More Thais committing suicide - and the north is the worst hit

webfact

Well, rising suicide rates in the west, especially in males aging somewhere from late teens into mid 40s or what it was, aren't important enough, kind of skeptical anything is going to happen here in this regard either.

Problems are manyfold, most which won't be addressed with an objective mindset and reasonable arguments over evidence and possible causes due to the regressive left narrative.

While I don't really have an understanding of this aspect of thailand at all (mostly due to not being able to piece the info together myself to do my asslazy commitment to learning thai), I'm also not surprised at the news at all.

At the people who claim suicide to be the cowardice way out, ya think so? Most people will fail at the last step due to the fear and the conflict with self preservation, regardless of the method chosen. And then we can cherry pick the western demographic of divorced men that get their entire life ruined by "No fault divorce", stuck with spousal support and most often child support as well, not being able to sustain that burden for years to come doing 2 jobs with tons of overtime while the legal system just keeps <deleted> them more on the whim of a(ny) woman.

As already mentioned, problems are manyfold and it's still getting worse, rock bottom is something a society should avoid out of fear alone.

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

My wife explained suicide and how it fits with buddism. If you take your own life you are in a state of pergatory, destined to live that day over and over, you dont move onward, upwards next life etc. In the west we can maybe gain some comfort, they are no longer tormented, at peace etc. 

Groundhog Day. 

Not much different than the life they already live. 

4 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

The act of self killing is a kind of cowardice. Face your problems and think about your love ones before committing  suicide.

good advise but unfortunately the state of the mind of the person committing suicide does not allow rational evaluation of the circumstances.

Quote from the movie (The one Million Dollar Hotel)

Wow, after I jumped it occurred to me, life is perfect, life is the best. It's full of magic, beauty, opportunity, and television, and surprises, lots of surprises, yeah. And then there's that stuff that everybody longs for, but they only real feel when it's gone. All that just kinda hit me. I guess you don't really see it all clearly when you're - ya know - alive.

3 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

These people committing suicide need to be taken in for reeducation and attitude adjustment - they should know that life is better under the glorious Junta :D 

that is if you can reach them in time.... before they do their act.

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Have you ever experienced the carnage it leaves behind, lives are ruined. Yes you got out of jail free, often at the expense of those left behind.

Have you ever experienced the carnage in the mind of a person who is on the edge of suicide?

Try it. 

Afterwards you may be able to come up with a way to help others back from the abyss.

5 hours ago, thai3 said:

Often people kill themselves due to the actions of 'love ones' Two of my family killed themselves over the actions of my brother in law- he was a peadophile.

That's unfortunate. I would have thought it better to off the peadophile. 

10 hours ago, thai3 said:

Often people kill themselves due to the actions of 'love ones' Two of my family killed themselves over the actions of my brother in law- he was a peadophile.

Peadophile, sorry they could not deal with HIS problem, it would have been better to turn him in and send him away or kill him, sorry to say life is tough, but the World does not need perverts !!

2 minutes ago, gchurch259 said:

Peadophile, sorry they could not deal with HIS problem, it would have been better to turn him in and send him away or kill him, sorry to say life is tough, but the World does not need perverts !!

He was arrested 20 years ago but not charged, he is now in Thailand with a 27 year old, he is 73. I just hope she does not have any kids :(

4 minutes ago, thai3 said:

He was arrested 20 years ago but not charged, he is now in Thailand with a 27 year old, he is 73. I just hope she does not have any kids :(

Hope I did not offend you !! Child Abuse, the culture has been changing in the 13 years I have been here.

14 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

The act of self killing is a kind of cowardice. Face your problems and think about your love ones before committing  suicide.

If you accept that the desire to kill oneself is a mental illness. The by virtue of being an illness the person is incapable in terms of mental capacity. They will only see one way out and that is Suicide, even though their troubles may seem small to other, to the person contemplating suicide, they have a lack of choice.

This is hardly cowardice, but the inability to get the past the mental illness.

Okay, here is the cure.  Avoid overuse of caffeine and alcohol.  Ketamine has been researched for alleviating depression, but not yet approved by the FDA.  However Ketamine is a dissociative and I suspect with my NON-EXPERT knowledge that it works for combat veterans for post traumatic stress because it might dissociate one with one's mental pain from losing buddies in combat the same way dissociative medications in cough syrup work.  It alleviative pain by dissociative functions in the mind rather as a local anesthetic.

To be honest dextromethorphan polistirex is a fun pick me up that I have tried.  I doesn't have hydrobromide like DXM cough syrup which can cause Olney's lesions.  Polystirex is still dangerous if you do not watch your dosing.  But compared to alcohol its a lot of fun.  Alcohol slows you down  and makes people irritable.  Alcohol causes fights at bars.  I never get irritable on poly, its fun.  Smiles and joy.  And non-addictive.  I can go for weeks without it.  And then I think, its time for pick me up feeling after a few weeks.  The fact that it makes me all smiles, they should serve this stuff at bars.  People wouldn't fight.  Just laugh and have a good time.

On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Peterw42 said:

Have you ever experienced the carnage it leaves behind, lives are ruined. Yes you got out of jail free, often at the expense of those left behind.

Commonly that is true.

However there exists that percent of people who make other peoples lives so miserable they would be very relieved if that misery orchestrating person committed suicide.

Unfortunately there are a fair amount of such people while they seldom do commit suicide and commonly outlive everyone else while inciting others to the point of suicide.

Cheers

Very sad news, I hope people are supported, the government could do some real good here if it was inclined to do so. I remember back in 2011 when Yingluck was pushing her 'make-everyone-rich-in-6-months' election pledge. I thought at the time, as I'm sure many other expats did, that this would only end in trouble: the car tax rebate, the rice pledge etc. Only one way it could go really. I think while most westerners saw through these empty pledges immediately, most rural Thais drank the Kool-Aid and these increasing suicide numbers are the tragic result. 

On 9/7/2016 at 4:59 AM, AlexRich said:

I don't agree that it's a cowardly act, it takes a lot of guts to do that ... not that I would recommend it ... I guess most are mentally ill. So I'm a bit more sympathetic.

I don't think they're mentally ill. Most of them are farmers and invested heavily under the Yingluck government. But when the current military junta declared a coup those generous agricultural subsidies were withdrawn leaving farmers with no financial means of repaying the banks.

Faced with bankruptcy, some choose suicide rather than 'lose face' and be regarded as failures in their communities. 

52 minutes ago, Xircal said:

I don't think they're mentally ill. Most of them are farmers and invested heavily under the Yingluck government. But when the current military junta declared a coup those generous agricultural subsidies were withdrawn leaving farmers with no financial means of repaying the banks.

Faced with bankruptcy, some choose suicide rather than 'lose face' and be regarded as failures in their communities. 

I don't think suicide is a natural act, so my point is that people are mentally ill (perhaps deeply depressed) who turn to it as a solution.