Tourists flee stinking trash on Koh Tao

snoop1130

A massive hit on tourism? No money coming in?Filth in the streets and stench of rotting garbage in peoples houses.? Tourists leaving their hotels in droves? less money for the elite?

Surely this is divine intervention.The last time this happened is when Moses asked of Rameses."let my people go" I reckon this is the great god of Burma making these problems on behalf of the Burmese two.

And it aint over yet,they've got famine,locusts,boils and the sea turning to blood yet.

And of course,the angel of death,where every first born  dies.

Wicked? i know but,thou reapeth what thou sow.

2 hours ago, useronthenet said:

All that money the Island creates, and the administration didn't foresee the consequences of leaving such an environmental catastrophe unchecked. They should be ashamed of themselves. 

Yes what is the Thai translation for forward contingency planning..?

Why is this news report so believable?

Twice, I had to flee stinking/smoking garbage dumps on Koh Lan, just in front of Pattaya.  Had to check out of my resort 30 minutes after checking in, on Koh Samed, due to heaps of rotting garbage just outside the windows.  On Koh Chang, had to dodge constant, sizable garbage on the roads using a rented motorbike.

Disgusting, and never going back to any of these places.  Have to go further afield to the less-traveled islands to get real, less-spoiled paradise.  The list is getting shorter by the year.    The Maldives is looking better.

Irony and Sarcasm are lost on many people on TV.... I refer to the suggestion to dump all this at sea. Which is already common practice in the Bay of Siam....

Ref the Maldives...Thilafushi  (The toxic bomb)  is the island to avoid there.

This is the way of the world and all our future.

As the song goes... To pay paradise put up a parking lot.........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thilafushi

• 3 months later...
On 07/09/2016 at 7:49 AM, loong said:

So the incinerator broke down at the same time as the contract ended.

So who is in charge now? One would assume that the authority had another management team in place before the contract ended??

Someone should stop  7/11  giving a plastic bag with every  Bht10 purchase.

Archived