Consequences of not paying monthly payments for scooter

RC8

My ex has fallen behind with her scooter payments. She says the police will take her if she does not pay.

1) what happens if you fail to make payments on a scooter?

2) is it possible to transfer ownership to me or a thai friend and I take over payments?

Thanks

David

1) Bye Bye Scooter (the police won't take her :rolleyes:) She will loose her credit rating, if she ever had one and maybe have to come to some agreement with the finance company to monthly pay off some of the money still owing to the finance company after the bike is sold.

2) it is possible for someone else to take over the payments. Though it might be cheaper (for you) to let this one go and buy a secondhand one with cash.

I would imagine the scooter could be sold transferred etc. It would involve buyer and seller going to the credit provider together. So long as the credit provider gets what they are owed. They would probably be happy to get a possible defalter off the books. It would only work if the sellers has some equity.

"My ex"

Umm let her ger on with it then. Usually 3 months is about it for non payments then seized. Yep you could/maybe take over payments but has to be to the agreement of the financier, often a guava cannot do this but sometimes yes (depends on your situation) but again why would you RE: Ex Gf ?

Wise choice RC8. Don't let someone, especially EX girlfriend, drive something that is in your name. tifino already posted a couple good reasons as to why. Do yourself a favor and get this one out of your head. Otherwise it most likely wont be the last story you'll hear from her.

Not to be too nonchalant, but it seems to be a fairly common event. I seem to remember one young guy boasting that he'd had half a dozen motorcycles seized over the years ... he had an alcohol problem and every time he dried out for any length to time and resumed normal life, he'd manage to get another one, somehow. 

Maybe the relatively high number of defaults is why financing a motorcycle seems so expensive. 

Archived