Seminar agrees punishment for child molesters should be more severe

webfact

Seminar agrees punishment for child molesters should be more severe

mol.jpg

BANGKOK, 6 September 2016 (NNT) – The Office of the Attorney General has sought to more severely punish those convicted of child molestation in response to the growing prevalence of such cases. 

At seminar titled “Society’s Way Out from Molestation” organized by the Department of Children and Youth and the Commission for Improving Child Laws in line with the Constitution and Children’s Rights Treaties, Expert Public Prosecutor Wanchai Rujanawong remarked that laws must be implemented with greater severity against those convicted of molestation. 

He called for distinctions to be drawn between rapists who also murder their victims, rapists who cause injury and rapists who pose a threat to society, with punishments differing from execution and life imprisonment to asset seizure. He asserted convicts of such crimes should not have the chance at lowered sentences. 

Deputy Director of the Department of Mental Health Dr. Panpimol Wipulakorn indicated that the frequency of molestation cases is on the rise with offenders ranging from family members to high-level officials.

She also noted that the ages of victims in children molestation cases now range from as low as 11 months to 5 years of age. She stated that her office agrees that punishment for instigators of such crimes should be severe as their victims, despite extensive treatment, often are unable to completely move past the trauma inflicted upon them. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-06

Castration has been tried in 8 states with some success.

Surely,that must mean chemical castration,not the actual removal of the teste's?

How does the state carry out the sentence? Is the medication administered at certain clinics? Does the perp go along with his probation officer? who oversees the sentence.?

Is there a point of no return?where the medication is no longer necessary,due to the past amount of it has,now a permanent effect.

What are the side effects of this medication,besides the obvious.

I know that Turing was sentenced to the same sort of thing,when his homosexuality was made public at his court case.Apparently he suffered terrible side effects.In fact they led to his suicide in the 50's i believe. What a shame,when you consider that the man invented what we now know as the computer killed himself over what now is considered daily life.Is this punishment just limited to the USA or does the UK and other countries use this method also?

11 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

have to wonder if removing the testicles from the offenders would help. maybe offer reduced sentence and castration. has been tried in 8 states in america with some success.

Just so you know, Voluntary Castration in the States is done Medically, and not Surgically.

Repeat Offenders have been known to accept this treatment so they are able to get early release, as they then don't pose a problem to society as long as they keep with the treatment. Better than serving a Life Sentences I suppose. But nobody is held down kicking and screaming and tied to a chair. while he has his testicles removed. Or at least not in the States. In Iran??? Maybe! 

Many years ago, I was travelling with my Wife near the Golden Triangle.  After driving all day, we stopped at bar in a village, it was raining heavily.

There was a Japanese man on a table behind me and it was very obvious he was paying the parents of a poor girl for the right to spend some time with her.

He was speaking in English and wanted to know how many days could he spend with her. The Mother of the child was saying 20,000 per day.  5 days she was saying.  It was the Dad, who saying just 1 day because she was 11 years old and might get upset.

They eventually agree 50,000 for 2 days.

I turned around slowly and looked him right in the eye. He said to me, "Get your own".

I was horrified. I wanted to go to Police, but my Wife stopped me and said, if a Japanese man is sat out in the open arranging sex with a child, then not only are his parents complicit, but so is the authorities and didn't want us involved.

The man made me feel so sorry for the girl, even though I never saw her clearly.

What is the appropriate punishment for this offence. I would think Death.

Edited by autanic

10 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Castration has been tried in 8 states with some success.

Surely,that must mean chemical castration,not the actual removal of the teste's?

How does the state carry out the sentence? Is the medication administered at certain clinics? Does the perp go along with his probation officer? who oversees the sentence.?

Is there a point of no return?where the medication is no longer necessary,due to the past amount of it has,now a permanent effect.

What are the side effects of this medication,besides the obvious.

I know that Turing was sentenced to the same sort of thing,when his homosexuality was made public at his court case.Apparently he suffered terrible side effects.In fact they led to his suicide in the 50's i believe. What a shame,when you consider that the man invented what we now know as the computer killed himself over what now is considered daily life.Is this punishment just limited to the USA or does the UK and other countries use this method also?

Yes it is Chemical Castration and also Voluntary. A Repeat Sexual Offender who meets a certain criteria can apply for this with the main goal being early release. The drug can be given by injection, making for a longer lasting effect, or taken orally as a daily pill.

Part of the Parole requirement is for frequent testing, as stopping to take this drug reverses the effect. For a Life Sentence Parole can last for a Life Time. If they violate their Parole, they risk being sent back to jail for life, or to complete their sentence. . 

Like most drugs, some side effects are present, like a greater risk of heart attack, but not major enough t stop its use and the benefit they get from this drug. Besides the United Sates many other countries like Europe use this as well. India is looking into this presently due to a recent amount and increases in gang rapes.   

6 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Just so you know, Voluntary Castration in the States is done Medically, and not Surgically.

Repeat Offenders have been known to accept this treatment so they are able to get early release, as they then don't pose a problem to society as long as they keep with the treatment. Better than serving a Life Sentences I suppose. But nobody is held down kicking and screaming and tied to a chair. while he has his testicles removed. Or at least not in the States. In Iran??? Maybe! 

both medical and surgical castration is used and both have shown some success. offenders need to agree but it would seem few do. chemical castration seems to require the person to continue to take medication which they may not do resulting in offending. http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93947&page=1

On 9/7/2016 at 10:59 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

have to wonder if removing the testicles from the offenders would help. maybe offer reduced sentence and castration. has been tried in 8 states in america with some success.

BIG No they still have there fingers,and there mindset.