Anyone Notice A Small Tremor Just Now?

Greenside

Earthquake of 6.8 magnitude strikes central Myanmar - USGS
August 24, 2016 5:54 pm

YANGON - An earthquake of 6.8 magnitude struck central Myanmar on Wednesday, the US Geological Survey said.
The quake struck 143 km (88 miles) west of the city of Meiktila, the agency said.

There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.

The quake was also felt in Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

- Reuters, The Nation

Just now, tifino said:

same Fault Line as related to the tsunami, it seems to me

No, it's the fault line that runs North/South, in Myanmar and then extends down through the Andaman and onwards, having said that, it is a component of the Ring of Fire. Three years ago(ish)  in CM was the worst I've felt here, 20th floor and seriously scary - the same fault line.

2 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

No, it's the fault line that runs North/South, in Myanmar and then extends down through the Andaman and onwards, having said that, it is a component of the Ring of Fire. Three years ago(ish)  in CM was the worst I've felt here, 20th floor and seriously scary - the same fault line.

Yup; the one three years ago moved a lot of stuff around in my glass cabinets up here in CM, that was quite a shaker.

re

Our pool is slopping about and the alarm went off

i was lying on my bed and thought i was having a senior moment

then i saw my floor fan and a strap hanging from a backpack swinging

from side to side for about ten seconds

much lighter than the one in feb 14 !

which made me move out to a lower floor in the top north for a week :(

dave2

hotel top north earthquake stay 29 may 14 20140529_071903.jpg

For the Thai readers among posters, cm108 has already started some limited reports.

Last time this happened they were pretty quick of the mark getting photos sent in direct from people in Burma and CR, some of the snaps of road damage and crevices or land displacement were unique and impressive.

http://www.cm108.com/bbb/topic/1169-1734-น-แผ่นดินไหวพม่า-ขนาด-70-สะเทือนถึงภาคเหนือ/

http://www.cm108.com/bbb/topic/1170-แผ่นดินไหว-70-ริกเตอร์ที่เมียนม่ากระทบถึงเชียงใหม่/

Little now now but probably well worth a look tomorrow for those interested.