Video: Molester on a "song thaew" arrested after video goes viral

webfact

Video: Molester on a "song thaew" arrested after video goes viral

a5.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A man has been charged with molestation after a video of his activities on a "song thaew" bus went viral.

The clip was taken by a fellow passenger on the bus travelling on the Bang Na - Trat highway towards Mega Bang Na shopping center on Monday, reported Thairath.

The clip was viewed 438,000 times creating much comment.

The poster on Facebook - Preawdaw Raturat - said that she spoke to the man about his behavior before she started videoing. 

"I told him what I thought of him, " she said, "but he just continued and even invited my friend and me to go sit with him".

The man in the white shirt can be seem sniffing the young student next to him on the head and shoulder as his hands hover around her shoulder and legs.

Preawdaw posted again on Wednesday that Bang Kaew police had contacted her to say they had arrested a man. "That's a relief," she said. "Well done to the Thai police".

A Bang Kaew police spokesman said that Worasit Intharawisit, a 38 year old security guard had been rounded up in the Prawet district wearing the same clothes as seen in the clip. 

The 16 year old victim who turned her back on him in the clip and tries to edge away had reported the matter to them resulting in the arrest.

Worasit told police that he was drunk while police discovered that he had a conviction for theft. He was charged with molesting a minor aged above 15 years old and detained.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-25

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is apparently drunk (that is the excuse du jour for allmost anything nowadays in Thailand), but also doesn't appear to be a full shilling (for want of a better expression). It's good that he is off the streets for now at least, I wonder what the punishment is for molesting a minor, probably only a small fine.

I do feel for the young girl, I have young daughters myself, makes me shudder what it'll be like for them when they're older and need to get out into the world

27 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

A good elbowing to the face from the girl would have helped him to stop. I don't know who I am more upset with, the idiot or the girl for just doing nothing. She is big enough. :coffee1:

I understand you think you girl should have done something,  but in the LOS  just so many people are carrying guns knives what ever so you would have to be prepared to take that chance,  But also the young woman sitting on the other side he had a quick go at is older and maybe she could have done something?  or then there's ring the bell for song theaw to stop and talk to the driver?

The best option would be to teach your kids a self defense style from a young age but let them know it's not just for fun but for their safety as well.  As a Sensei ( Karate instructor) for many years I had my son and two daughter's learn from a young age and they can take care of them selves.  Is peper sray legal/available here?

He didn't do anything. He smelled her. Maybe she was wearing a nice perfume. If this is a definition of molestation, well knock me down with a feather. It's obvious that the girl was not stressed at all and if fact didn't seem to mind. If she turned around and told him to stop and then he refused to stop, then that would be a crime of at best harassment. I remember being on the bus and enjoying the smell of one or two good lookers. The lady opposite said something so the girl must have been aware. Maybe she liked a little bit of attention. 

People just need to calm down a bit. 

Poor man, now he'll lose his job and be put in handcuffs, for what? 

Enjoying the smell of a young lady on a bus. 

1 hour ago, z42 said:

He is apparently drunk (that is the excuse du jour for allmost anything nowadays in Thailand), but also doesn't appear to be a full shilling (for want of a better expression). It's good that he is off the streets for now at least, I wonder what the punishment is for molesting a minor, probably only a small fine.

I do feel for the young girl, I have young daughters myself, makes me shudder what it'll be like for them when they're older and need to get out into the world

Punishment??? .... 500 Baht fine and a slap on the wrist.... TiT

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

A good elbowing to the face from the girl would have helped him to stop. I don't know who I am more upset with, the idiot or the girl for just doing nothing. She is big enough. :coffee1:

Maybe you should be more annoyed with yourself for posting such a ridiculous comment?

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

He didn't do anything. He smelled her. Maybe she was wearing a nice perfume. If this is a definition of molestation, well knock me down with a feather. It's obvious that the girl was not stressed at all and if fact didn't seem to mind. If she turned around and told him to stop and then he refused to stop, then that would be a crime of at best harassment. I remember being on the bus and enjoying the smell of one or two good lookers. The lady opposite said something so the girl must have been aware. Maybe she liked a little bit of attention. 

"He smelled her"...yes, he did, and his facking nose was touching her when he was doing it!

What about the part when he was touching her leg, doesn't that count?

Edited by gdgbb

Good thing he was sniffing the scent of a woman and not a tank full of petrol.

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Blaming the victim? Wow...

More victim blaming, worse in fact...defending the predator in this case.

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

Amazing!

I don't know, what turns you on and if you are okay with random guys sniffing up on you and touching you...that is sure fine with me!

Others are not, as the girl in the video made clear to the perv!

Other than that: blaming the victim and defending the perv....where have I seen that from you, before?!

Can't put my finger on it...maybe it was some time ago...on another thread...about another part of Thailand...and some rapy stuff going on there....

Just now, Somtamnication said:

Exactly, she will have to learn how to handle  similar situations in the future for there surely will be more before reaching old age.

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

Sounds like you are a bit of a perv yourself, mate

29 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Exactly, she will have to learn how to handle  similar situations in the future for there surely will be more before reaching old age.

Besides the fact she is a child, there is no reason any woman (anyone in fact) should have to put up with sexual predators such as this scum bag. 

2 minutes ago, Lex Talionis said:

I'm still waiting..... Where the hell is this "molestation?" Way over the top.

Molestation is usually understood as a sexual contact, but in this context it was molestation of an annoying or disturbing nature.

Simply put the man was out of line in his actions.

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

"He smelled her"...yes, he did, and his facking nose was touching her when he was doing it!

What about the part when he was touching her leg, doesn't that count?

Ever went in a japanese subway at  rushhour ?

People are pressed against each other that they can hardly move .

Arrest them all ?

3 minutes ago, pumpuy said:

Ever went in a japanese subway at  rushhour ?

People are pressed against each other that they can hardly move .

Arrest them all ?

You are being obtuse trying to use that argument.

Crowded conditions on mass transit are one thing where accidental contact is unavoidable, usually accompanied by an apology.

This was a deliberate act on a local baht bus and he was possibly aware he was being filmed although intoxication was cited.

There is a fairly big difference.