Thai kid comes home from school covered in blood after teacher attack - what would you do?

webfact

2 hours ago, Navalator said:

Covered in blood?  Give me  break.  The kid probably deserved it. Now watch the evangelical nut cases come out of the woodwork to scream  teacher abuse.

The kid may have deserved punishment, but no kid deserves to be assaulted like that. The teacher should be charged.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you expect when when the parents beat their kids themselves!

I was in a market cafe, when the guy sitting at the next table with his kid, about 7 years old, when the kid did something wrong, he started shouting ,slapping the boy across the head , then gripped his ear and tugged his head back and fore. I got up and told him to stop. well I ended up giving  the father a slap across the back of his head. Wrong move, I ended up with the whole cafe against me. They wanted me arrested fro hitting the guy. His attitude was that he was only punishing his son, and why should I object to that.

So the moral of this story is they all think it's perfectly ok and normal to beat on kids.

This happened in Phnom Penh Cambodia, but it's the same all over Asia.

2 hours ago, Navalator said:

Covered in blood?  Give me  break.  The kid probably deserved it. Now watch the evangelical nut cases come out of the woodwork to scream  teacher abuse.

Regardless, if it were my son his teacher would be waiting in line for the cremation ceremony..:coffee1: 

2 hours ago, hanssna said:

My dad would have beaten the s**t out of this teacher....  Guess I would do the same ( if I had kids...)

When I was in the primary school (very long ago), class 3, a monk used his iron ruler to give me 5 slaps on my bottom and he made me sit on my knees in the corner of the classroom for 1 hour.

Why?

We used to write at that time with feathers and self made ink and I spoiled some (very expensive) ink on my paper.

Later that day, I came home and I told my father what the monk did to me.

Result: I got 10 more slaps on my bare bottom from my father.

Kids don't die from a slap and kids deserve to feel a strong hand when they are not obedient.

(Just my 2 cents input)

3 hours ago, Navalator said:

No, a kid never deserves to be hit while at school.

If a teacher cannot refrain from hitting kids, then he should be out of the school.

48 minutes ago, richthai said:

Any way you look at it, hitting a student is wrong.  The teacher has many alternatives available for discipline.  The purpose of discipline is to help the student make a better choice in the future.  I'm sure the student was misbehaving, and possibly in a bad way, but you don't help a person develop good judgement by causing physical pain.

Hitting is a sign of a lazy teacher who is not willing to take time to develop his or her students.  It is already written into law that corporal punishment is an offense.   Hold the teacher and the school accountable.

So, if I read well, giving a criminal the capital punishment is wrong according to you.
The judge has many alternatives availabel for discipline.

After all, a crime is a crime.
"Talking in the class" now is not adhere to the rules that are written for EVERYBODY.
If the student don't follow the rules now, odd's are big that he will not follow the rules when he will grow up.
Why should I keep my speed down when I drive?
I don't follow the rules.

Why should I not beat the shit out of anybody?
I don't follow the rules.

If this kid is not punished in a deterrent way, why would you use a deterrent punishment when he will be grown up?

I was beat in school by the monks a few times (before the law was passed that teachers are not allowed to corporal punish students).
And later, in my Military Service, I was made to do things that made me puke.
But U did not die from it.

Edited by Confuscious
Adding

As a retired Principal, I will say there is NEVER a case for physical, emotional or any form of violence against a student, regardless of the incidence, unless self defence or defending another like the breaking up of a fight and  there is no other means available, I believe. If classroom management strategies are not working, then undertake PL and upgrade your skills. And, I am not saying this as a professional educator who was out of touch with inclass professionals. I would support my teaching staff, but never in a case of violence like this. There are many strategies available. Lucky, in this case the teacher is retiring as clearly he/she is definitely in need of it, as well as a criminal record.

3 hours ago, Navalator said:

Deserved it????? Something wrong with you???

Unacceptable behaviour by the teacher and the school. The parents are correct in filing an assault case with the Police hopefully a court case should sort this out. As the teacher is retiring soon, suggest he retires  NOW then it cannot happen again. 

1. The Plastic hard nuts on here haven't explained how they'll fare immediately after carrying out their fantasies....?

2. My suspicions are that the injuries could well have been inflicted by another (female?) child and the thrashing or whatever was administered by the teacher had nothing to do with the photo.

I usually refrain from speculating publicly but will be interested to see what tomorrow brings...

I know the teachers can be strict here and I don't know that I disagree with that considering in the states teachers are afraid of the student and the parent more so. But, this is a bonifide assault. The teacher needs to be charged accordingly and if found guilty pay the according penalty and lose his teaching credentials. There is nothing a little boy can do that would deserve such a lashing.  Very sad as this could seriously traumatized him for a long long time.

I don't think i would last very long in Thailand. Im glad i don't live there. Far too many people deserving of vigilante justice due to the lack of a decent police force.

Any man who lays a hand on my boy gets his face obliterated. 

A rough response ? Sure, but when the officials can't or won't deal with it then its down to dad to protect his own and make sure it doesn't happen again.

1 hour ago, krobert6 said:

Looks like someone has been playing this up - dipping finger in blood and smearing it on the shirt - two sides you know

So that makes child abuse by a teacher all OK, seems you're easily satisfied that assault is acceptable. 

You have no idea the level of abuse some kids give to teachers your little John is such a good little kid at home. Once in the class room he's a monster now that was In the UK here yes there are some kids who only want to be the big I am look at me but very few. What this teacher did was completely and utterly wrong on every level. Will be interesting to see the full story if it ever came out.

Oh John the little monster in the UK git his perch knocked away by a video one of the other kids took of him in full flight abusing a teacher,I made sure his parents saw it. He never did it again.

17 minutes ago, evadgib said:

1. The Plastic hard nuts on here haven't explained how they'll fare immediately after carrying out their fantasies....?

2. My suspicions are that the injuries could well have been inflicted by another (female?) child and the thrashing or whatever was administered by the teacher had nothing to do with the photo.

I usually refrain from speculating publicly but will be interested to see what tomorrow brings...

What will tomorrow bring, more of the same - cause nobody really cares as they are only kids and mean nothing to the likes of this excuse of a "teacher". 

4 hours ago, marginline said:

I would build a time machine, go back in time to just before the person who posed this question's parents met; and make sure they didn't meet. Thank you. :wai:

I also wanted to build a time machine but run out of time , can you give the TV members a heads up when yours will be ready? 

4 hours ago, z42 said:

It's a no brainer, with the cops' usefulness in issues like this being akin to the proverbial fart in a spacesuit; social media uploading in an attempt to make it go viral is the ONLY way any good will come of it, and even then there is still the risk of computer crimes violations and bogus defamation lawsuits being barreled around. Embarrassing really :facepalm:

farting in a space suit , can that be construed as jet propulsion...............................:cheesy:

3 hours ago, krobert6 said:

Well that would sent the right message eh ?  Geesh you probably have never hit someone in your life

I have never hit a child to the point they are bleeding. 

If a teacher does that, he is obviously not fit to be a teacher and does deserve a

beating. Yes, that will send the right message: discipline my kids but don't assault them.

I can tell you what a black-momma in America would do.  Without hesitation, she would put a woop-ass beating on that teacher that would never be forgotten. 

In Thailand, child abuse by teachers appears to be acceptable.

Remember you are an alien here, anything you do could bring retribution upon you and your child.