Muslim Frenchwoman 'fined for veil on Cannes beach'

webfact

6 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

The  Hijab  and  Burkini are  not  considered a problem  because they do  not  obscure the  face  any  more than a typical  headscarf in normal circumstance.

However the  full  veiling with  only  eyeslits has the potential to disguise any individual, male or  female.

The  subjugation of woman may be a populist aspect but  given that the  defendant in this  French case was a woman who may admittedly have been defiant as  due to adherence to subjugative influence it is  the issue of  identity that is the priority although appeal to the  human rights issue may be  deemed correctly supportive but contradictory to the similar  issue  were the  Catholic organization officially disallows female  priests !

So is the  issue of the  burka a matter of the  obvious security aspect or is it  just a false facet used in the internationally encouraged  discrimination  of a human right  to religious choice? Both  perhaps? One has legal justification. The other is..........

Pardon

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, GuestHouse said:

I wonder if she ever got around to paying the fine, or if she did the sensible thing and wait for the council of state to suspend the ban on the burqini?

I believe that I read somewhere that someone / or some group had paid the fines on behalf of the women

On 8/27/2016 at 5:42 PM, ilostmypassword said:

So the US civil rights movement was really a crusade for anarchy?  Get a grip.

What's really interesting about your second comment is that you assume that if someone is a Moslem, then they are not a native of the country they are in?  Or do you hold French Muslims accountable for the conditions in the countries their parents or grandparents or great grandparents emigrated from?  Or should there be 2 standards?  One for native muslims and one for foreign-born muslims?

Get a grip yourself matey - I refuse to have any more discourse with someone who has to resort to personal insults and misquotes in order to try to get their point across.

Edited by sambum
Altered text

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Get a grip yourself matey - I refuse to have any more discourse with someone who has to resort to personal insults and misquotes in order to try to get their point across.

I didn't misquote you and there was absolutely nothing personal in my comment. To be personal I would have had to characterize you.  Never happened.