UK State Pension - What is absolute minimum ?

Speedo1968

Bottom line being as long as you have paid shed loads of money to a quasi corrupt ruling entity (uk government)  they will do their level best to screw as much as they can from you then discard you when you no longer can find them.

the caveat being unless you turn up at LHR without a passport and with a good "suntan" 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Exactly. It took me 3 years to get a quote out of the pension service because of this new system - and i will get 120 pounds a week, not 155 - basically barely more than the old system - because i was contracted out for 25 years. Due to collect early next year. It also applies to all public sector workers, not just private.

There isn't anything unfair about this.  Being contracted out means you paid less money into the NI than an equivalent worker doing the same job as you who wasn't contracted out.

As you paid less in, then you will get less back. However because you paid into another supplementary pension scheme (the reason why you were contracted out in the first place)  you will receive another supplementary pension payment from this scheme, that an equivalent worker who wasn't contracted out doing the same job as you won't get.

So you should not lose out compared to non-contracted out personnel, and you aren't being treated unfairly compared to them.

Of course, if you do draw a UK Government Pension yet live outside of the EU then you do not receive any annual cost of living increase as do those pensioners resident in the UK. Consequently the value of your pension erodes year by year.

That amounts to theft does it not?. If you have money in an English Bank do they stop your interest increase because you moved somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived