90 day online report after being abroad

Hi, I have done my 90 day day report online the last 4-5 times. But next month I'm going to Laos for a weeks holiday. How does it work when I'm coming back? Can I just continue doing it let's say 80 days after coming back to Thailand? Or will there be any problem with a new flight number and a new departure card number?

Quite the opposite.

A new entry makes sure that your passport nr. and departure card nr. will be entered in the database.

Flight nr. is not mandatory for online report anyway (leave empty).

The due date for the report is the 90th day incl. day of entry (add 89 days).

The online report has the usual window of 15 days before (and incl.) due date until 7 days before.

So 80 days after entry would be OK.

Currently online report seems down again. Oh no!

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Quite the opposite.

A new entry makes sure that your passport nr. and departure card nr. will be entered in the database.

Flight nr. is not mandatory for online report anyway (leave empty).

The due date for the report is the 90th day incl. day of entry (add 89 days).

The online report has the usual window of 15 days before (and incl.) due date until 7 days before.

So 80 days after entry would be OK.

Currently online report seems down again. Oh no!

The online report program is not down, but deliberately made unavailable, for whatever unfathomable reason, guaranteed.

• Like 1

No idea what you want so say.

Currently (just retried) the site can not be used (... navigation cancelled).

That's what I mean with "down".

This happened a couple of times already.

Sometimes it took days to come back, sometimes hours.

Deliberately? Do you have any insider information?

What do you worry about? The 90 days start again when you enter the country. Your previous stay doesnt count.

You just report after 90 days (or within 7 days after that.

A mistake many people make.

Edited by sniffdog
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, NativeSon360 said:

The online report program is not down, but deliberately made unavailable, for whatever unfathomable reason, guaranteed.

The immigration's  extranet is down which means all sites on it are not working.  The site for hotels to report guests  is also not working. Do you think they would deliberately take it down other than for maintenance.

i think you have got it wrong. well i know you have, before you leave the country you need to buy a one or a multiple re-entry permit if you don't have this you will lose your visa and when you come back you will only get a tourist visa if you buy the multiple re-etry you can leave the country as much as like . put when you come back you must report to to your immigration where you live to check in and start your 90 days again  i know this is right as have to do all time hope this is some help to you good luck

1 minute ago, john s s said:

. put when you come back you must report to to your immigration where you live to check in and start your 90 days again  i know this is right as have to do all time hope this is some help to you good luck

what a load of waffle.

4 minutes ago, john s s said:

w

obviously you never leave the country try it with out one

I fly in and out of Thailand approx once every 3 months give or take. never has it been a requirement to check in to my local immigration upon my return.

Edited by Don Mega

1 hour ago, john s s said:

i think you have got it wrong. well i know you have, before you leave the country you need to buy a one or a multiple re-entry permit if you don't have this you will lose your visa and when you come back you will only get a tourist visa if you buy the multiple re-etry you can leave the country as much as like . put when you come back you must report to to your immigration where you live to check in and start your 90 days again  i know this is right as have to do all time hope this is some help to you good luck

I have a re-entry permit. But that was not the question. It was about continuing to do on-line reporting when I come back.........and what have I got wrong? I asked a question!!

Edited by bangkoklasse

23 hours ago, sniffdog said:

What do you worry about? The 90 days start again when you enter the country. Your previous stay doesnt count.

You just report after 90 days (or within 7 days after that.

A mistake many people make.

I know that I can do my reporting 15 days before or 7 days after my date. But that was not the question. I asked if I can continue to do my on-line reporting without any problem when I come back and have a new number on my departure card, and a new arrival date ....

42 minutes ago, bangkoklasse said:

I have a re-entry permit. But that was not the question. It was about continuing to do on-line reporting when I come back.........and what have I got wrong? I asked a question!!

Your 90 day clock resets to zero or day 1 if you like. Basically you need to report 89 days after re-entering. 

41 minutes ago, bangkoklasse said:

I know that I can do my reporting 15 days before or 7 days after my date. But that was not the question. I asked if I can continue to do my on-line reporting without any problem when I come back and have a new number on my departure card, and a new arrival date ....

Carry on as before. Nothing changes.

the answer is .........................yes --- as long as the on line reporting is working.

the 90 days starts from the date you return , that is day 1.

It doesnt matter when your current 90 day report is due................just report on or before or within 7 days after the day that you return if the on line isnt working .

Edited by novo58

1 hour ago, bangkoklasse said:

You can do the online report again. You will need to put your new entry date and arrival/departure card number on the report.

3 minutes ago, novo58 said:

the answer is .........................yes --- as long as the on line reporting is working.

the 90 days starts from the date you return , that is day 1.

It does matter when your current 90 day report is due................just report on or before or within 7 days after the day that you return. 

You can't report on the date or 7 days after with on-line reporting

1 minute ago, bangkoklasse said:

89 days after re-entering is too late when asking about on-line reporting

on the online reporting website "Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification."

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do the online report again. You will need to put your new entry date and arrival/departure card number on the report.

Hi Ubonjoe

You are the expert to Nr 1 on these matters and I thank for your many contributions to TVF

Question :

I still go in person to Immigration for '90 days' report / I want to try next time to do it online...will I get a receipt from Immigration?

10 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Hi Ubonjoe

You are the expert to Nr 1 on these matters and I thank for your many contributions to TVF

Question :

I still go in person to Immigration for '90 days' report / I want to try next time to do it online...will I get a receipt from Immigration?

After you do your report online your report will be pending approval. After you get the approval notice you will need to go back online to check the status of your application and then you can print the receipt.

I once succeeded in doing an online report so I do know how to do it.. The last 4 times I have tried it just told me to go to my nearest immigration office. As far as I am concerned and I think I speak for the vast majority of those that have tried it the system/programming is just not good enough which is a shame and a not so good reflection on those responsible. Having said that TIT where no one takes responsibility for anything. 

Been there done that. even using IE it just doesn't work for me. Just the fact that it is browser sensitive kinda shows it ain't a very sophisticated set up. It surely can't be rocket science to set up a system where you send your details to an office and have them reviewed and confirmed as being the same as previously. How difficult is that.

It would be much simpler if we could just email the immigration service with our current address so they have it on file. All we do now when we attend in person is write it on a bit of paper but to do that we need to stand in line for hours. Seems crazy.

You only have to see the number of people queuing up to do their report to know that the online system just isn't functioning as it should. If it was no one would need to go to the offices.

Edited by somo

Make sure you get a re-entry permit from immigration BEFORE you leave or when you go you will leave your visa status behind and have to start again from scratch.  Re-entry permit can be single (2000 baht) or multiple (4000 baht) entry valid for 12 months from date of issue.  Photo required, application form TM8 can be downloaded and completed beforehand.

Your 90 day count restarts the day you re-enter Thailand, just calculate it yourself.  Usual 90 day report procedures apply.

In person  from 15 days before until 7 days after the deadline at any immigration office.  Probably have to arrive early and queue for a long time. Also probably will be required to fill in one of their new spy forms giving all your contact details including social media accounts in addition to the usual TM47 form (which can be downloaded and completed beforehand to save a bit of time). Shouldn't need to pay anything or bring a photo but should be prepared for anything.

Online at http://extranet.immigration.go.th from 15 days before until 7 days BEFORE deadline. System only works on Internet Explorer and produces a security warning, so use it at your own risk (virus definitions up to date?). Requires entering only basic info. even flight number is not required (although there is a field to enter it if you like) and no  Facebook etc.  System is unreliable so keep trying.  When it's not working you will be given some kind of vague error message after completing the first screen.  If you're taken to a second screen where you are asked for your visa details then it's working. You might have to try every day for a week, but eventually it will work.  Once completed your "application" will be listed as pending, check back over the next few days to get confirmation.  Once it's confirmed print out the receipt, which includes your next 90 day deadline, and keep it in your passport.

Today (29-08-2016) online site is completely unreachable, keep trying.  Success has been reported even after 7 days before the deadline, just keep trying...