What are the best (Android) apps for learning Thai?

ctwtn

I am using L-lingo and ThaiDict. Both allow serious delving into spelling and usage. L-lingo is instructional, with each lesson covering a topic and using key words, spoken phrases and quizzes for reinforcement. ThaiDict is a very comprehensive dictionary with options to search English words, Thai words (Thai script and Thai sounds).

• 5 weeks later...

I'm using Luvlinga Thai Pro which has a beginners course and an intermediate course.  It's broken up into sections that you can work your way through and each one teaches you 4-6 Thai words or phrases.  

So for example the first section is named Places 1A and teaches the following;

train station

hospital

toilet

restaurant

hotel

hello

where is the (...)?

It then tests you on the words using a simple word/picture game.  

It's not bad but definitely for beginners.

I use ThaiDict  which is excellent.  I am coming to come across a few words which are not in it but think this will work until you can use a completely Thai dictionary.

I also use Anki for vocabulary flashcards.  Some good Thai decks available at various levels.

Tried Thai <deleted> Easy.  Again this is for learning vocab.  The problem is that I could not find a way to filter out words I already know.  It groups words by topic.  That means you often have to go through a group of about 20 words when there are only 1 or 2 you don't know.

I started with "Becker Thai Beginners"and "Becker Thai Intermediate" which have vocabulary from the popular books.  There are a few typos but otherwise these are good.

I am now using "Freq 4000" which includes the most common 4000 words in Thai.  For each word there are two cards one with the English to test if you know the Thai and one with English to see if you can translate to Thai.  There are sound files for the Thai with good clear pronunciation.