Photos Of Big C Market at Pantip Plaza Night Baazar

Lizard2010

I returned today to buy more supplies

So i thought i would take a few Photos as requested by some of the forum membres

im not into taking Photos

It is stocked with most items

It is impossible at the moment to provide everything

It meets my requirements plus some of my friends who have been there

20160829_110719.jpg

20160829_111453.jpg

20160829_111503.jpg

20160829_111820.jpg

20160829_110702.jpg

Pantip Plaza,is owned by the same company that now owns Big C,

so common sense really to open up a Big C there when there was

empty space,and will hopefully bring more foot traffic to the Mall.

regards Worgeordie

I certainly needed to see actual unretouched photos of the supermarket chain I know so well to fully appreciate that this was not some hoax like landing on the moon or Elvis dying in 1973. 

Although the spacing of the aisles in the second photo looks a little suspicious to me, I will, for now, give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's authentic. 

However, in the third photo, it does look like the person in black is actually a lizard. 

5 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

I certainly needed to see actual unretouched photos of the supermarket chain I know so well to fully appreciate that this was not some hoax like landing on the moon or Elvis dying in 1973. 

Although the spacing of the aisles in the second photo looks a little suspicious to me, I will, for now, give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's authentic. 

However, in the third photo, it does look like the person in black is actually a lizard. 

First of all i Take offence at your accusation about my Photographs

You have not been to the big C

So you can not comment

These were taken by me this morning with my phone

They have not been retouched

Only Resized to upload

I would suggest you retract your statement

Plus go to the Big C

i will leave this up to the moderators to decide what to do with your post

48 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

39 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

So you can not comment

Only Resized to upload

Plus go to the Big C

:cheesy:

Blimey! All this fuss about a new mini mart? Theres supermarkets and mini marts all over Chiang Mai already arent there? I ve only been here a short time and believe it or not, I ve found quite a few . Think a few need to get out a bit.

2 hours ago, EL159 said:

Blimey! All this fuss about a new mini mart? Theres supermarkets and mini marts all over Chiang Mai already arent there? I ve only been here a short time and believe it or not, I ve found quite a few . Think a few need to get out a bit.

Think you need to realise that not everybody lives where you do or has transport.

2 hours ago, EL159 said:

Really? You know where I live?  Are you a mind reader?

Not anywhere near Panthip if you think there are "supermarkets and minimarts all over".

There is an overpriced Rimping the other side of the river and that's it.

Maybe if you'd been in Chiang Mai longer you'd know that.

19 hours ago, EL159 said:

It's not a mini mart it's a proper supermarket and except for Rimping across the river there are NONE in the area at all so it's highly welcomed.

As another commenter said maybe if you'd lived in Chiang Mai for longer than 5 minutes you might get that.

Yes

I agree i should know

I actualy do live just down the road from it

Others just comment on what they think they know

They actually know nothing

Unless they have been their

Plus it is located on the Northern end of the building with outside access

From 9 Am till 11 Pm

I hope this helps people who actually want to visit the new Big C Store

19 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

Arguing about supermarkets now. I've said it once and I'll say it again... good grief!

It's not an argument when someone is clearly talking out of their hat.

Everyone else seems to think it's a good thing, myself included.

37 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Too many supermarket are never enough.Competition keeps every one on their toes

Certainly going to keep Rimping on its toes, it's had no competition at all in that area.

I can't imagine they're best pleased!

Might put a dent in the 7/11's a bit too.

:D

OP

Thanks for info and pics.  That place was getting depressing.  It's hard to keep up with this town, try as i might.  And next time I do some computer business of some sort, I'll be able to kill two birds with one stone; you've widened my mental map of town.

4 hours ago, Chicog said:

Certainly going to keep Rimping on its toes, it's had no competition at all in that area.

I can't imagine they're best pleased!

Might put a dent in the 7/11's a bit too.

:D

I agree, it was a long way from the moat to any decent supermarket. Now there's one right in the night market, now of course a few more will spring up in the same area soon.

3 hours ago, piewarmer said:

I agree, it was a long way from the moat to any decent supermarket. Now there's one right in the night market, now of course a few more will spring up in the same area soon.

The night Bazaar is too expensive for anything bigger than a 7/11 so I very much doubt if supermarkets spring up in that area. I suppose the rear section of the mall that McD and Dukes is in is an option, but they want high rents, as will probably be true of the newly being renovated mall in the middle of the Night Bazaar (in front of D2 hotel).  Rimping will still be my store of choice.

8 hours ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

The night Bazaar is too expensive for anything bigger than a 7/11 so I very much doubt if supermarkets spring up in that area. I suppose the rear section of the mall that McD and Dukes is in is an option, but they want high rents, as will probably be true of the newly being renovated mall in the middle of the Night Bazaar (in front of D2 hotel).  Rimping will still be my store of choice.

I think there's room for both. Rimping is more expensive for most things, but has a better selection of goods imported from east and west.

Just took a run by there last evening. Looks like I'll still be heading to Big C on the super highway and to Rimping unless the coverage picks up soon. Pretty minimal assortment of things at the moment. Of course, since it is a new store that is expected.

David

On 29/08/2016 at 11:46 AM, Lizard2010 said:

So you can not comment

Only Resized to upload

Plus go to the Big C

warning... sense of humour failure... :w00t: