Loan In Uk Whilst In Thailand

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I am hoping someone on this forum might have some information to help us with a little problem we are having. We are currently living in Thailand, due to my husband's work. We have just agreed to extend our stay for another year. In the meantime we are still owning a property in England. For the last 2 yrs we have been in the process of renewing the leasehold, together with a group of other flat owners from our building. The freeholder wants £15000 per flat, which is plain silly, but probably what we'll end up paying. Here is the problem: we did not expect it to be quite as much. We have saved some money, but not enough to cover all the costs. We will need to take out a loan, but as we are currently not UK residents, and only my husband is in employment, this proves to be quite hard. Does anyone know of any respectable(!!!) loan companies in the UK that lend money to people who live abroad but own property in the UK? We both still have UK bank accounts.

Thank you for any information you might have!

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I am hoping someone on this forum might have some information to help us with a little problem we are having. We are currently living in Thailand, due to my husband's work. We have just agreed to extend our stay for another year. In the meantime we are still owning a property in England. For the last 2 yrs we have been in the process of renewing the leasehold, together with a group of other flat owners from our building. The freeholder wants £15000 per flat, which is plain silly, but probably what we'll end up paying. Here is the problem: we did not expect it to be quite as much. We have saved some money, but not enough to cover all the costs. We will need to take out a loan, but as we are currently not UK residents, and only my husband is in employment, this proves to be quite hard. Does anyone know of any respectable(!!!) loan companies in the UK that lend money to people who live abroad but own property in the UK? We both still have UK bank accounts.

Thank you for any information you might have!

Suggest you approach your UK bank(s) and if there is sufficient equity in the property secure it against that.

I am living in Thailand and recently had no problem in remortaging my propery through BOS .

I suggest you contact a mortage broker who will handle it all for you

Absolutely, sometimes, in order to confirm your identity, the comany will insist on calling you at a registered uk phone number. I have used SkypeIn numbers in the past to confirm identity (I can't be in the UK all the time!)

There should be no problem getting a loan so long as you still have an address (property) and bank account in the UK