New Immigration Office for Mahasarakham (Isaan)

Open now,  based on the source of the International Relations Office of Mahasarakham University.  Fully operational around September 1, 2016,  based on the below video.  

Video directions on YouTube:

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

is this a possible for Kalasin expats  as opposed to SAKON NAKHON

Not unless immigration formally changed and announced the designated office for Kalasin is now that office. Which is not likely to happen.

i realise that it would have to be formally announced   i was not just going to show up and wing it    can you tell me is this a new office  or just a relocation ?

obviously it would be far more convenient  for myself and dozens of other EXP

so please accept a biased  thought/hope   when i renew my extension annually  i have to wait a 30 approval  from HQ  Korat  anyway   like i said never say neversay

4 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

i realise that it would have to be formally announced   i was not just going to show up and wing it    can you tell me is this a new office  or just a relocation ?

obviously it would be far more convenient  for myself and dozens of other EXP

so please accept a biased  thought/hope   when i renew my extension annually  i have to wait a 30 approval  from HQ  Korat  anyway   like i said never say neversay

It is a new office. People in Maha Sarakham were using the Khoen Ken office before.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a new office. People in Maha Sarakham were using the Khoen Ken office before.

thanks  so i can keep hoping         i think your    Which is not likely to happen.  quote  sounded a bit negative  from your usual   opinions

10 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

thanks  so i can keep hoping         i think your    Which is not likely to happen.  quote  sounded a bit negative  from your usual   opinions

Perhaps Kalasin will the be the next province to get a new office. It seems they intend to have one in every province.

I think Kalsin and  Nong Bua Lam Phu are the only ones in Isaan that don't have one now or one that is in the process of being opened.

Let's see, living in Mueang Kalasin, we were not included in the use of the Khon Kaen office, which is about an hours drive from Kalasin, when they openned that Office...  Now there is a new Office supposedly open in Roi Et, which is about a 35 minute drive from Kalasin, and Now you are telling us that there is a New Office in Maha Sarakham, which is about 20 minute drive from Kalasin, and we will still have to make the 2+ hour drive to Sakon Nakhon for our Immigration Services...

What did someone in Kalasin due to Totally Piss Off the Thai Immigration higher ups???

Pianoman

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pianoman said:

Let's see, living in Mueang Kalasin, we were not included in the use of the Khon Kaen office, which is about an hours drive from Kalasin, when they openned that Office...  Now there is a new Office supposedly open in Roi Et, which is about a 35 minute drive from Kalasin, and Now you are telling us that there is a New Office in Maha Sarakham, which is about 20 minute drive from Kalasin, and we will still have to make the 2+ hour drive to Sakon Nakhon for our Immigration Services...

What did someone in Kalasin due to Totally Piss Off the Thai Immigration higher ups???

Pianoman

for me its not just the 2 hrs each way drive  it the treacherous road itself especially  in the bad weather times

I am off to Immigration Sakon Nakhon tomorrow morning to do a 90 Day Report, even though the last one was mail EMS and the Tracking showed that it was delivered 5 days before it was due, because I never received my form back from the Immigration Office...  They told me after 3 phone calls regarding it's where a bouts, that I used a 3 baht stamp instead of a 5 baht stamp on the return envelope, so the Post Office just "Lost it"...  And that I would have to come into the Office to do my 90 Day Report this time...

Needles to say, the Local Post Office personnel where not happy to hear that Immigration was telling people that the Post Office was not delivering mail with 3 baht stamps...  Especially since it was there Office who sold me the 3 baht stamp saying it was enough considering what was going to be inside of the envelope...

As Lamkyong mentioned, it's not just the 2+ hour drive each way, but also the really dangerous winding  two lane road that you need to drive to get there...   Hopefully they will offer some "Good News" regarding us from Mueang Kalasin using either of the New and much closer Immigration Offices...  If not, I am afraid that I will be sending  e-mails to the Immigration HQ requesting an explanation as to why we are not only being "Punished" financially and time wise but also put at a far greater risk by having to continue to  drive such distances and further risk our health and well being...

Pianoman

23 hours ago, pianoman said:

I am off to Immigration Sakon Nakhon tomorrow morning to do a 90 Day Report, even though the last one was mail EMS and the Tracking showed that it was delivered 5 days before it was due, because I never received my form back from the Immigration Office...  They told me after 3 phone calls regarding it's where a bouts, that I used a 3 baht stamp instead of a 5 baht stamp on the return envelope, so the Post Office just "Lost it"...  And that I would have to come into the Office to do my 90 Day Report this time...

Needles to say, the Local Post Office personnel where not happy to hear that Immigration was telling people that the Post Office was not delivering mail with 3 baht stamps...  Especially since it was there Office who sold me the 3 baht stamp saying it was enough considering what was going to be inside of the envelope...

As Lamkyong mentioned, it's not just the 2+ hour drive each way, but also the really dangerous winding  two lane road that you need to drive to get there...   Hopefully they will offer some "Good News" regarding us from Mueang Kalasin using either of the New and much closer Immigration Offices...  If not, I am afraid that I will be sending  e-mails to the Immigration HQ requesting an explanation as to why we are not only being "Punished" financially and time wise but also put at a far greater risk by having to continue to  drive such distances and further risk our health and well being...

Pianoman

O.K., made the drive, safely I might add,  go there and the office was busy, but after about 8 or 10 minutes waiting the Head (Lady) Officer came out of her office and asked what I needed...  After explaining my situation with regards to not receiving my return 90 Day Report and showing her both my EMS receipt and the copy of the Tracking Report showing that they received it prior to it's due date, she had one of the lower officers look it up and said that it was sent back to me 6 days after they received it, and as an office had told me on the phone before, "You should have put a 5 baht stamp on the return envelope rather than the 3 baht stamp that the Post Office placed on the return envelope...   I told her that the Head Man at the Post Office in Kalasin was not happy to hear that an Immigration Officer believed that the Post Office would just ignore and not deliver mail due to difference between the 3 baht and 5 baht stamp when the 3 baht was all that was needed on a single envelope..  She then just ignored that comment and said that I did the right thing by coming in personally to do my current 90 Day Report...

I then asked her if living in Mueang Kalasin, we could use either the New Office just opened in Roi Et or the soon to open New Office in Maha Sarakhom???   She said "No, your office in this office in Sakon Nakhon"..   I told her that making the 2+ hour drive each way, over winding, dangerous, 2 lane roads was just crazy when there were two New Offices within 30 minutes of our home in Kalasin...  She then said that they would be starting to have someone available to come to Kalasin when needed so that we did not have to make the trip next time...  My Thai GF asked her in Thai, why not have an office in Kalasin and she told her, again in Thai, that they would have an office in Kalasin, but not soon...  She gave my Thai GF the phone # to call before our next trip, to have someone sent to Kalasin...  

The interaction was just a bit confusing, but then most conversations with Thai's can be just that, "Confusing"...    I did tell her that I have an Old Farang friend who does not drive and needs to do his yearly extension the end of Sept. or first week in Oct.,  She said to have him call at least 15 days prior to his extension deadline...

Basically it sounds like they have been told to accomidate  Mueang Kalasin residents in some way, but that exactly How has not really been worked out as of yet...  Possibly Monthly visits to the area, or as needed visits when needed, or who knows...

Pianoman

2 minutes ago, pianoman said:

O.K., made the drive, safely I might add,  go there and the office was busy, but after about 8 or 10 minutes waiting the Head (Lady) Officer came out of her office and asked what I needed...  After explaining my situation with regards to not receiving my return 90 Day Report and showing her both my EMS receipt and the copy of the Tracking Report showing that they received it prior to it's due date, she had one of the lower officers look it up and said that it was sent back to me 6 days after they received it, and as an office had told me on the phone before, "You should have put a 5 baht stamp on the return envelope rather than the 3 baht stamp that the Post Office placed on the return envelope...   I told her that the Head Man at the Post Office in Kalasin was not happy to hear that an Immigration Officer believed that the Post Office would just ignore and not deliver mail due to difference between the 3 baht and 5 baht stamp when the 3 baht was all that was needed on a single envelope..  She then just ignored that comment and said that I did the right thing by coming in personally to do my current 90 Day Report...

I then asked her if living in Mueang Kalasin, we could use either the New Office just opened in Roi Et or the soon to open New Office in Maha Sarakhom???   She said "No, your office in this office in Sakon Nakhon"..   I told her that making the 2+ hour drive each way, over winding, dangerous, 2 lane roads was just crazy when there were two New Offices within 30 minutes of our home in Kalasin...  She then said that they would be starting to have someone available to come to Kalasin when needed so that we did not have to make the trip next time...  My Thai GF asked her in Thai, why not have an office in Kalasin and she told her, again in Thai, that they would have an office in Kalasin, but not soon...  She gave my Thai GF the phone # to call before our next trip, to have someone sent to Kalasin...  

The interaction was just a bit confusing, but then most conversations with Thai's can be just that, "Confusing"...    I did tell her that I have an Old Farang friend who does not drive and needs to do his yearly extension the end of Sept. or first week in Oct.,  She said to have him call at least 15 days prior to his extension deadline...

Basically it sounds like they have been told to accomidate  Mueang Kalasin residents in some way, but that exactly How has not really been worked out as of yet...  Possibly Monthly visits to the area, or as needed visits when needed, or who knows...

Pianoman

Thanks for the feedback Pianoman.   Would appreciate a specific tip on the directions:  Where is the U-turn  in relationship to the PEA district office?  If you didn't see the PEA, how did you identify the location of the U-turn?

Thanks in Advance,
Fookhaht   

Wel   Piano man  i certainly admire your perseverance    whilst on one side  i realise  unless you hold your hand up their will be no recognition  the info you were given sounds pretty  pie in the sky   i really cant see a  a la carte  service happening   any time soon  certainly not without strings attached   Yes i think enough people make the same enquiry  that might stir someone  into thinking oh what a good idea     I Have heard in the past about a new office in Kalasin         but again nothing positive   we live in hope 

again good post thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Now we are hearing from our university international office that the Mahasarakham Immigration office will not be fully functional until the first of next year.   Visa extensions and even 90-day reports still must be submitted to Khon Kaen.    Can anyone else confirm or deny? 

As the author  of the above video(Fookhaht please ask next time you use someones videos.No problem to use but i like to know where they are being shown) I can say that when we went to film the Immigration office they had some of the forms and intermated that they would be running by September.  I think it will take some time to get fully operational.  As regards the U-turn for the office its 5kms from Mahasarakham ring road

• 3 weeks later...
On August 24, 2016 at 2:13 AM, Maestro said:

Has anybody got the GPS coordinates for the Maha Sarakham immigration office?

No, but hopefully here's the next best thing for finding it . . . 

Mahasarakham - Borabue Highway (Highway 23)

• 8.2 km from Mahasarakham clock tower
  • 7.7 km from Mahasarakham Provincial Hospital
  • 5.0 km from intersection of Highway 291 and Highway 23 (traffic light at Kaeng Loeng Chan junction)
  • 2.5 km from PTT
  • 0.5 km from electricity company (PEA)

On August 24, 2016 at 2:13 AM, Maestro said:

Has anybody got the GPS coordinates for the Maha Sarakham immigration office?

Ah, just now got it as well....

16°08'21.3"N 103°14'50.6"E

16.139252, 103.247404

(Don't quite understand the difference between the two different lines of numbers, so I just copied both from Google Maps  @ https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Maha+Sarakham+Immigration/@16.1389792,103.2452155,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3122a0bf17084b99:0x4d31e6e0fbc37205!8m2!3d16.1389792!4d103.2474042)

Edited by Fookhaht

• 1 month later...