Rejected In Kl For Tourist Visa, Back To Penang? Y/n?

Hello all

It’s my first post on this very informative forum.

I’ve been staying in Thailand for longer than one year now on tourist visa’s.

I have some questions about getting applied for a new tourist visa.

last oct 2006 I needed to apply for new tourist visa, planned first to go to Penang

again, but when I read that Penang was only issuing singe entry visa, I opted to go

to Kuala Lumpur instead to try to apply there for a Multiple Tourist visa.

At the consulate I was told that I only could apply for a single entry tourist visa when

staff checked my application form, I had filled in multiple entry to find that out, well

ok

This was not all, they also told me that i needed to submit 2 colour pictures,

instead of black and white. Well this was quite a surprise for me, always have

applied previously for tourist visa’s in the past with black and white pictures

with no problems.

I politely requested the staff to have a look at my picture in my passport, because in

my passport I got exactly the same picture as the 2 I’ve handed over.

Anyone else who got a similar experience like me regarding photo’s ?

When they finally checked my passport, they told me I cannot apply for a new tourist

visa, Reason of rejection, because I got a triple entry tourist visa from Penang, (

arranged by agent there)

I asked another staff member of the consulate to try to get a second opinion, but this

staff member had a chat with the person who just rejected me, and as expected I got

the same answer.

I have to state that I was dressed properly, during my visit to the consulate.

I read it once if you are not that it can be a reason of rejection as well.

well this visa application mission in KL was disappointing for me, but not KL, cool

city to check out. Unfortunately I did not had the time available to try it again in

Penang so it was back to Thailand for me with nothing.

I got the following stamps/ visa’s in my passport so far:

2x triple entry tourist visa: First one I got in my home country.

Second one in penang at beginning of 2006

Always went to Malaysia by plane to do the regular visa runs. Did it 4 times in total

Extended only once at immigration in Thailand in total.

Returned to my country 2x for short time in between as well.

Returned from my county to Thailand in the first week of oct 2006, got stamped for

30 days back then, I’ve learned the lesson the hard way, because I was thinking I

could still use my Third Entry Tourist Visa from Penang upon my arrival back in

Thailand, but not. And now I got my second 30 day stamp after this KL

trip.

Soon I need to leave Thailand again, thinking of going back to Penang to try get

Single Entry Tourist Visa, planning to use agent again there.

Well I need to return with a Tourist Visa this time, otherwise I get my 3rd 30 stamp

and after that period is over it’s 90 days Bye Bye Thailand.

My big question is now, is Penang still a Good place to go again If you previously got

a Tourist Visa from There?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. :o

Recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

The above is MFA minimum requirement. Being the same as in passport does not usually support it being recent.

If you can avoid confrontation you may well be able to obtain a tourist visa in Penang but do not believe having done so in the past is going to be helpful in any way.

It sounds as though the new rules are beginning to bite.

A few years ago I applied for a single entry Non Imm O visa in KL and they actually asked me if I wanted a multi-entry...........

Those were the days.

It sounds as though the new rules are beginning to bite.

A few years ago I applied for a single entry Non Imm O visa in KL and they actually asked me if I wanted a multi-entry...........

Those were the days.

I went to KL Oct 25th and nearly everyone got a tourist visa who asked for it. There were a number of people that had passports full of 30 day stamps. I did hear of one guy who was trying to bring his asian girlfriend on a TV and one of them got refused but this was second hand information. Everybody I talked to personally got their single entry TV's on Oct 25/26th.

This included a lot of people from third world countries in Africa etc who had been in thailand a long time on TV's etc.

What date did the OP go to KL in October?

There could be new treatment coming down the pike but as of Oct 25th in KL I did not see it other than multiple entry TV's not being allowed.

i used to print out b/w photos for visa on my computer and worked great, but then i started to get them kicked back so i am not surprised.

im also not surprised having multiple triples you got knocked as well. its pretty clear your intent...

just go to border, get a week...get your gear and head out. no love lost, you now know whatthailand thinks of you and your money.

welcome...cambodia, lao, philippines, bali, nepal, goa...