EgyptAir drama: Passenger detained after storming pilots cockpit

webfact

EgyptAir drama: Passenger detained after storming pilots cockpit

Staff writer and APNews Corp Australia Network

CAIRO: -- EGYPTAIR says a passenger has been detained after storming the pilot’s cockpit on a flight carrying 150 passengers.

The Friday incident took place aboard charter airline CairoAir 462, which took off from the Saudi capital, Riyadh, to Alexandria’s Borg el-Arab airport, EgyptAir said.

The passenger was not armed. “The crew checked if the passenger was not carrying whatever can impact the security and the safety of the passengers,” it said.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/egyptair-drama-passenger-detained-after-storming-pilots-cockpit/news-story/77175e099ed4a4d8b7604c4ba86f2439

news_comau_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright News.com.au 2016-09-05

so? did he gain access to the cockpit? that would have been quiet an achievement given that a whole passenger load did not manage to do that on the 'germanwings' suicide flight last year.

mind you, and perhaps that relates in some strange way to the 'business class post' of 'clutchclark', good timing and a knowledge of crew behaviour in regards to getting food or coffee to the cockpit AND sitting in the front or the top of the plane, will give you much better chances of getting onto the flight deck.

thai airways, on their 747 - 400 flights from syd to bkk, has the cockpit door open, and visibly open, on many occasions. wait in the forward toilet, time your moment, and in you are...

33 minutes ago, Carib said:

Yes, because business class has a separate cockpit....:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Michael8511 said:

And in what way will the fact that you fly business keep the cockpit safe?

Gents, 

I should have been more thorough in my original post but I hoped everyone would understand that a passenger has a much better chance of helping to protect the cockpit if seated in Business Class than if seated near the tsil of the aircraft. 

Cheers

17 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Gents, 

I should have been more thorough in my original post but I hoped everyone would understand that a passenger has a much better chance of helping to protect the cockpit if seated in Business Class than if seated near the tsil of the aircraft. 

Cheers

If you can point to where the TSIL of the aircraft is then we can take steps to avoid it :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Gents, 

Cheers

I fly business also trans pacific and if they have the single seated flat beds and a galley & first class cabin in front you will not see what happen at the cockpit door.

maybe on short flights with a 737 or A320 with regular business class seats you may see what's going on.

10 minutes ago, Michael8511 said:

I fly business also trans pacific and if they have the single seated flat beds and a galley & first class cabin in front you will not see what happen at the cockpit door.

maybe on short flights with a 737 or A320 with regular business class seats you may see what's going on.

I watch any passenger that moves foeward of my position and if there was a disturbance at the cockpit door I will hear it.

I am an alert passenger.

I am the passenger who does not have his head up his kazoo in an emergency. 

Too many years of flying small aircraft.

On 9/5/2016 at 3:49 PM, Prbkk said:

Well , it's a bit sad for the kids that they can no longer go up to the cockpit as they used to. It was once common for the FAs to come around and ask children if they would like to go up to see the captain. 

Yeah, well. Kids in he cockpit were probably OK until Aeroflot Flight 593 when the autopilot was disengaged and things went south, really south from there.