Hey, German, leave our dogs alone! Pattaya police nab man for attacking soi dogs

webfact

21 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

if your small domestic dog goes crazy whenever anyone comes anywhere near, like the little shit next door to me, then I can understand the postman.....

postman is human too.  his rights to a quiet life we re encroached.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, pumpuy said:

Sorry , but I still prefer dogs to people , At least they do not talk bad about you behind your back , they do not want your money , they do not want your GF , they can become REAL friends when you treat them good .

People simply will not ...!

sorry you have not met not real men. there are those who will give their lives for their friends. dogs can only go that far.

Just now, sahibji said:

how visa came to be associated with the dogs?

Satire, my friend. I responded to clockman, who said, "Too many dogs in Thailand. And no means of control . . . "  Since many on here seem to believe Thais think we are no better than dogs; then why not control the dogs the same way they control us?

Alternatively, they could just round us up, give us vaccines and put some of us to death.

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Satire, my friend. I responded to clockman, who said, "Too many dogs in Thailand. And no means of control . . . "  Since many on here seem to believe Thais think we are no better than dogs; then why not control the dogs the same way they control us?

Alternatively, they could just round us up, give us vaccines and put some of us to death.

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

you made my day. good thinking.

3 hours ago, clockman said:

Too many dogs in Thailand. And no means of control.Rabies can be anywhere here.

Well there are also a lot of very stupid and dangerous people around the world (including Thailand of course). Racist, bigotted, aggressive, narrow minded people, people who knowingly spread hate, lies, deadly viruses, etc.

The world would certainly be a better place without them, but no means of control, right ? What do you suggest ? A massive euthanasia ? And who would get to choose who goes and who stays ? You ?

52 minutes ago, pumpuy said:

Sorry , but I still prefer dogs to people , At least they do not talk bad about you behind your back , they do not want your money , they do not want your GF , they can become REAL friends when you treat them good .

People simply will not ...!

They'll be your friend even if you treat them badly just as long as you feed them, they are dogs, the relationship is 100% food related, sure they will protect their food source and they will go to great lengths to please their food source but don't be mislead into thinking an animal as stupid as a dog genuinely cares.

3 hours ago, Mangkorndang said:

Perhaps the German gentleman has had similar experiences to me with "soi dogs" in Thailand.  I walk or bicycle ride most days in Chiang Mai.  In the last ten years I have had to receive medical attention on three times for dog bites.   Hardly a day goes by when I am not confronted or actually attacked.  I now carry a stout black taped pick handle to drive them off.

My fury is not at the dogs.  I am in fact dog lover.  I am annoyed with the people who own these animals and fail to care and train them properly.... or worse have abandoned them in the streets.

My particular angst is towards Thai people often the dogs owners who think it is funny and actually laugh when I am rushed or attacked.  There is nothing amusing.

I have previously urged on this forum and elsewhere for a comprehensive local or government endeavour to round up these stray dogs, humanely destroy the sick or diseased and desex the remainder.  

Good post .If the dogs are bothering this man at his condo residence why do the management not remove them

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is possibly a case of 'Six to one and a half dozen to the other'... 

Soi Dogs are a nuisance... it's possible that their numbers and noise gave the German guy reason to fear them or consider them a nuisance... 

Its also possible that this German guy was somewhat neurotic and over reacted considerably.

The Issue as I see it here is that these Soi dogs are considered 'pets' but no one is prepared to take responsibility when they become a nuisance or bite or attack someone.

The 'middle ground' here or being a dog lover helps no one...  the life of a soi dog without inoculations or access to vets, eating trash etc is not a great one... tough decisions need to be made and no one likes making these decisions.... 

So the conversation could go like this:-

"Is this your dog?"

"Soi dog - pet - belongs to me, belongs to everyone"

"Well, it's just bitten me!"

"Not my dog - somebody else's dog"

And  if they are a pet they should belong to someone or a family who should be responsible for their behaviour and inoculations..

If they are not a pet, then they do not belong to anybody, are soi dogs that need to be rounded up, neutered, speyed, and injuries taken care of etc.

There are some organisations that do this - Koh Samui has a wonderful organisation that does just that but is dependent on charity and donations to survive. You can find their boxes in most bars, so instead of banging you loose change in your pocket after you have given your barmaid a 20 baht tip, stick it in the "dog box" - as they say every little helps!!!

I could rant on for an hour about the problems of dogs in Thailand.  I don't have problems with larger farang dogs.  Ok, some bark for a minute or two while at me when I'm hiking by, but then they chill.  Most farang dogs (larger ones and/or with farang owners) don't bark at me 'cause they're cool.

My problems are mostly with the small ones.  The smaller, the worser.  Thais don't know how to discipline dogs.  They think, "well, it's natural for dogs to bark, so why curtail what's natural?  Plus, they can supposedly tune it out.  They don't understand that people owners are the alpha for the dogs.

Probably worst is Thais pull little puppies away from their mothers before they're weaned, so the entire rest of their dog lives, they're nervous barking machines.  All hours, high pitched.  Often when the puppies grow a bit and aren't cute anymore (to the owners), the dogs are abandoned.  On just one  small rural road where I reside, I estimate 15 dogs/week are abandoned.  I see new ones every evening.  There are hundreds of thousands of rural roads like mine around Thailand.  Do the math.

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

Good post .If the dogs are bothering this man at his condo residence why do the management not remove them

managements job in Thailand is to do as  little  a s possible, ignore any requests  and only when extremely pushed then do the most bizarre thing possible usually accomplishing nothing and telling everyone your'e "fussy".....fact is they are lazy in 99% of cases

5 hours ago, Mangkorndang said:

Perhaps the German gentleman has had similar experiences to me with "soi dogs" in Thailand.  I walk or bicycle ride most days in Chiang Mai.  In the last ten years I have had to receive medical attention on three times for dog bites.   Hardly a day goes by when I am not confronted or actually attacked.  I now carry a stout black taped pick handle to drive them off.

My fury is not at the dogs.  I am in fact dog lover.  I am annoyed with the people who own these animals and fail to care and train them properly.... or worse have abandoned them in the streets.

My particular angst is towards Thai people often the dogs owners who think it is funny and actually laugh when I am rushed or attacked.  There is nothing amusing.

I have previously urged on this forum and elsewhere for a comprehensive local or government endeavour to round up these stray dogs, humanely destroy the sick or diseased and desex the remainder.  

Here another one with the same problems. As bicyclist now I use concentrated vinigar, have it on the stearing, and the first dog who like to byte me, have after try to attack me some problems with eyes. Highly recommend!!

7 hours ago, napoleon3 said:

The other day, my post man, with his boots on, tried to play foot-ball with my small domestic dog, just because it made a little noise (woef woef) ???? Some human's are worse than animals !!!

I think maybe it would help you to understand 'better' if YOU were to trade places with the postman for a few days..............

Also, if you just let that 'small domestic' mutt run the streets, then you are 'most' of the problem....... I will bet you my next 3 virgins that you never even think about coming over and cleaning up the 'POOP' that your 'small domestic' mutt left on the paving just in front of MY gate at MY house....... Wanna bet me?????

Lastly I wonder what those little "woef woef's" really sounded like to the postman.................

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

German "Harold Fritcon", that happens on transliteration :cheesy::cheesy:

Thais have a special gene that let's them sleep even at the worst barking and howling at night.

Maybe "Harold" does not have that :P

It's more likely he was attacked by Soi dogs. I've had quite a few close escapes myself over the years, on the motorcycle. They really are a menace. There's one place just around the corner from where I live I wouldn't go at night. Last time I passed this particular place I counted 15 dogs. When they form packs they can be dangerous.

2 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

And most of the time, the dogs who try to attack are no stray dogs but belong to somebody.

And in case of medical help, you can't find the owner of that dog, very strange.....

I have no idea why people keep calling soi dogs "stray dogs". It should be fairly obvious that 99% of them are born in the "wild". By "wild" I'm referring to vacant lots and parks. 

They are not abandoned or lost pets.

2 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Here another one with the same problems. As bicyclist now I use concentrated vinigar, have it on the stearing, and the first dog who like to byte me, have after try to attack me some problems with eyes. Highly recommend!!

You're a brave soul, choosing to bicycle around Pattaya. If the soi dogs don't finish you off, the traffic will. If that doesn't, the heat may do the job... and let's not mention the pollution you'll be sucking down when you're breathing hard. There's safer ways to get fit.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

I have no idea why people keep calling soi dogs "stray dogs". It should be fairly obvious that 99% of them are born in the "wild". By "wild" I'm referring to vacant lots and parks. 

They are not abandoned or lost pets.

A stray animal does not only refer to those that have themselves strayed but to all domesticated animals that are wandering at large, a dog does not become a wild animal just because it is born outside of captivity, they are a fully domesticated animal, hence why they return to people rather than fearing people and staying well away like a wolf would.