the inspection, city officials found various structures built for visitor recreation and to pay respects to deities on the five-rai parcel.Officials also considered keeping the shrine open, as it was popular with tourists.

The article showed officials walking around the site.

1 hour ago, onemorechang said:

You can demolish the lot,   for all i care,   the place was all very nice

until they started charging to rent a skirts  to the ladies. ( never needed before )

i watched one Thai guy shouting at a young Russian couple and banging the sign

very load and very aggressively,    last year,    it was just  nasty

wont ever go there again or take people there

Amazing Thailand.

Seen Thai men smoking in the temples. Don't believe the farce of wearing amulets and strings. They are aggressive everywhere. 

i guess they think destroying something may be easier then doing something like fixing all the holes in the beach promenade, but its just bazaar in my view, if true. its one of the nicest spots in Pattaya. I suppose thats a good enough reason to destroy it.its too good for pattaya, lets kill it.

11 hours ago, phycokiller said:

i guess they think destroying something may be easier then doing something like fixing all the holes in the beach promenade, but its just bazaar in my view, if true. its one of the nicest spots in Pattaya. I suppose thats a good enough reason to destroy it.its too good for pattaya, lets kill it.

I personally love the place.  Quiet and peaceful.  The article I paraphrased was in the local Pattaya online newspaper.  Not sure I can spell it out as it might get deleted.  My guess is somebody is looking for money so they will try and dig up or find any hole in the lease.  The place is not a cash cow as it is free to walk around.