Bill fees that make you laugh

JAFO

31 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

lf you mean Ducati here in in Thailand yeah but not so sure about quality they have just up there game because of jap bikes they've never been my cup of tea not just because of price, they have trounced in so many ways same as BMW high cost bikes but it only as l see it and just IMHO. As l said off topic and a topic for motorbike Thailand form.

I have small experienced the quality of service. But Its good.
design quality? quality spec??

all jap some similar  .. price its higth.. than many another country ;)

do not know another quality thinks in Thailand lower cost then in many country.. do you?

Ducati one of  the few quality stuff it not expensive in Thailand..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ardokano said:

I have small experienced the quality of service. But Its good.
design quality? quality spec??

all jap some similar  .. price its higth.. than many another country ;)

do not know another quality thinks in Thailand lower cost then in many country.. do you?

Ducati one of  the few quality stuff it not expensive in Thailand..

Yeah l have opinion on motorcycle quality and price in Thailand  but that will be going off topic and should a topic in "Motorcycles in Thailand " forum. :thumbsup:

On 9/7/2016 at 9:42 PM, Ulic said:

75 baht to detail my scooter at the car wash to make it look like it came off the show room

floor. I always leave a hundred and shake my head at the low cost. Full scooter service at

a dealer all fluids and brake service, new front tire 1,800 baht. Runs like a top. I leave a

a 200 baht tip and feel guilty. Wednesday movies at the Avenue mall 80 baht. Lovely

comfortable chair and air conditioned splendor. A great way to spend a couple of hours.

I gave up on going to the movies back home when it reached 10 dollars. Now 15 + parking.

I really do love the value in Thailand. :thumbsup: 

Why did you not tip the ticket seller at the movies ?

On 9/7/2016 at 9:42 PM, Ulic said:

75 baht to detail my scooter at the car wash to make it look like it came off the show room

floor. I always leave a hundred and shake my head at the low cost. Full scooter service at

a dealer all fluids and brake service, new front tire 1,800 baht. Runs like a top. I leave a

a 200 baht tip and feel guilty. Wednesday movies at the Avenue mall 80 baht. Lovely

comfortable chair and air conditioned splendor. A great way to spend a couple of hours.

I gave up on going to the movies back home when it reached 10 dollars. Now 15 + parking.

I really do love the value in Thailand. :thumbsup: 

Don't worry the cost of cleaning your scooter will soon go up to 100 bht  now that they know foreigners are happy to pay that price.

Having said that, I'm just as guilty - always giving a tip (if at all possible) to poorly paid employees.

My wife owns 2 pieces of land, one 14 rai Chanot used for farming and 5 rai chanot with a house built on it and  used for farming. 

The annual tax for this land is 70 baht for the 14 rai and 35 baht for the 5 rai. For each payment you receive a raffle ticket every

one a winner and you may win a bottle of washing up liquid or a bar of soap etc.

On 9/7/2016 at 5:34 AM, possum1931 said:

The mini bars in hotels, one I was in was charging three times what Family Mart charge for the same drink, and there was a Family Mart across the road.

I would not expect to pay the same as a Family Mart, but exactly three times as much??

Capitalism at it's worst, and what makes me laugh is some deluded people must actually be paying these prices.

it seems to me that you never stayed in a 5* hotel located in a metropolitan area (e.g. Paris, Rome, London, Hong Kong) where minibar charges in US-Dollars are $4.- for a mineral water, $6.- for a 0.2L coke, $8.- for an orange juice and a sip of whisky $12.-

highway robbers!

21 minutes ago, Naam said:

it seems to me that you never stayed in a 5* hotel located in a metropolitan area (e.g. Paris, Rome, London, Hong Kong) where minibar charges in US-Dollars are $4.- for a mineral water, $6.- for a 0.2L coke, $8.- for an orange juice and a sip of whisky $12.-

highway robbers!

Try the Maldives!

I can remember (many years ago) being shocked to be charged 7 sterling for a carton of orange juice!

Edit - Not that it stopped us thoroughly enjoying sitting on the short 'pier', watching the baby black tips etc. - whilst drinking our vodka and orange juice :).

Edited by dick dasterdly

i visit a little old lady with a sewing machine in a lock up, by my condo, i wanted a new duvet cover, hit on the idea of sewing two fitted sheets together, (240 baht) she done a great job after i explained, (thought i was mad i think), so now i have a reversible duvet cover, her cost 50 baht.

6 hours ago, Naam said:

highway robbers!

thailand its not  London and Honkong..

and  his nothing to say about 5 stars..

why you not compare with Turkish hotel? where all included.

PS

in HK have nice 4 star hotel with drinks in bar included.. and its NORMAL drinks

Just now, ardokano said:

thailand its not  London and Honkong..

and  his nothing to say about 5 stars..

why you not compare with Turkish hotel? where all included.

PS

in HK have nice 4 star hotel with drinks in bar included.. and its NORMAL drinks

why you not talk irrelevant things about Turkey and 4* hotels? :coffee1:

1 minute ago, Naam said:

why you not talk irrelevant things about Turkey and 4* hotels? :coffee1:

ha ha.. where talking about stars? just example..

In Thai look as cheap but cost as expensive..

if in Thai look high= it's double or triple price than in London or HK..

:cheesy:

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/09/2016 at 2:01 PM, ardokano said:

ha ha.. where talking about stars? just example..

In Thai look as cheap but cost as expensive..

if in Thai look high= it's double or triple price than in London or HK..

:cheesy:

Sir, you are not making any sense. 

London and HK versus Thailand hotels = no compare.  How are you booking hotels sir? Direct with hotel you want to stay at?  What locations in thailand you stay?

The Langham HK - £200 + a night.

(One night was enough)

The Brittania international hotel - £85 a night.

(Bit old but lovely rooms if your nice to reception ) 11th floor If recall correctly. Amazing english two floor room. Sorry no images, been a while.

Most comparable hotels in thailand can be booked via websites like agoda for half the cost. 

Sounds like you are not getting best value available. Try agoda or laterooms.com. 

On 21.09.2016 at 9:42 AM, Rc2702 said:

Sir, you are not making any sense. 

London and HK versus Thailand hotels = no compare.  How are you booking hotels sir? Direct with hotel you want to stay at?  What locations in thailand you stay?

The Langham HK - £200 + a night.

(One night was enough)

The Brittania international hotel - £85 a night.

(Bit old but lovely rooms if your nice to reception ) 11th floor If recall correctly. Amazing english two floor room. Sorry no images, been a while.

Most comparable hotels in thailand can be booked via websites like agoda for half the cost. 

Sounds like you are not getting best value available. Try agoda or laterooms.com. 

Sir y don't know what about you talking..

This is in HK my booking

662fbc29659c4b95aef7bcc4e8e0ad6b.png

this is in Bangkok

286b6c4528bc46bdb71d58031cba9a10.png

Exchange rate its near 4.4

so its more than 1800 HK$

same hotel but higher price in Bangkok ..

And One more thinks

In HK not have near hotel then you go 7/11got water some sort of dirt falling into the bottle

as in Bangkok

Its even not 200 m from HotelC360_2016-08-22-14-52-03-996.jpg

SO its how i say you pay cheap you got even cheaper as you pay..

PS

HMM

"Sounds like you are not getting best value available. Try agoda or laterooms.com.  "

" The Langham HK - £200 + a night. "

Sounds like you need find some cheaper

concierge service

becouseas i remember In Langham room start from even 1100Hk but sure can got for 1400

£200 its  suit with Club access

b7e8737b1063434eaa8138faa7a09cce.png

its 

1 hour ago, ardokano said:

Sir y don't know what about you talking..

This is in HK my booking

662fbc29659c4b95aef7bcc4e8e0ad6b.png

this is in Bangkok

286b6c4528bc46bdb71d58031cba9a10.png

Exchange rate its near 4.4

so its more than 1800 HK$

same hotel but higher price in Bangkok ..

And One more thinks

In HK not have near hotel then you go 7/11got water some sort of dirt falling into the bottle

as in Bangkok

Its even not 200 m from HotelC360_2016-08-22-14-52-03-996.jpg

SO its how i say you pay cheap you got even cheaper as you pay..

PS

HMM

"Sounds like you are not getting best value available. Try agoda or laterooms.com.  "

" The Langham HK - £200 + a night. "

Sounds like you need find some cheaper

concierge service

becouseas i remember In Langham room start from even 1100Hk but sure can got for 1400

£200 its  suit with Club access

b7e8737b1063434eaa8138faa7a09cce.png

its 

Ardokan,

http://mediaroom.agoda.com/agoda-com-releases-their-global-guide-to-the-best-times-for-hotel-deals/

read the above link Re: your bookings.

Your welcome.

If I have misunderstood please try to be a bit clearer.

10 hours ago, maibork said:

Every time when I receive an international package the mailman ask me for 7 baht. And of course he never has change, so he gets 10 baht all the time...of course no bill

Every time I receive an international package from the mailman I always tip him 50 or 100 bht., as I'm pretty sure he's poorly paid and hopefully it encourages packages being delivered quite quickly.  An important point in my case, as the packages sometimes contain boxes of Maltesers :smile:!

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it - bearing in mind the boxes of Maltesers), I don't receive packages very often.

17 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Ardokan,

http://mediaroom.agoda.com/agoda-com-releases-their-global-guide-to-the-best-times-for-hotel-deals/

read the above link Re: your bookings.

Your welcome.

If I have misunderstood please try to be a bit clearer.

ArdokanO.. thanks...

so about what your link?

I am not much use agoda because they price in 90% higher then can afford another concierge/booking service.

SO what wrong?

Show you  same hotel in Bangkok and HK in low season price

in Bangkok it higher...

And In Bangkok near Hotel QUALITY(dirty in street) it lower...

A suite in Center Point in Bangkok was £70 a night. You won't get a B&B anywhere in London for that.

A bottle of red wine was extortionate in a few Thai hotels we went to at about £40 a bottle but of you want imported wine you can expect to pay more for it. The same bottle in my local wine shop is a fiver.

The Ferang/Thai price for things still amuses me as so many people get upset about it. Six of us went to a National Park and it was £5 for all of us. The temple of the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok is free for Thais and about £8 for a ferang. Three of us, (2 Thais) and me for £8. Sounds like a bargain to me when you compare to, say, London.

When I moved from then top3 cost of living country to bottom 10 one, the price of a kebab roll was around 4,9€ Now my ex just repatriated and let me know that it's now10€ and on top of that 7€ service charge for home delivery - even in the crappiest of joints you can find - just laughed :crazy:

4 hours ago, ardokano said:

ArdokanO.. thanks...

so about what your link?

I am not much use agoda because they price in 90% higher then can afford another concierge/booking service.

SO what wrong?

Show you  same hotel in Bangkok and HK in low season price

in Bangkok it higher...

And In Bangkok near Hotel QUALITY(dirty in street) it lower...

I am not sure where your going with this Ardokan but it appears you think agoda is a more expensive format than whom sire may I ask? In a nutshell where you book through? Direct with hotel and you have any redemption (loyalty card) (credit card loyalty) involved in booking?

I see the point I think you trying to make RE HK v bkk same season but first let's learn about the above question. 

7 hours ago, rasg said:

A suite in Center Point in Bangkok was £70 a night. You won't get a B&B anywhere in London for that.

A bottle of red wine was extortionate in a few Thai hotels we went to at about £40 a bottle but of you want imported wine you can expect to pay more for it. The same bottle in my local wine shop is a fiver.

The Ferang/Thai price for things still amuses me as so many people get upset about it. Six of us went to a National Park and it was £5 for all of us. The temple of the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok is free for Thais and about £8 for a ferang. Three of us, (2 Thais) and me for £8. Sounds like a bargain to me when you compare to, say, London.

Wembly its cetral?

Novotel its fine for you?

In London MANY Nice place

for £60-120... And  Sure near hotel never  some sort of dirt falling into the bottle water from some like this

C360_2016-08-22-14-52-03-996.jpg

SO again'

In Thailand if you pay cheap you got even cheaper..

Almost

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I am not sure where your going with this Ardokan but it appears you think agoda is a more expensive format than whom sire may I ask? In a nutshell where you book through? Direct with hotel and you have any redemption (loyalty card) (credit card loyalty) involved in booking?

I see the point I think you trying to make RE HK v bkk same season but first let's learn about the above question. 

I poor guy .. so i look cheapest price

Its simple.. If i have time and know  place where i want to stay..  I am looking at several sites included agoda and call some concierge.. And  in 90 percent of cases Agoda gives more expensive . Then choose where cheaper and reserve the room..

And yes .. I am as poor guy have some discount and loyalty program more than one..
But we are not talking about it ..
  the question is that in Thailand is not cheaper than in many countries. and if you pay cheap .. you get even cheaper

when I see the bill in Thailand .. I laugh through with tears ..

it is funny and sad at the same time.

Edited by ardokano

10 hours ago, ardokano said:

I poor guy .. so i look cheapest price

Its simple.. If i have time and know  place where i want to stay..  I am looking at several sites included agoda and call some concierge.. And  in 90 percent of cases Agoda gives more expensive . Then choose where cheaper and reserve the room..

And yes .. I am as poor guy have some discount and loyalty program more than one..
But we are not talking about it ..
  the question is that in Thailand is not cheaper than in many countries. and if you pay cheap .. you get even cheaper

when I see the bill in Thailand .. I laugh through with tears ..

it is funny and sad at the same time.

I think you are silly Ardokan sorry but on one hand you state your a poor guy but on another you have been using hotel rooms which would be considered expensive in most countries. Your loyalty cards and need for club class says your  full of c.rap too. Agoda is no where near as expensive. I am glad you were honest about your "loyalty" cards but if your poor guy you should be more pro active about choosing accomodation and loyalty cards in most cases are not always best value. MBK one of most visited places for tourists in thailand so of course novatEl will charge more for that location. 

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I think you are silly Ardokan sorry but on one hand you state your a poor guy but on another you have been using hotel rooms which would be considered expensive in most countries. Your loyalty cards and need for club class says your  full of c.rap too. Agoda is no where near as expensive. I am glad you were honest about your "loyalty" cards but if your poor guy you should be more pro active about choosing accomodation and loyalty cards in most cases are not always best value. MBK one of most visited places for tourists in thailand so of course novatEl will charge more for that location. 

Not to mention in another thread he says he has a Ducati Diavel as his learner bike.

26 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Not to mention in another thread he says he has a Ducati Diavel as his learner bike.

The guys an absolute argument waiting to happen. He probably said sorry once in his life. If it was a sunny day and someone said the sky was blue I doubt he would agree. You know the type you know it's true. Dirt dropping into bottle sounds like a very bad case of mouldy dandruff. When i was 15 a lad burst through the toilet door at school and began frantically washing his ear. I said you ok mate  he said a bird just shat in his ear hole. I reckon that's at least 250000/1 minimum that can happen. Inside the ear hole. Dirt falling into your bottle anywhere is in the same league as that. Get a drip ardokano.