Chonburi Mobile Health Checkup.

sandyf

The Chonburi Hospital mobile unit was at the local temple today so we all went along for the checkup. It was supposed to start at 8am and we got there about 7.40 and I got ticket number 75, thought we were going to be there all day. It was surprisingly efficient, although proceedings were interrupted for about 20 minutes while the dignitaries made speeches and had their photo shoot. Although I have seen the mobile unit running around previously this is the first time its been to our area and they say it will be annually from now on.

My wife had already put my name down so when we were called to registration I just showed my ID card and got the preprinted label same as as everyone else. The checks were fairly routine, bloods - 4 samples taken, ECG and chest X-Ray. have to go back on Oct 11th to see the Doctor.

They had set up a food kitchen to one side with rice soup and tom yum available. This helped break up the queues at ECG and X-ray. when I went to ECG there were only 2 in front and at X-Ray, 5 in front. many went from bloods to the food and then back. You were given a white slip to take back to the doctor and against that they gave out an orange juice,cupcake and a bag of 8 'fresh' eggs, apparently a donation from the egg company.

Looked like about 150 turned up for the checkup with about 75 percent being female, they were taking longer to process and there was a mammogram facility available on request. When we left at 10am just seemed to be a few waiting to finish off, all very efficient and a job well done..

Archived