australia - can get multi entry or only single entry for thai gf

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Not at all I just get on here when I am bored in thailand, not like you that lives on here .

A classic symptom of a deficient education.

(sorry it took so long to reply but I was out enjoying my life in Thailand).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

A classic symptom of a deficient education.

(sorry it took so long to reply but I was out enjoying my life in Thailand).

Get back on to what this threads about not me .

can not understand why people like you get off on trying to change it to something else.

would be because you not happy with your  life in thailand I think.

1 hour ago, manfredtillmann said:

my mother often said:" only stupid people get bored", how right she was.

... and you are one, truly fitting that definition, georgie boy.

Ok up to you , but I am not going to say what I think of someone like you that comes  here to thailand for the haire Losso . 

And if your mother thinks like that then she has you her son that is so bored in his life that all he can do all day is get on TV and read some of the s??? That comes out of people's mouths.

looks like you never took your mums advice.

so you are the ????d one .

38 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Ok up to you , but I am not going to say what I think of someone like you that comes  here to thailand for the haire Losso . 

And if your mother thinks like that then she has you her son that is so bored in his life that all he can do all day is get on TV and read some of the s??? That comes out of people's mouths.

looks like you never took your mums advice.

so you are the ????d one .

hello, someone med , can you please take care of this?

On 05/09/2016 at 4:25 PM, manfredtillmann said:

of course it does. vfs and the australian consulate are staffed by thais who fear and worship authority, money and connections.

unlike australia - once you live there - who worship parasites, bludgers and leaches.

Obviously not a dinkum aussie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Get back on to what this threads about not me .

can not understand why people like you get off on trying to change it to something else.

would be because you not happy with your  life in thailand I think.

Not me Georgie boy.

Extreme happiness in Thailand is a more accurate assessment - but that would be beyond you.

You appear to have made this thread about you.

Attention seeking - another symptom of boredom.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, manfredtillmann said:

we always succeeded, my wife has been in autralia as my girlfriend several times.

the process of getting a visa for oz, while cumbersome, turned out a lot easier than getting one for germany. but each one was single entry. i try not to use an agent, no matter what i do. i don't like skimmers.

cheers

mft

I don't know what's going on.They seemed to have clamped down on visas for GF's recently. The concerns are whether the GF has adequate financial support while in Australia, and also if they are a risk of overstaying. More later.

Edited by bazza40
space bar not working

This thread is an excellent example of how threads get derailed by children bickering. There are forums for having a stir like pub forum. 

The post from the op was a serious post and some of us tried to give useful info. Others just aim to derail and make the thread a game. Sad really as its not just the op. Many view and then leave thread alone as its corrupted by soft d####

37 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Was for 64 years but not sure now

acknowledged and liked  your 'not sure' admission. BUT, who is a 'fair dinkum' aussie, anyway?

if you are white skinned, you do not qualify.

if you are black skinned, you are really - and' yes, i know they seem to think different, just as much a foreigner,  no matter how indigenous  you think you are.

no one lived there 50000 years ago ( or so), other than a few unique animals.

all of us aussies walked in from somewhere...

30 minutes ago, manfredtillmann said:

acknowledged and liked  your 'not sure' admission. BUT, who is a 'fair dinkum' aussie, anyway?

if you are black skinned, you are really - and' yes, i know they seem to think different, just as much a foreigner,  no matter how indigenous  you think you are.

Off topic reply removed

Edited by GreasyFingers
off topic reply

1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

You misunderstand the meaning of a 'dinkum aussie'. As for the others you mentioned they say they lived there for 50000 years and never even invented the wheel.

i did not misunderstand. perhaps not inventing the wheel made the ones who have been there the longest a much better culture then the crap who is running the country now? the 'wheel' has brought nothing but destruction.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Not me Georgie boy.

Extreme happiness in Thailand is a more accurate assessment - but that would be beyond you.

You appear to have made this thread about you.

Attention seeking - another symptom of boredom.

More post for the unhappy man that came to thailand to get on TV 5,900 time if you call that a life you can have it .

1 hour ago, manfredtillmann said:

Not me I was born there .

11 hours ago, bazza40 said:

I don't know what's going on.They seemed to have clamped down on visas for GF's recently. The concerns are whether the GF has adequate financial support while in Australia, and also if they are a risk of overstaying. More later.

50% correct. After successfully obtaining 6 out of 7 visa applications including three multi entries, I can tell you that the financial support issue is well down the list of embassy concerns. Particularly as the embassy is well aware that (most) Aussie guys, especially the more mature type that travel to Thailand with the intention of finding a Thai wife, are financially established and fully capable of supporting their partner whilst she is in Australia.  

The first criteria they look at are the applicant's familial and social ties back to Thailand. It is these ties that will ultimately compel most girls who may be contemplating overstaying their visa to return to Thailand within their visa conditions and the embassy know this from decades of experience and data analysis.  

If your girlfriend has a child/children and tangible family ties, coupled with a job or property ownership, she will usually be granted a single entry first up. She may then get one or two more before they will grant a multi-entry. If she is childless, cannot prove her employment status (i.e. a bargirl) and has remote family ties (i.e. she lives in Pattaya whilst her extended family live in Khon Kaen) then of course, you’re going to have to work very hard to convince the embassy authorities to grant her even a single entry visa.

All of this will be done before they look too hard at your own finances.  

7 hours ago, Wasa said:

50% correct. After successfully obtaining 6 out of 7 visa applications including three multi entries, I can tell you that the financial support issue is well down the list of embassy concerns. Particularly as the embassy is well aware that (most) Aussie guys, especially the more mature type that travel to Thailand with the intention of finding a Thai wife, are financially established and fully capable of supporting their partner whilst she is in Australia.  

The first criteria they look at are the applicant's familial and social ties back to Thailand. It is these ties that will ultimately compel most girls who may be contemplating overstaying their visa to return to Thailand within their visa conditions and the embassy know this from decades of experience and data analysis.  

If your girlfriend has a child/children and tangible family ties, coupled with a job or property ownership, she will usually be granted a single entry first up. She may then get one or two more before they will grant a multi-entry. If she is childless, cannot prove her employment status (i.e. a bargirl) and has remote family ties (i.e. she lives in Pattaya whilst her extended family live in Khon Kaen) then of course, you’re going to have to work very hard to convince the embassy authorities to grant her even a single entry visa.

All of this will be done before they look too hard at your own finances.  

So if my GF has a child or more,  a home and a job nearby but not in a bar and she has strong family ties, getting the visa is going to be easy? My GF fits some of those criteria but not all, I've been thinking of taking her home to meet the extended family and just might do that given your advice and experience

5 minutes ago, ageless1 said:

So if my GF has a child or more,  a home and a job nearby but not in a bar and she has strong family ties, getting the visa is going to be easy? My GF fits some of those criteria but not all, I've been thinking of taking her home to meet the extended family and just might do that given your advice and experience

I have done that visas 3 times and did not need those things .

you just need a letter from her boss saying she will come back to work in thailand,  in my case I told my partner to do the letter for her mum and tell them you will come back and work on mums farm .

and a letter of  sponsorship from you , that is it , and photos of the two of you together and a letter from your thai and one from you telling them how long you have been together.

and you will get it you can show her bank book it can't have little money in it not a lot like 5,000 bht .

and you most show you have income and Money in your Australia bank.

pm me if you need to know more and don't pay those  agencies one bht ok load of  wasted money .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Inyourendo said:

What's it like these days to get visit visa, or longer,  for missus, but not married missus ?

Two kids, both oz citizens, 18 years together, previous residency in oz some 13 or more years ago.

Might go back for visit. 

You will get it very easy but you will not get more then 3 months.

Are you a Australia citizen?.

you just need to do it right as I was saying above.

but you will need to show money in a bank to  support yourself in Australia.

and your missus .

Some advice above is rubbish. As I have posted earlier, there is an excellent web site that guides you through the whole process. As for using an agent, unless your Thai partner has some " special issues" such as criminal record etc then certainly an agent is not required. As has been pointed out by some members the compelling reason to return is important. This does not mean she has to have a job or children etc. Mind you that helps. 

10 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Ok know all , when was the last time you visas to Australia? let

apart from some elements of reasonable advice you have posted, the majority of your posts have been bickering with some members. To the point of derailing the thread. As for my experience its based on years of living in bkk and also assisting many friends. Including my own partner Everyone has different circumstances. Both the sponsor and the appliciant.

You need to chill. My reference to "above posts  " can mean anyones post previous to mine. My advice is stick to the topic. Help advise and let go of the school boy stuff

Edited by jacksam

5 hours ago, ageless1 said:

Given the criteria you have described, providing you can establish the legitimacy and enduring nature of your relationship, I think you shouldn't have too many problems. The first girl I took back was similar to yours, she had a child and a steady 4 year, verifiable employment history in a salon. She also lived with her mum and sister and of course, her daughter. So clearly, having such strong societal and employment ties, she was able to demonstrate compelling reasons for her to return to Thailand. She got a visa first go.

The second girl I took back did not have a child and did not have a job as I asked her to leave it so that she could travel with me in my job. At that time I had been in Thailand for a quite a while and was established in Pattaya having been working previously in Laem Chabang, so was able to demonstrate to the embassy that she would be coming back if for no other reason than the fact that I was coming back there anyway as that was my home. However, they still refused her the first time. We had only been together at that time 5mths or so I think. I just simply lodged another application about a month later and included some additional information and she got a 3 month single entry. Since then, she has had 3 more visas with no problems and currently has a 12mth multi entry.

Of course, as mentioned elsewhere, you have to provide everything else, i.e. sponsor letter, bank statements, photos, records showing length of relationship such as photos, LINE messages etc.        

Edited by Wasa
should have read ".....for her to return to Thailand" not Australia

Good info Wasa. IMHO  maybe she may have been successful if the relationship was 6 months plus. Not that there is a set rule for knowing someone less time, but itsis a trigger. They like 6 up. Having said that, I recommend strongly that people reading thread never tell porkies on application. Also good idea to have receipt of early days of relationship. Photos not prove length of relationship. A pic of plane tickets/trips together better. On that point pics just together here and there while useful are best if they are calander related such as songkhan etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasa said:

Given the criteria you have described, providing you can establish the legitimacy and enduring nature of your relationship, I think you shouldn't have too many problems. The first girl I took back was similar to yours, she had a child and a steady 4 year, verifiable employment history in a salon. She also lived with her mum and sister and of course, her daughter. So clearly, having such strong societal and employment ties, she was able to demonstrate compelling reasons for her to return to Thailand. She got a visa first go.

The second girl I took back did not have a child and did not have a job as I asked her to leave it so that she could travel with me in my job. At that time I had been in Thailand for a quite a while and was established in Pattaya having been working previously in Laem Chabang, so was able to demonstrate to the embassy that she would be coming back if for no other reason than the fact that I was coming back there anyway as that was my home. However, they still refused her the first time. We had only been together at that time 5mths or so I think. I just simply lodged another application about a month later and included some additional information and she got a 3 month single entry. Since then, she has had 3 more visas with no problems and currently has a 12mth multi entry.

Of course, as mentioned elsewhere, you have to provide everything else, i.e. sponsor letter, bank statements, photos, records showing length of relationship such as photos, LINE messages etc.        

We've been together 8 months. How do you really know the GF isn't looking to get away from Thailand? I think I know my GF but with the real language and cultural barrier and the many horror stories you read on here how can you be sure?

inflammatory remark removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

I helped my then gf get a visa and it was easy. She had no compelling reason to return, I just promised she would. She had no money, but I sponsored her. I live in the UK and have no assets in Australia. We're married now and I'm thinking of moving to Cairns in the next couple of years, so we'll see how easy a permanent visa is.

I seem to remember there was a text area where you could explain that you would need a multi entry visa.