New Laws

The new law coming from bangkok, and coming into force on the 1st of jan. is really pathetic ??? having 400,000 or 800,000 baht in your account for your yearly visa is now being stopped... YES BEING STOPPED... it makes no difference if you have millions of baht in your account... you now have to prove you have an income of 40,000 baht a month and you have to pay tax on this at your local amphur... otherwise you have to prove you have a pension coming from abroad each month for at least the same amount... I live with my thai wife over here and have been doing so for the last 2 years... we have a nice home and have 500 chickens for a small income doing eggs.. i am retired here at 54 years old and i have 4 million baht in my account here... I WAS SIMPLY TOLD to buy a business for my wife and get an income of 40,000 baht a month and pay tax on it.............. otherwise i will only be allowed to stay in thailand for a further 7 days when my YEARLY MARRIAGE VISA RUNS OUT.... what a pathetic new rule... ferangs cannot own land, cannot work and now cannot even retire here and have a quiet life...... I think 98% of ferangs are going to come across the same problem... wonder what the thai economy will be like when we are all gone ?????

The new law coming from bangkok, and coming into force on the 1st of jan. is really pathetic ??? having 400,000 or 800,000 baht in your account for your yearly visa is now being stopped... YES BEING STOPPED... it makes no difference if you have millions of baht in your account... you now have to prove you have an income of 40,000 baht a month and you have to pay tax on this at your local amphur... otherwise you have to prove you have a pension coming from abroad each month for at least the same amount... I live with my thai wife over here and have been doing so for the last 2 years... we have a nice home and have 500 chickens for a small income doing eggs.. i am retired here at 54 years old and i have 4 million baht in my account here... I WAS SIMPLY TOLD to buy a business for my wife and get an income of 40,000 baht a month and pay tax on it.............. otherwise i will only be allowed to stay in thailand for a further 7 days when my YEARLY MARRIAGE VISA RUNS OUT.... what a pathetic new rule... ferangs cannot own land, cannot work and now cannot even retire here and have a quiet life...... I think 98% of ferangs are going to come across the same problem... wonder what the thai economy will be like when we are all gone ?????

You are qualified via your 4 million in a bank and age for a retirement visa. Why don't you simply change from the marriage visa to a retirement extension?

You are qualified via your 4 million in a bank and age for a retirement visa. Why don't you simply change from the marriage visa to a retirement extension?

If this new rule comes into force on 1st Jan why would it affect you now, or is this just a troll

Well, that bradford fella starts this here so called "new law" topic over in the farming forum.........probably figgered we was a bunch of country bumpkins and he could pull the wool over our eyes cause we ain't got know saavy.....but I guess we surprised him.....that Ramdom Chances is one clever cowboy and it only took him 4 hour and 7 seconds to figure that it warn't no farming talk 'tall and kicked it plum outa there pronto....we seen lots a wool b'fore and you ain't gettin that stuff over'n our eyes mister city fella bradford and we got lots of saavy too!!!

Chownah

What about for the ones who are working outside Thailand and sending money in? My wife and my son are in thailand (both thai) and of course I have to have a non-O visa to stay with them sometimes during holidays. We have lots of things in thailand now, my wife's shophouse, our house, our condo, my 2 cars, and my son is studying. But if the new rule will keep me out of thailand then my wife would rather stay with me in the country where I work. And if I cannot stay there to support my family I'd better sell everything we have and move to my home country. Is this really what the thai government wants us to do? I hope breaking a family is not their intention.

I agree to many rumours I am on Retirement Visa and in my third year all I provide is a letter of Guarantee for my Pension from the British Consulate Bkk.

Any speculation on Visas or changes would be here on this site

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php (Ministry of the Interior)

or here where you can subscribe for emails British Consulate

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1068717503700