Hat Yai lawyer shoots love rival three times and waits for police to arrive

webfact

Hat Yai lawyer shoots love rival three times and waits for police to arrive

a4.jpg

Image: Thairath 

HAT YAI: -- A lawyer and legal adviser in Hat Yai in southern Thailand shot his girlfriend's ex lover three times then waited for police to give himself up.

Police who rushed to the scene at the end of Soi Rat Uthit found only a pool of blood and the lawyer waiting. His victim had already been taken by a member of the public to Sikharin Hospital with grievous injuries, reported Thairath

Ekanat Suksuwan, 40, was hit in the neck and body three times. His chances of survival are rated at only 50/50.

Sethawut Chuayten 41, gave himself up to police along with a .38 gun.

He told police that he had arrived at a motorbike dealership nearby where he is a legal advisor and where his current girlfriend works.

As he neared the dealership his girlfriend's ex lover arrived in a Toyota Fortuner and cut in front of him. Both men got out and an argument ensued. Sethawut then pulled out a gun and shot his rival three times.

He was detained by police.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-23

So even a so called "educated" lawyer who surely understands the implications and ramifications of their actions cannot control themselves or as another poster pointed out, is it his knowlledge of the legal system which prompted him to do what he did in the knowlledge he will by and large be able to pay his way out? If so, this is actually premeditated attempted murder or murder should the victim not survive. The judge should really throw the book at this individual. As a side note, no woman is worth shooting someone else over with regards to a love rivalry. This woman needs to get rid of both these guys quickly as they pose a threat to her life.

45 minutes ago, captspectre said:

Thai malins will not fight mitn to manusunless tisere are three of four to  one! it is just a plain fact that thai males fighting hand to hand one on one is extremly rare!

I'm mystified as to why any man would get Into a physical, or worse, confrontation over a girl/woman.  

Just walking away hurts her and the other guy more, the logic beingthat she Isn't even worth a few words, let alone a punch up or gun fight.

They're just not worth It.

If It was a road rage Issue, likewise, just not worth the words, and definitely nothung more.

Walki ng away Pi$$ es a guy off more than arguing.  He wants to show what a big man he Is, but Is denied the opportunity.

Typos!!  Unable to edit on my 'phone since the TV upgrade, and there's a problem with lower case 'I' ( eye not L) when It Is the first letter of a word.

Edited by F4UCorsair

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

Thai males will not fight man to man unless there are three of four to one! it is just a plain fact that thai males fighting hand to hand one on one is extremly rare!

Funny you mention that.  It is also applicable to soi dogs.  Must be something in the water.

Assuming the guy in civilian clothes is the shooter it gives me the impression the shooter and police are having a calm discussion on how to handle this unfortunate incident.  Like how much is this going to cost me?   What to say at the police station?  Will I need to spend overnight in jail?  

45 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

So even a so called "educated" lawyer who surely understands the implications and ramifications of their actions cannot control themselves or as another poster pointed out, is it his knowlledge of the legal system which prompted him to do what he did in the knowlledge he will by and large be able to pay his way out? If so, this is actually premeditated attempted murder or murder should the victim not survive. The judge should really throw the book at this individual. As a side note, no woman is worth shooting someone else over with regards to a love rivalry. This woman needs to get rid of both these guys quickly as they pose a threat to her life.

I don't think 'premeditated' comes into this.

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

Thai males will not fight man to man unless there are three of four to one! it is just a plain fact that thai males fighting hand to hand one on one is extremly rare!

is any woman really worth that much hassle? maybe it is a pride thing. walking away to a nice simple single life must surely be the best solution.

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

BiB seem pretty relaxed having a chat with a guy who just blew another guy away.  Interesting the Thairath reporter went out of his/her way to mention the victim was driving a Fortuner. 

Maybe because many people believe (and partly justified) that people who drive fortuners drive more selfish then the rest. 

23 minutes ago, monkey4u said:

What made this so called educated man think he needed to carry a gun

Did he feel he needed to be one of the many who cant leave home without one  :blink:

I guess you have never been a lawyer.

" If you are standing in front of a Lawyer and a Big  Pit bull  mouth foaming dog. You always shoot the Lawyer ".

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Silly thing to do. Now he will be locked up so neither man gets to enjoy the girl.

Lawyer maybe but sensible man, no way.

I,ll be quite happy to take care of the girls needs while they are both incapacitated....:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Inn Between said:

He'll be alright. He's knows the system -- an apology in case it might have affected tourism and the claim he was drunk. Pay the victim a bit of money and life goes on as if nothing happened. 

Don't forget a week in a temple!

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Maybe because many people believe (and partly justified) that people who drive fortuners drive more selfish then the rest. 

I drive a fortuner, you gonna now call me selfish? 

I agree if a woman doesn't want you then just walk away from them tell them they are not worth fighting over. Road rage the world over can result in someone being beaten to a pulp, stabbed or shot its not just a Thai thing

Edited by draks

4 minutes ago, draks said:

I drive a fortuner, you gonna now call me selfish? 

I agree if a woman doesn't want you then just walk away from them tell them they are not worth fighting over. Road rage the world over can result in someone being beaten to a pulp, stabbed or shot its not just a Thai thing

I said partly justified and my opinion and that of many others is that there is a larger percentage of dangerous driving anti social people in fortuners than in other cars. Especially black ones IMHO. 

Could be my bias that i notice them more after having bad experiences in the past. But this has come up in the past and many agree. That does not mean that everyone who drives a fortuners is such a person. 

Well!   It looks like Lawyers and rich or connected people use

guns. I have seen a lot use knives, and other cheap weapons.

Best to stay healthy and not have to go to jail for this kind

of a reason. I do agree that there are not a lot of girl friends

who are worth any jail time. Maybe she was filthy rich.

I guess this lawyer will get to find out just how the systems works

Geezer

1 hour ago, monkey4u said:

What made this so called educated man think he needed to carry a gun

Did he feel he needed to be one of the many who cant leave home without one  :blink:

Lawyer was riding one of these.  Add in a woman and Fortuner envy....he just snapped! :crazy:

modifikasi motor scoopy hello kitty.jpg