Ladyboy robbery gang arrested in Pattaya

webfact

Ladyboy robbery gang arrested in Pattaya

Report from Pattaya One News Team

lb1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 6pm, on the evening of September 7, the Pattaya police announced the arrest of six men and one woman who are believed to be responsible for a recent crime-spree in Pattaya.

Pattaya One previously reported that Mr Leport Michel Georges, a sixty-three-year old French national, was robbed of 8000 baht whilst travelling on a baht bus along Second Road.

Investigating officers have identified and arrested:

• Suthep Sothang, 30 years from 42/91 M. 2 Nakleau, Banglamung Chonburi
  • Chonnasorn Thammasiri, 28 years from 90 M. 3 Khunkuan, Pong, Payao
  • Wilaiwan Boonchu, 26 years from  18/267 M. 5 Nongprue, Banglamung Chonburi
  • Chanphen Khanthongdee, 34 years from 51/4 M. 13 Nongprue, Banglamung Chonburi
  • Supachai Jampa, 34 years from 308 M. 4 Phanokkao, Pukradeung, Loei
  •  

All have admitted a series of crimes and have been charged with robbery. Some of them had previously been arrested for similar offences and police have said they ‘have failed to learn their lesson.’

Officers have also arrested twenty-two year old Mr Amy Sornchan from Cambodia and twenty-nine year old Thai Mr Winai (aka Wan) In-Sawang who have been charged with stealing 9000 baht from Mr Mohamed Alsinaidi, an Omani tourist, on Beach Road.

The pair have also been charged with stealing $2000 and three credit cards from American tourist Mr Faisal Saleh.

They will all be detained until they are sent to trail.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/231383/pickpocket-gang-arrested-and-2-ladyboys-from-omani-robbery/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-08

1 hour ago, webfact said:

... and police have said they ‘have failed to learn their lesson.’

What lesson would that be exactly? I would suggest that they have learned their lesson well and truly - that a 500 baht fine can be easily recouped on the first baht bus to pass Soi 9.

Not sure Napoleon3  if you are suggesting that these LB's are pervs or the tourist visiting Thailand ? Its not clear what you mean. Often when ever their is a robbery or crime against a tourist, people on here comment how it is somehow their fault. Fault lies with the criminal always. Sure there are things you can do to mitigate amount of loss, but at the end of the day, whether it is 1000 baht or 50,000 baht stolen, it is stolen by criminals, Lets not lose sight of that fact. And how on earth can these thieves learn their lesson, if they get a measly 500 baht fine and out of police custody same evening. Its as if the police condone their activity.

I am not a bigoted man. Nor am I a a racist. And least of all am I homophobic. But, why is it that such a high percentage of crime in Pattaya seems to be committed by ladyboys? It appears that there is an obvious problem. When there, I always give them very wide berth, and will not engage them in conversation. I just feel that the vast majority are nothing but trouble. I know there must be some good ones. I am sure of that. But, the ones working the streets in Pattaya seem to be bad seeds. If anyone should be profiled, it is the ladyboy community of Pattaya. 

Of course, as we all know, if the police and the judiciary were both competent and effective, crime would go down. In many parts of the world it is known as a deterrent. 

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I am not a bigoted man. Nor am I a a racist. And least of all am I homophobic. But, why is it that such a high percentage of crime in Pattaya seems to be committed by ladyboys? It appears that there is an obvious problem. When there, I always give them very wide berth, and will not engage them in conversation. I just feel that the vast majority are nothing but trouble. I know there must be some good ones. I am sure of that. But, the ones working the streets in Pattaya seem to be bad seeds. If anyone should be profiled, it is the ladyboy community of Pattaya. 

Of course, as we all know, if the police and the judiciary were both competent and effective, crime would go down. In many parts of the world it is known as a deterrent. 

I think that the problem is not the ladyboys as such - instead, it is Pattaya.

I have met many ladyboys who have real jobs, some who are kind, generous, some who are good at business etc. But Pattaya draws in the criminal element, the druggies etc.

Just the same as I have met many Russians outside Pattaya who are not mafia but I would not say the same about the Russians in Pattaya.

37 minutes ago, generealty said:

Not sure Napoleon3  if you are suggesting that these LB's are pervs or the tourist visiting Thailand ? Its not clear what you mean. Often when ever their is a robbery or crime against a tourist, people on here comment how it is somehow their fault. Fault lies with the criminal always. Sure there are things you can do to mitigate amount of loss, but at the end of the day, whether it is 1000 baht or 50,000 baht stolen, it is stolen by criminals, Lets not lose sight of that fact. And how on earth can these thieves learn their lesson, if they get a measly 500 baht fine and out of police custody same evening. Its as if the police condone their activity.

Sorry if I was not clear, English is not my usuall language.

I mean those tourist that come over, only for that one reason.

The LB's are only taking advantage off these perv visitors.

1 hour ago, napoleon3 said:

If the perv. that come to Pattaya, only for this, could be stopped, Pattaya could become a FUN city and not a SIN city !

Keep the good work going on General.

I Hope, I hope, I hope !

cops arrested them. they are on the opposing team from the general. slap on the wrist and a fine. i walked through the cells at the courthouse on tapraya rd. full of ladyboys waiting to be deported back to esan. they have to go back to save the money for a bus ticket back to pattaya.

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Very good point spider. But as a guy that live Pattaya 8 yrs an hav business opp Royal gdn plaza, I know most of these little so called ladybugs. They work freelance in boyztown, Sunnee plaza. Jomtien Complex they are drug users an always go in groups of 3 with at least one knife.

They Hav  no fear coz most of the police will turn a blind eye when they pay 300baht.

Trust me I know many of them. But not by choice ?

39 minutes ago, nakhonandy said:

The bulk of lady boys in Pattaya are not criminals, now down on Beach Road most are. 

Also I expect 99% of the Russians here are not mafia. 

All large tourist destinations have similar problems not just Pattaya. 

U need to get out more ?

41 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

What if they ban all Ladyboys from Pattaya beach ?

on what grounds. they have a right to be there as anybody else. only they do not have the right to go robbing and annoying visitors and forcing their services on others.

You do hear about robberies being committed by ladyboys probably more than any other group, and I've never been to Pattaya myself, but in my own experience having been with ladyboys and girls in probably equal numbers, I've been spiked/robbed by girls on a number of occasions, and not once by a ladyboy.