Duterte tells Obama not to question him about killings 

webfact

1 minute ago, tonbridgebrit said:

It might be the case that Duterte is looking at CHINA, he wants to take his nation closer to China, and away from America.

Really...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2016/08/28/philippines-sends-a-stark-warning-to-china-over-south-china-sea-dispute/#912f47435356

Philippines Sends A Stark Warning To China Over South China Sea Dispute

South China Sea disputes are turning worse. Last week, Philippines’ President Rodrigo Duterte had a loud and clear message for China: Stay away from our territory or else it could be a “bloody” confrontation.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, bannork said:

Go on Barack, ask him how many he murdered today.

Far less than the US bares responsibility for!! Duterte got elected by his people after promising to crack down on drugs and so therefore he is only following through on his key mandate policy. Great to see a prime minister keep his promises rather than abandon them as soon as he gets his foot through the door.

About time that someone put Obabma in his place - America is not my father!!

9 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

I think some of you are a bit young. Marcos initially made his name by reducing corruption. When you use corrupt methods to wipe out corruption you are going to end up like them.  It is just a matter of time

This guy is a nut, if he isn't dead in two years, he will be tossed out by the exact same people who voted him in.

Yeah, but Marcos was a Washington puppet.  This Duterte man is certainly NOT.

19 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

Far less than the US bares responsibility for!! Duterte got elected by his people after promising to crack down on drugs and so therefore he is only following through on his key mandate policy. Great to see a prime minister keep his promises rather than abandon them as soon as he gets his foot through the door.

About time that someone put Obabma in his place - America is not my father!!

This isn't about the US.  This IS about a democratically elected president killing his own civilians without due process.  As has been stated before, who knows if some of those killed were really drug dealers?  Or just enemies of someone out for revenge.  Remember how well this turned out here in Thailand?  Not so good for many who were potentially innocent.  Or, who didn't commit a crime worthy of death.

Again, focus on the problem...the US didn't create this one. 

7 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Not everything is about US politics. The obvious comparison to draw is to Thaksin who did the exact same thing as Duterte is doing now.

Yes, both Thaksin and Duterte carried out mass killings of "drug dealers".  But, Thaksin never said anything against Washington, Duterte has. And that's why it is, Washington might carry out a 'regime change' in the Philipinnes.

You get removed because you're against Washington, you're not removed on the grounds that you've done suspected human rights abuse. 

This isn't about the US.  This IS about a democratically elected president killing his own civilians without due process.  As has been stated before, who knows if some of those killed were really drug dealers?  Or just enemies of someone out for revenge.  Remember how well this turned out here in Thailand?  Not so good for many who were potentially innocent.  Or, who didn't commit a crime worthy of death.

Again, focus on the problem...the US didn't create this one. 

True if people are killed for no reasons ...why is the USA the correct moral authority to check him ?

If you can stop killing your own black citizens like Duerte says ...I think he would agree to the criticism and assistance

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

39 minutes ago, steve654 said:

Obama did say something, he cancelled the meeting.  Duterte's mouth will create a lot of hardship for the Philippines in the long run as they may lose military backing from the US and when that happens, China will pounce on them like wild dogs.  

Just my point of view, but if Trump becomes President, he will remember very clearly what the Philippine President thinks of the US and I can just see him tell Duterte........"yeah, you're right, the US sucks, see ya and by the way,  fend for yourselves and see how that works out for you"

''they may lose military backing from the US and when that happens, China will pounce on them like wild dogs''.  

Yeh right!!! the US is going to let that happen:clap2:.

Yup, not answerable to anybody... I could be wrong but doesn't the world operate on a set of international laws and when you break said international laws are you not answerable for those?

Hey, things are better when each country runs itself and dictators take power, right?

His people have given him a mandate to clean up the country , clean up the corruption and the amount of people in the inside assisting the drug business

If you have lived in Philippines and seen the intense amount of influence ...this tough regime is what is needed to clean it up

I know perhaps in some places you believe programs and free drugs work but this is democracy and the people are behind him to do it ....do you would remove that ?

If intentional laws were this relevant why was bush allowed to lie to the entire world and UN and get a mandate for a fake war ? The guy has called USA out correctly and asked you guys to stop being a hypocrite

He may be rough on the edge and a diplomatic nightmare but he is Filipino and elected to solve his country's problems ...in 6 years his people and the world can judge if he was the right one

I suspect Duterte is a little emotionally unstable.   He started a rant about a conversation that never took place.   It's pretty hard to control what might be asked in a meeting, but he is apparently not able to craft any type of reasonable answer.

The US is never going to agree with what Duterte is doing, but they are going to do nothing to stop it.   It is purely an internal matter for the Philippines.   

2 minutes ago, Credo said:

I suspect Duterte is a little emotionally unstable.   He started a rant about a conversation that never took place.   It's pretty hard to control what might be asked in a meeting, but he is apparently not able to craft any type of reasonable answer.

The US is never going to agree with what Duterte is doing, but they are going to do nothing to stop it.   It is purely an internal matter for the Philippines.   

Yes, good short analysis. For sure the Philippines needs to be cleaned up, and this guy is going to do it, though of course trampling on every civil right on the process. It will sort of be like Thaksin's program in the south of Thailand. Eventually, it is just seen as outlaw governance by most of the world.

5 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

He is uncouth  for sure but millions the world over have had ENOUGH of the PC BS propagated by the rich and elite like Obama and he and Trump are a reaction to that PC culture.

Uncouth is putting it mildly.  He doesn't deserve any respect.  Totally uncalled for.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37281821

He has called Pope Francis the "son of a whore",

13 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

''they may lose military backing from the US and when that happens, China will pounce on them like wild dogs''.  

Yeh right!!! the US is going to let that happen:clap2:.

If Trump becomes President and Duterte mouths off, I would bet that Trump will cut military protection.  Trump is about USA only and is always looking for ways to scale back anywhere and everywhere he feels the US is not appreciated.  I based my comment on that only because the chances of Trump becoming President are quite strong now.  Duterte needs to think more before speaking as it will come back to haunt him.

This Duterte dude is absolutely nuts... 

[Recounting Secretary of State John Kerry's visit to the country, Duterte, speaking Tagalog, said that he was feuding with US Ambassador Philip Goldberg.
"I was with (incoming defense chief General) Delfin Lorenzana. We talked to Kerry, he was actually OK because I had a fight with his ambassador. I told him: 'your ambassador is a gay son of a bitch.'" "I was annoyed at him, for interfering in the elections, giving statements here and there. He wasn't supposed to do that." He also called Kerry "crazy" and suggested that he "offend" him more to get more aid.

"Kerry came here, we had a meal, and he left me and Delfin $33 million. I said, OK, maybe we should offend them more, so this crazy will just give more money, just to make peace. So, it's all about the money."]

Obama is handling this like an adult, as he always does.  No need to punish an entire country of peoples because their leader is a complete looney.  For comparison, Trump would probably lose it and try to get back at the guy by punishing all Filipinos.  Big difference.  

China is not taking Philippines and Duerte is a smart chap sending Ramos to talk to China ....to negotiate for a better deal

He cleans up his country , China will have to pay for access to the islands and Duerte gets the cash to. Improve his country's infrastructure

Anyone that talks about Philippines and has not visited in the last year or been to the slums is just talking crap ....live there and you can understand why his people are voting for toughness

Ninoy was great with the business community but when you are a mum or Grandmother living in fear in the slums and watching your love ones die of overdoses and not working to help the families etc etc you can understand why the Filipino are saying for the next 6 years let's kill and clean up this place

We can wait a little longer for economic revival as the world is in a stall right now with slow growth ...without cleaning up the slums and the drugs infested places ....high GDP means nothing and will not improve employment anyway

The words are awful.  What he called us before is not "son of a bitch"....it is quite worse.   The most awful insult in the Philippines is telling somebody that their mom is a whore.   Those are the words he uses..and threatens to use.   Puta (whore) Ina (mom) mo (you/your).  They shorten it to putang ina.  It has no relation to son of a bitch. I think we all know a bitch is a female dog.

Edited by slipperylobster

Duerte is learning from Singapore ...any expat who has lived in Singapore loved one thing

The toughness in laws and intolerance to drugs and usage

So for the small fairy tale unicorn group that believes usage of recreational drugs is a God given right stay in your countries where this is legalised and do it

But don't impose your dreams on a country where most people average salary is less than $10 a day ...they want a better life for their children minus the drugs and elected a democratic president who will appoint a police chief to do that

I have a huge group of Filipinos employed and they are telling me thank god for him ...so their views count more than the Americans or the world as this is their country

2 minutes ago, slipperylobster said:

The words are awful.  What he called us before is not "son of a bitch"....it is quite worse.   The most awful insult in the Philippines is telling somebody that their mom is a whore.   Those are the words he uses..and threatens to use.   Puta (whore) Ina (mom) mo (you/your).  They shorten it to putang ina.  It has no relation to son of a bitch.

....and your point is?

4 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

....and your point is?

point is...why does he need to call other heads of states "sons of whores"?   Worse, he threatens to use those words as a weapon of hate...   When you need to swear, to get a point across, it makes you look uncouth.

Thought it would be obvious.....but not for you, evidently.

:facepalm:

It might help clarify the issue of how foul mouthed this guy is.

Edited by slipperylobster

Just now, slipperylobster said:

point is...why does he need to call other heads of states "sons of whores"?   

Thought it would be obvious.....but not for you, evidently.

:facepalm:

It might help clarify the issue of how foul mouthed this guy is.

Because he wants Obama to 'butt out' of the Philippines business - what he is doing seems to be working as Obama has clearly thrown a tantrum and has cancelled the meeting.

1 hour ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Yes, both Thaksin and Duterte carried out mass killings of "drug dealers".  But, Thaksin never said anything against Washington, Duterte has. And that's why it is, Washington might carry out a 'regime change' in the Philipinnes.

You get removed because you're against Washington, you're not removed on the grounds that you've done suspected human rights abuse. 

You have a ton of conspiracy theories and of course Selective memory too. That I might add is just what conspiracy theories need for there simplistic explanations of the world to have much traction 

A) The T man made his party and his election to PM on the theory that Western Countries (the US) and George Soros, nefariously loaned, money to Thailand and then speculating against Thailand to pauperize the country and steal Thai assets, this and they,  were the root cause of the 97 economic collapse. He also felt (Thaksin) that the US should have rushed to Thailand’s aid, which they did not. The idea that Korea or Indonesia might weigh more on the US’s scale than Thailand does is something Thaksin and Thai people in general could not conceive.

B) He made the Boeing Company go quiet about a "plane explosion", something that would not help them in their battles with airbus. Boeing and the US are still rankled about being nice to him, because not so soon afterwards ….

C) 9/11 happened And Thaksin tripped over his feet running to 2nd the Chinese proposal to let the UN investigate the September 11 terror attacks, and make judgement. The US was plenty angry about that, and still is.

So you may want to connect Thaksin and the US but really save it for simple minds at the PUB, OK :thumbsup: 

Edited by LomSak27

26 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

He is entitled to his opinions - do you remember...........freedom of speech......and all that, that the US keeps on spouting about?

Calling the Pope a whore isn't right.  I do hope you agree with that.  Freedom of speech has it's limits.  Even in the US.  Which is a good thing.

13 hours ago, DipStick said:

For decades the Philippines has been an embarrassment , and certainly needs a fresh look and leadership, from Marcos onwards, things went downhill even more. You had the idiots from the corrupt to the film stars vying for political dominance, all had one thing in their minds $$$$$$ not for the country but for themselves.

They now have this idiot, who is not a politician, nor is he diplomatic or well educated he is a poorly educated dictator. 

Whilst I tend to agree that the Philippines is totally over run with drugs, scammers and thieves, surely this president should be looking at getting the country back on its feet create jobs, be able to self sustain,curb the catholic led population growth, legalise abortions ( inam not a fan of abortions) but when 18 year olds are already mothers to two or more children then the system has failed. Drugs whilst a major issue must be being controlled and run by very influential people. Don't murder the users, go after the top players, which obviously include senior Military, Police , politicians. 

A dictator who tries to bite the hand that is trying to assist the Philippines security such as the US then being foul mouthed about it ........ What an idiot 

In a country where using a condom is considered a mortal sin, divorce is illegal, family planning not encouraged if allowed, it certainly has a lot of catching up to do.  Families cannot afford a decent education for their kids as they have so many.   

Of course there are teenage pregnancies if prophylactics cannot be bought.

Ex-Spanish colonies in South America have a much more modern view of the world, and the Philippines should open their eyes.