20-year plan is 'foundation and pillars' for democracy: PM Prayut

webfact

1 hour ago, smedly said:

silence opponents lol

when an elected government is openly taking the country down the shitter I call that a just cause as has happened many times over, instructing the police to stay away while there is murder on the streets including children, the formation of red army training camps, threat of dividing the country and forming a new capital in the north - it really could not have gotten much worse and all for one mans face saving drive to exhonorate himself and wipe his convictions under the carpet in the name of ..... what ? justice lol - I say in the name of extreme evil of the worst kind - retribution and revenge

I do admit there are parallels between Thaksin and the Royal Thai Military regimes.

Doesn't make either one right or democratic. Albeit the electorate could rid themselves of Thaksin but not Prayut.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

can't wait to see this massive revolution your going to lead that you keep going on about, did you have a dream last night, have you sought professional help..........up the (one man) revolution......on pluto perhaps 

I don't think it is as imminent as he predicts. I hope that it is not as bloody. I think however that if the franchise remains effectively removed, either because the election is continuously postponed, or if it (the election result) is overturned then yes there will be a rebellion.  Either that or a plain old fashioned repressive military regime, along the lines of Burma in the last few decades will have to be imposed. That will lead to the result Plutojames predicts.

Edited by JAG

4 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

seems to be implying that they will stay in power for at least 20 years? Which is the only way this 20 year plan would be fully implemented. Obviously they are fairly confident that they will get the majority of 'votes' for the next 20 years! ;)

Hiztory already shows who "governs" Thailand, search for thailand coups since 1932, you will see the military stands over any "elected" government.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

but that's just it - it won't

what is going on here now has never happened before, have they learned something from the past - just maybe

Just what is going on now, that hasn't gone on before.

"there are no houses built without pillars. We need to have the foundation too."

Yes, but its the people that are the pillars, the foundations are already in place, the country. But how can one make a 20 year plan when the pillars(people) are constantly in motion, changeable like the weather. Society cannot be set in stone as it is an ever moving mass and just a single event can send your well planned 20 year roadmap into chaos. The country cannot be contained like a butterfly in a jar, therefore plans cannot be made rigid and unbending,  your plans must be extremely flexible otherwise they "break". Society is changing so fast that your threats and intimidation will not deter the younger generation rebelling against authority as is already happening. You are not dealing with a bunch of soldiers but a collection of free thinking people who are both unpredictable and unstable, everyone is chasing money these days, so you and your silly roadmap will fall by the wayside sooner or later. I'm sure that your fortune teller has warned you that your days are numbered, heed his advice and go.

4 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

seems to be implying that they will stay in power for at least 20 years? Which is the only way this 20 year plan would be fully implemented. Obviously they are fairly confident that they will get the majority of 'votes' for the next 20 years! ;)

Votes?  They don't need no stinking votes.  :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

35 minutes ago, Rorri said:

What's going on now is what has been going on in similar junta governments for decades, there is nothing new. The people accept it because they've been educated and trained to be docile.

It's all a familiar story, except in the minds of a few unintelligent and unquestioning gullibles.

Winnie

39 minutes ago, Rorri said:

What's going on now is what has been going on in similar junta governments for decades, there is nothing new. The people accept it because they've been educated and trained to be docile.

It's all a familiar story, except in the minds of a few unintelligent and unquestioning folk who believe (apparently) that their own security is enhanced by their being willing gullibles.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Build democracy to international standards under his plan? Might be doable if you look at how the rest of the world is evolving. Yes folks down the road somewhere we have a date with democracy. When I look at the rest of the world the dear general seems to get less scary. Oh well the grim reaper will be paying me a visit long before then. I will leave my heavenly email address behind so you can keep me informed of the "progress" I in return will send back the best wishes of all the good TV members who have gone on before. Yes dear general have a national democracy day. People love a holiday regardless of what it celebrates. 

Edited by elgordo38

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that the country's problems have accumulated over a long time and his government was focusing on tackling political problems, particularly involving conflict. "We all know well what the problem is, and its cause, but we can't work together due to a lack of unity," he said.

so many half-truths from the country's "PM" who knows nothing about democracy... 

Problems have accumulated over a long time, ... well yes, and the Generals are at the heart of that process of "problem accumulation" ... from Phibun to Sarit to Prem to Prayuth, ... 

And yes, we all know what the problem is - and its cause - and if we were really unified and could tackle the problem, then generals like this moron would be shaking in their boots... or seeking asylum in China. 

4 hours ago, phycokiller said:

the root of the problem isnt corruption, most Thais think its a good thing anyway. the problem is lack of education. its pointless trying to make Thailand, or any country, a democracy without having a population that has at least a vague clue what they are voting for. the west should forget about forcing Thailand to be a democracy and intervene in their education system. democracy will come naturally when people are educated enough to understand what its about

even in the west democracy is barely working because large parts of the population live in tinfoil hat land and believe whatever the man tells them to believe if he talks to them like 5 year olds

Many would argue that the corruption problem is at least partially a consequence of the education problem. Personally I believe that to be true.

30 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

so many half-truths from the country's "PM" who knows nothing about democracy... 

Problems have accumulated over a long time, ... well yes, and the Generals are at the heart of that process of "problem accumulation" ... from Phibun to Sarit to Prem to Prayuth, ... 

And yes, we all know what the problem is - and its cause - and if we were really unified and could tackle the problem, then generals like this moron would be shaking in their boots... or seeking asylum in China. 

All in good time. The idiot is still useful for a while...

Winnie

If I am reading this correctly, Thailand "may" be ready for democracy in about 20 years.  Whom, might I ask is the best person to lead Thailand while She struggles to prepare Herself for democracy once again?  Let me think.  Give me just a moment...  :D

Since it seems his version of democracy is him and all his unelected appointees doing and getting whatever they want, I'm going to have to agree with him on this one. 20 years of Chan-o-chocracy. Hope you enjoy being along for the ride. You haven't got any choice anyway.

18 minutes ago, NativeSon360 said:

Prayuth would best serve the Thai people (in my considered opinion) by simply retaining an open military “dictatorship”, at least for the next 10-years, while (step-by-yearly-step) implementing those same strategic plans, via his own constituent, and loyal administration.

IMHO, Prayuth and the other riders in the clown car would best serve the Thai people by not serving the Thai people.    

But then he isn't really even trying to serve "the Thai people", is he?

1 hour ago, NativeSon360 said:

“General Prayut said he expected that the new government to be formed after the next election would follow the strategic plan laid out by his administration, although it was unlikely to be implemented in its entirety.”

Ditto! And, it is for that exact reason why I previously stated, on a different platform, that PM Prayuth should  <STOP>  being the unappreciated “Mr. Nice Guy”, by trying to “democratize” Thailand,  the American-Way;  an effort in total futility.

Prayuth would best serve the Thai people (in my considered opinion) by simply retaining an open military “dictatorship”, at least for the next 10-years, while (step-by-yearly-step) implementing those same strategic plans, via his own constituent, and loyal administration.

By practicing that stern strategic focus, the present administration would be mentoring-in, a new and completely different generation of democratized politicians, the “Thai-Way “, instead.

Fully agree, Sanctions would be a problem though. so I doubt it would happen. Sanctions wouldn't be a problem for the average Thai but Prayuth's bosses would not take at all kindly to having their snouts ripped out of the trough the army made for them over decades of unseating properly elected governments.

Tell me though, because I forget. Who's the boss of the armed forces again?

Winnie

22 minutes ago, Winniedapu said:

Fully agree, Sanctions would be a problem though. so I doubt it would happen. Sanctions wouldn't be a problem for the average Thai but Prayuth's bosses would not take at all kindly to having their snouts ripped out of the trough the army made for them over decades of unseating properly elected governments.

Tell me though, because I forget. Who's the boss of the armed forces again?

Winnie

I have no clue of whomever the Thai- PM's or even the Oval Office occupant's bosses might be. If you ever figure it out, best you "safely" keep it to yourself. :whistling: Cheers!

Edited by NativeSon360

All you farang (from your own countries) "knowledgeable" Prayuth detractors on the forum, should kindly give the Prayuth constituency a round of applause.  Much unlike his PM predecessors, who were all talk, the Prayuth regime actually produces substantial "products" for the Thai people, and that's according to the (rank and file) Thai citizens, themselves. End of story:coffee1:

Edited by NativeSon360

19 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Look to not so distant countries such as Singapore which has thrived and grown extensively, why? because they saw that the root of all their problems was corruption which they systematically stamped out without a care for the bellowing of other nations about how they were doing it. These nations now hold Singapore up on a plinth as a beacon for themselves to aspire to unfortunately they don't have the strength to carry out the necessary actions to get the deeds done

Singapore had the benefit of having experienced British Colonialism. It is also a tiny city state not comparable to Thailand.

1 hour ago, NativeSon360 said:

All you farang (from your own countries) "knowledgeable" Prayuth detractors on the forum, should kindly give the Prayuth constituency a round of applause.  Much unlike his PM predecessors, who were all talk, the Prayuth regime actually produces substantial "products" for the Thai people, and that's according to the (rank and file) Thai citizens, themselves. End of story:coffee1:

A barely literate stream of consciousness asserting nothing in a complicated way but ignoring the plight of millions and the reality of a stultifying regime.

Thailand has always had a democracy bought and sold by the wealthy oligarchs purely for the benefit of wealthy oligarchs. As such it is exactly the same as any western democracy, so not really sure what they could change to aspire to be the same. Better PR perhaps?

Democracy's only advantage is that it is usually a soft form of control with the population under the delusion of choice, as opposed to the iron fist control of totalitarianism. Certainly a better option, but not what most believe it is.

On 9/2/2016 at 9:52 AM, AlQaholic said:

I think there was a brief period of democracy just after the WWII, mebe a few months or so.....

The Prime Minister of Thailand........

"Prayut has stated publicly that he consults a fortune teller, Warin Buawiratlert, regularly. He said there was no harm in seeking advice. When suffering from fever and aches early in his premiership, he blamed his ills on spells cast by his political enemies and combated the malady with holy water.

According to the Bangkok Post, Prayut has a collection of lucky rings which he varies daily in accordance with that day's activities. He also wears an elephant hair bracelet to ward off bad luck."

If you're trying to say that he's a fool, I don't think anyone but the junta-huggers on TV would disagree. That Thais have accepted for a Prime Minister a fool masquerading as a politician speaks volumes about Thais and their politicians. But my views on this man are well known.

Winnie

12 hours ago, NativeSon360 said:

So it shouldn't be too hard to name any 3 things then... but please, not the fake lottery prices 'clampdown', the fake deck chairs on the beaches 'clampdown', the ridiculous bike lanes or the free haircuts, because any of those jokes would be too cruel for those who have been searching desperately for anything but talk from this fellow.

Go ahead... I'm all ears.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

13 hours ago, NativeSon360 said:

Somebody has been drinking a lot...

koolaid.jpg