Philippine president regrets 'son of a bitch' remark 

webfact

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Your credibility is stretched. He calls the U.S. ambassador gay as an insult. He's a crude moron.

Strange logic dude.

Is it incorrect that there is a huge Filipino American population in the US? How is the credibility of that comment altered by my LGBT support comment?

Is it not possible to call someone gay (as an insult) and support the LGBT community? I'd say it is, because it's a fact that he supports LGBT rights. That's on record.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Good. He's a bombastic trump like buffoon and should serve as a warning to Americans not to make a similar mistake.

Unlike that other buffoon, Clinton, who just insulted millions of Americans.

You bash Trump at every opportunity -  you even carry a Clinton avatar now. I think most of us understand by now that you hate him.

I've been barracking for Trump since he started his campaign. Get over it - he's going to be your new president.

"make America great again!!!!" :D

Edited by tropo

22 minutes ago, tropo said:

Strange logic dude.

Is it incorrect that there is a huge Filipino American population in the US? How is the credibility of that comment altered by my LGBT support comment?

Is it not possible to call someone gay (as an insult) and support the LGBT community? I'd say it is, because it's a fact that he supports LGBT rights. That's on record.

Ofcourse someone can insult someone by calling them gay AND support the LGBTIQ community.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

--------

Thats the same misconception an earlier poster had when they said many Americans would support Dutertecalling the POTUS an SOB just because several of us don't like obama.

Yet nothing could be further from the truth--we are Americans and we don't like foreigners calling our POTUS names. 

-------

Who keeps coming up with these ridiculous claims?

Edited by ClutchClark

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Your credibility is stretched. He calls the U.S. ambassador gay as an insult. He's a crude moron.

That same US Ambassador has led a very vocal anti-Duterte campaign for several months. 

He did not maintain a nuetral or respectful position towards the Philippino elections in the least and now he is stuck working with the very guy he stumped against.

Unlike that other buffoon, Clinton, who just insulted millions of Americans.

You bash Trump at every opportunity -  you even carry a Clinton avatar now. I think most of us understand by now that you hate him.

I've been barracking for Trump since he started his campaign. Get over it - he's going to be your new president.

"make America great again!!!!" [emoji3]

White supremacists deserve to be insulted.

Who cares who you're for? You're not American right? Most non Americans for trump are hostile to America such as Putin and Isis.

That same US Ambassador has led a very vocal anti-Duterte campaign for several months. 

He did not maintain a nuetral or respectful position towards the Philippino elections in the least and now he is stuck working with the very guy he stumped against.

So you say but no excuse for the anti gay verbal abuse.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Who cares who you're for? You're not American right? Most non Americans for trump are hostile to America such as Putin and Isis.

Actually you appear to insult most evrryone you don't agree with here on TVF, eh JT?

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If you think calling someone gay is an insult and you use it as an insult you're anti gay by definition. Duterte used it as an insult.

Yes he did and he also supports LGBT rights. Interesting for a guy who was sexually abused by Catholic priests as a young boy, isn't it? Talk about irony.

You didn't stop to think that insults are often spur of the moment outbursts with little thought going into their literal meanings and they are often habitual remarks of common usage in a community. The Philippines is rather anti-gay in general, so these expressions will be commonly used.

For example. calling Obama "a son of a whore" did not mean he actually thinks his mother was a whore. Very seldom are swear words or expressions used to express actual facts.

I don't agree with your "anti gay by definition" theory. You're too sensitive to literal meanings of anything gay related.

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I find your continual anti-Trump and pro-Clinton political campaign on this forum irritating.

I've seen you over in the International news forum going at it (and I'm happy to leave you at it), but now you're expanding your campaign into other threads.

There's no substance to your campaign - it's pure bashing.

This non-American for Trump is not hostile to America. There's no need to make assumptions based on your theories.

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

Ofcourse someone can insult someone by calling them gay AND support the LGBTIQ community.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

--------

Thats the same misconception an earlier poster had when they said many Americans would support Dutertecalling the POTUS an SOB just because several of us don't like obama.

Yet nothing could be further from the truth--we are Americans and we don't like foreigners calling our POTUS names. 

-------

Who keeps coming up with these ridiculous claims?

Do you really think you speak for all Americans, including the whole of the Filipino-American community?

The Filipino vote is important for the candidates. One thing about Filipinos, they like to vote and don't usually stay at home on election day. The candidates are aware of this, hence their seemingly gentle and forgiving replies (Obama, Clinton) to Duterte's comments. Perhaps in a non-election year it would have been different.

30 minutes ago, tropo said:

The Filipino vote is important for the candidates. One thing about Filipinos, they like to vote and don't usually stay at home on election day. The candidates are aware of this, hence their seemingly gentle and forgiving replies (Obama, Clinton) to Duterte's comments. Perhaps in a non-election year it would have been different.

Let's break this down.

Obama isn't running for president.

The Filipino vote is growing in importance but the majority live in California and New York and thus their vote for president will not matter as both states are SOLIDLY going to go for Hillary Clinton (electoral votes are the only thing that counts). 

Historically Filipinos like other Asian Amerians have had relatively LOW rates of participation in American politics, but that's improving. 

Filipino Americans have historically been more republican than any other major Asian American group, but that has switched under Obama, but only moderately so. 

Filipino Americans will be first to tell you of the strong similarities between trump and Duterte. 

Edited by Jingthing

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Let's break this down.

Obama isn't running for president.

The Filipino vote is growing in importance but the majority live in California and New York and thus their vote for president will not matter as both states are SOLIDLY going to go for Hillary Clinton (electoral votes are the only thing that counts). 

Historically Filipinos like other Asian Amerians have had relatively LOW rates of participation in American politics, but that's improving. 

Filipino Americans have historically been more republican than any other major Asian American group, but that has switched under Obama, but only moderately so. 

Filipino Americans will be first to tell you of the strong similarities between trump and Duterte. 

Meaning what? The democrats are not concerned about the Filipino American vote because it's insignificant?

I mentioned Obama because he is just as concerned about a democrat win as Clinton and will try to help her as much as possible.

It is pretty insignificant in the context of the presidential electoral race. Like I said, their participation level in U.S. politics is weak, but on the up trend. It's significant in some U.S. local political races such as in the East Bay of San Francisco and Daly City.

I think if every Filipino American that was registered to vote (a significant percentage won't be) actually turned out to vote (a significant percentage won't vote) voted for the Duterte of the USA (trump) it wouldn't turn the election (and of course that's not going to happen as more likely the Filipino American trend towards the democrats that started with Obama will continue and a majority will vote for Hillary). 

I think your theory is silly. There is no way that Obama's measured diplomatic calm response is about the Filipino vote. It's about trying to keep the relations between the two nations on OK terms even though the current Filipino leader is a bombastic hothead that seems to be working overtime to sabotage it.  It's in the greater U.S. interest (and Filipino) to keep at least OK relations.

You see, Obama is a reasonable man. Duterte is not. I feel very sorry for the the Philipines for making such a stupid mistake but they chose it.

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, tropo said:

Do you really think you speak for all Americans, including the whole of the Filipino-American community?

I have no idea what you are even talking about.

I don't recall ever saying one thing about being the voice of the Philippino-American community or suggesting the first thing about their voting habits. 

As for speaking for ALL Americans. Who speaks for all Americans today? They may as well come from different planets...they certainly speak entirely different languages. Obviously, Democrats would be very upset that Duterte called obama a name because obama is like a baby Jesus to this group...maybe more so since so many in this group are agnostic or anti-religion. 

But Republicans, and I do speak to quite a few guys from different regions of the country...and although every one of them considers obama worse than an SOB, they don't like some foreigner suggesting as much because it is an insult to America and as the democrats are often pointing out--us Republicans are a pretty pro-American group.

Now if you have a problem with any of this I would be glad to hear it but I have no idea what you were talking about above. 

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It is pretty insignificant in the context of the presidential electoral race. Like I said, their participation level in U.S. politics is weak, but on the up trend. It's significant in some U.S. local political races such as in the East Bay of San Francisco and Daly City.

I think if every Filipino American that was registered to vote (a significant percentage won't be) actually turned out to vote (a significant percentage won't vote) it wouldn't turn the election (and of course that's not going to happen, more likely the trend towards the democrats will continue and a majority will vote for Hillary). 

I think your theory is silly. There is no way that Obama's measured diplomatic calm response is about the Filipino vote. It's about trying to keep the relations between the two nations on OK terms even though the current Filipino leader is a bombastic hothead that seems to be working overtime to sabotage it.  It's in the greater U.S. interest (and Filipino) to keep good relations.

You see, Obama is a reasonable man. Duterte is not. I feel very sorry for the the Philipines for making such a stupid mistake but they chose it.

Cheers. 

And this is one of those rare times I would agree with JT that obama ignored Dutertes comments because it is in the US interest to do so...and not for the Philippino vote.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So you say but no excuse for the anti gay verbal abuse.

Its not anti-gay verbal abuse.

Just pointing out that someone is acting "gay" does not equate to being anti-gay. 

For instance, if a hetero male were to have an avatar with the rainbow and a shrine to hillary, it would not be anti-gay to suggest his avatar is really gay. Its simply recognizing a fact and placing no negative or positive to that fact. The way it is interpreted is completely left to the audience and none of us can be responsible for another person's interpretation.

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think if every Filipino American that was registered to vote (a significant percentage won't be) actually turned out to vote (a significant percentage won't vote) voted for the Duterte of the USA (trump) it wouldn't turn the election (and of course that's not going to happen as more likely the Filipino American trend towards the democrats that started with Obama will continue and a majority will vote for Hillary). 

I think your theory is silly. There is no way that Obama's measured diplomatic calm response is about the Filipino vote. It's about trying to keep the relations between the two nations on OK terms even though the current Filipino leader is a bombastic hothead that seems to be working overtime to sabotage it.  It's in the greater U.S. interest (and Filipino) to keep at least OK relations.

Cheers. 

LOL... and I think your theory is "silly" - that the Filipino-American vote is not important to the current presidential candidates. The sphere of influence of Filipinos that have inhabited your country for up to 100 years is wide - wider than just the registered voters would indicate.

Let's just agree to disagree then - and not call each other's ideas "silly" just because you don't agree with them.

Cheers!

21 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

I have no idea what you are even talking about.

I don't recall ever saying one thing about being the voice of the Philippino-American community or suggesting the first thing about their voting habits. 

As for speaking for ALL Americans. Who speaks for all Americans today? They may as well come from different planets...they certainly speak entirely different languages. Obviously, Democrats would be very upset that Duterte called obama a name because obama is like a baby Jesus to this group...maybe more so since so many in this group are agnostic or anti-religion. 

But Republicans, and I do speak to quite a few guys from different regions of the country...and although every one of them considers obama worse than an SOB, they don't like some foreigner suggesting as much because it is an insult to America and as the democrats are often pointing out--us Republicans are a pretty pro-American group.

Now if you have a problem with any of this I would be glad to hear it but I have no idea what you were talking about above. 

This is the comment you made which lead me to believe you think you speak for all Americans:

Quote: "Yet nothing could be further from the truth--we are Americans and we don't like foreigners calling our POTUS names. 

I have spoken to some Americans who didn't care in the slightest about what he said about POTUS. They actually laughed about it. They were however insulted by what Hillary said about Trump supporters a few days ago.  

Obama has been having a bad week - first the Chinese snub, and then this.

I agree, it would be impossible to speak for all Americans, it just seemed like you were. I'm sorry I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

38 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL... and I think your theory is "silly" - that the Filipino-American vote is not important to the current presidential candidates. The sphere of influence of Filipinos that have inhabited your country for up to 100 years is wide - wider than just the registered voters would indicate.

Let's just agree to disagree then - and not call each other's ideas "silly" just because you don't agree with them.

Cheers!

You're objectively wrong.

Their participation in U.S. politics is poor.

They have small numbers. Under one percent.

The vast majority of them are in solidly democratic states so even if they all went republican which they won't, no difference to the presidential election. You do realize U.S. elections aren't REALLY national elections, don't you?

They generally come down to about 10 states. At most.

New York and California where most Filipino Americans live aren't in that 10.

I don't know why you're projecting this silly and WRONG idea that the Filipino - American vote is significant in U.S. presidential elections. It just isn't. You can't even begin to back up your assertion that it is significant with any facts at all. 
Don't bother -- the facts aren't there.It's not personal to Filipinos. The same lack of influence applies to probably the majority of American voters in PRESIDENTIAL elections.

Not saying the electoral college system is good ... just that that's the system. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Cheers!

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're objectively wrong.

Their participation in U.S. politics is poor.

They have small numbers. Under one percent.

The vast majority of them are in solidly democratic states so even if they all went republican which they won't, no difference to the presidential election. You do realize U.S. elections aren't REALLY national elections, don't you?

They generally come down to about 10 states. At most.

New York and California where most Filipino Americans live aren't in that 10.

I don't know why you're projecting this silly and WRONG idea that the Filipino - American vote is significant in U.S. presidential elections. It just isn't. You can't even begin to back up your assertion that it is significant with any facts at all. 
Don't bother -- the facts aren't there.It's not personal to Filipinos. The same lack of influence applies to probably the majority of American voters in PRESIDENTIAL elections.

Not saying the electoral college system is good ... just that that's the system. 

Tropo, 

I am not sure JT understands the meaning of a peace offering such as you posted above. 

JT follows Colliseum Rules--Fight to the Death ! 

:D

5 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Tropo, 

I am not sure JT understands the meaning of a peace offering such as you posted above. 

JT follows Colliseum Rules--Fight to the Death ! 

:D

LOL> I actually typed a reply out and then deleted it. I've already given up. I don't have the stamina to continue.

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> I actually typed a reply out and then deleted it. I've already given up. I don't have the stamina to continue.

You actually had doubled down on your bizarre and falsely overblown exaggeration of the importance of Filipino Americans in U.S. politics. It just isn't true. The reality is the way it is now is that all Asian Americans are generally put together and together the "Asian American vote" is gaining importance and happily getting much more pro DEMOCRAT, but the Filipino part is just so teeny tiny, like trump's hands. 

In fact, if you're talking about the entirely of the Asian American vote, that is important enough now to make a difference in putting Hillary Clinton over the top. 

The sphere of influence of Filipinos that have inhabited your country for up to 100 years is wide - wider than just the registered voters would indicate.

Edited by Jingthing

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You actually had doubled down on your bizarre and falsely overblown exaggeration of the importance of Filipino Americans in U.S. politics. It just isn't true. The reality is the way it is now is that all Asian Americans are generally put together and together the "Asian American vote" is gaining importance and happily getting much more pro DEMOCRAT, but the Filipino part is just so teeny tiny, like trump's hands. 

In fact, if you're talking about the entirely of the Asian American vote, that is important enough now to make a difference in putting Hillary Clinton over the top. 

LOL> You're still going? I already gave up.

I look forward to seeing your posts after Trump is elected.:D