Would you choose phuket or pattaya for a holiday?

Howitzer

1 hour ago, thehelmsman said:

"as I have walked up and down Soi Cowboy and other bar areas"

Ring a bell.

A non drinker who doesn't frequent bars yet knows them all. You're the one who started making comments about bouncers in bars which by your own admission you know nothing about.

I know them all??????? I know all the bar areas not the actual bars, I know I said I never frequent bars, I actually meant to drink, but as an ex professional musician, I have went in to bars many times in Pattaya with my mates to go up and play and sing with the band.  Is there any ex pats who are not newbies who don't know about Thailands bar areas? As for "other bar areas", read my post again only this time with a pair of glasses. Soi Cowboy is a shortcut between Asoke BTS and Soi 23 and I walk up it on my way to a restaurant, and yes, it is an excuse to look at the lovely girls outside the bars.

Now how about an apology for using the word "creepy" like I am some sort of pervert.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I know them all??????? I know all the bar areas not the actual bars, I know I said I never frequent bars, I actually meant to drink, but as an ex professional musician, I have went in to bars many times in Pattaya with my mates to go up and play and sing with the band.  Is there any ex pats who are not newbies who don't know about Thailands bar areas? As for "other bar areas", read my post again only this time with a pair of glasses. Soi Cowboy is a shortcut between Asoke BTS and Soi 23 and I walk up it on my way to a restaurant, and yes, it is an excuse to look at the lovely girls outside the bars.

Now how about an apology for using the word "creepy" like I am some sort of pervert.

:partytime2:    Calm down, most everything said here is entertainment. But, you gave me a good laugh trying to defend yourself.

Ha ha using soi cowboy as an excuse for a short cut would be a first.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

:partytime2:    Calm down, most everything said here is entertainment. But, you gave me a good laugh trying to defend yourself.

27 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

You gave me a good laugh too, except for using the word "creepy" and you sure got it wrong when you said "other bar areas" which I gave no mention of at all, and yes, everything said here is entertainment, but not when you say someone is "creepy". I have every respect for women, bargirls, freelancers, as long as no one is getting hurt.

On 9/7/2016 at 7:34 AM, dundas said:

My one night in Phuket was in Patong and might not have been representative of the best that Phuket has to offer - rude and pushy people, crowded restaurants, total indifference.  I was just glad to be out of the place, but I suppose it depends on what you want, and exactly where in Phuket you are. I didn't enjoy Patong, other people might. I enjoyed smaller places like Krabi a lot more.  

Never even contemplated going to Pattaya - don't really want to go on holidays in a place where just about all the Thais around me are in the sex industry. I'm sure it's got more to offer than sex, shopping centres maybe?

You're right, it isn't. Like saying London is the rest of England. Haven't been for a while, but there are some lovely spots around the island. One has but to look. If you haven't been to Pattaya either, I can't see the point in the post to be honest.

Op: Phuket nightlife is probably as full-on in Patong, but overall more expensive and slightly classier.

Pattaya is one large Patong.