Is it really that easy?

lostinisaan

A notebook at our school with W 10 Pro on was installed by an Advice shop but the updates showed that it was a copy, not more.

Then I've watched a guy activating the thingy within 5 minutes and it's got a digital signature now. Is that the way how Spanish companies get rich by selling genuine W 10 Pro programs?

I saw the guy doing it and you first see a notebook, very easy instructions and in  minutes you're genuine? I was just wondering how Spanish companies? ( without an address can sell a genuine program for 15 Euro when others have to pay 200 bucks. 

And the same guys who buy such a genuine copy are always trying to blame others for cracking systems? Why does it smell so fishy? 

What's your opinion? Please shoot............

13 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Yes it's that easy.

Google Microsoft toolkit.

:thumbsup:

Nope, that's not the one you're talking about. It allows you to generate a MAC key, then a CD key and you're able to activate the thingy with a digital signature. 

My point of this post is not to spread how to crack such a system, I'm only wondering if the cheap W 10 Pro keys for 10  to 20 Euros you can find online are "made by" such programs.

How else can they sell a product that's usually $ 200 +/ in Thailand maybe a little less.

There were so many discussions where people made the statement that they're running a genuine version of Windows from Spain, bought for 15 bucks only.

The same guys blamed others for using pirated software, so what's the deal with such companies? 

It's much easier than installing a CD burning program and only takes 3 minutes to complete. 

How can it be that easy to activate a usually expensive program without Windows having the right tools to prevent it?

Despite the apparent July 31st Deadline, free upgrade from Win 7/8/8.1 still works. (At least it did a few days ago)

And the genuineticket method of bypassing the upgrade process still works too. So perhaps that is what you saw.

-Fresh install of Win10

-Insert genuineticket

-Reboot

-Go online and Win10 shows activated.

46 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Despite the apparent July 31st Deadline, free upgrade from Win 7/8/8.1 still works. (At least it did a few days ago)

And the genuineticket method of bypassing the upgrade process still works too. So perhaps that is what you saw.

-Fresh install of Win10

-Insert genuineticket

-Reboot

-Go online and Win10 shows activated.

Nope, not this way. A program that once was an activated W 10 Pro got destroyed by somebody changing the CD key and it became a W 10 Enterprise. The guy tried another W 10 Pro key, but didn't work out.

Then a program I won't tell the name here did the job perfectly. 

1. Delete all cracks

2. Create new keys

3. Choose one MAC key and insert it.

4. Choose one CD key and insert it.

5. Press activate with digital signature and you're done in about three minutes. 

Machine's running well, all programs work well and I've learned some more. 

Well if you are talking about illicit methods of activation, nothing new there. Post 2 already offered that solution.

Just because the machine shows as activated doesn't make it genuine and doesn't mean that it has a digital entitlement or a digital licence.

3 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Nope, that's not the one you're talking about. It allows you to generate a MAC key, then a CD key and you're able to activate the thingy with a digital signature. 

My point of this post is not to spread how to crack such a system, I'm only wondering if the cheap W 10 Pro keys for 10  to 20 Euros you can find online are "made by" such programs.

How else can they sell a product that's usually $ 200 +/ in Thailand maybe a little less.

There were so many discussions where people made the statement that they're running a genuine version of Windows from Spain, bought for 15 bucks only.

The same guys blamed others for using pirated software, so what's the deal with such companies? 

It's much easier than installing a CD burning program and only takes 3 minutes to complete. 

How can it be that easy to activate a usually expensive program without Windows having the right tools to prevent it?   

no, the cheap keys found online can be checked against Microsoft's database.

I bought a bunch of them for WIN 7 Pro giving free upgrade to WIN 10 Pro

anyone using Win 7 enterprise or ultimate needs to downgrade to win 7 pro first though.

there is a win 7 downgrader utility around that avoids re-installing, because microsoft doesn't allow downgrades.

38 minutes ago, manarak said:

anyone using Win 7 enterprise or ultimate needs to downgrade to win 7 pro first though.

there is a win 7 downgrader utility around that avoids re-installing, because microsoft doesn't allow downgrades.

Wasn't necessary on this machine as it already had W 10 pro before. The notebook was bought from an Advice store with a W 10 Pro installed, updates on.

The 1607 update then found out that it wasn't a genuine one and showed the message that the program needs to be activated.

No idea how the Enterprise came into the game, but all in a sudden it showed that it's a W 10 Enterprise version.

Then the trick that only took three minutes and it's an updated version of W 10 Pro with the 1607 update.

Running  really very nice and shows that it's activated with a digital license.

There's no set up process needed. Cheers.   

You can still get Windows 10 free of charge provided you use the assistive technoligies site: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/01/microsoft-windows-10-upgrade-free-assistive-features

But aside from the privacy issues, Windows 10 uses your upload bandwidth to share updates on your computer with other users: http://www.ghacks.net/2016/08/17/windows-10-update-delivery-optimization/

And here are some other valid reasons why you shouldn't upgrade: http://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html

On 9/9/2016 at 0:14 PM, thedemon said:

Well if you are talking about illicit methods of activation, nothing new there. Post 2 already offered that solution.

Just because the machine shows as activated doesn't make it genuine and doesn't mean that it has a digital entitlement or a digital licence.

On the other hand, it could well be a genuine install (downloaded from MS), just activated by another means. With some of the software, it does indeed have digital entitlement or a digital licence, according to the MS servers.

It is funny that most of the better known 'work-a-round' programs carry the disclaimer that the software was written for testing only, if you like the product, buy it.........................;)

I endorse that disclaimer, even though licence management (when talking about a number of machines) can be a biatch.

20 hours ago, chrisinth said:

On the other hand, it could well be a genuine install (downloaded from MS), just activated by another means. With some of the software, it does indeed have digital entitlement or a digital licence, according to the MS servers.

It is funny that most of the better known 'work-a-round' programs carry the disclaimer that the software was written for testing only, if you like the product, buy it.........................;)

I endorse that disclaimer, even though licence management (when talking about a number of machines) can be a biatch.

It does have a "digital license" which seems to be what's needed. Just in theory now:

I use this program and generate plenty of MAK and CD Keys. Then I offer cheap Windows 10 pro activation keys for $ 5.

Isn't that what certain companies who offer such "cheap keys" do? 

What's the best program to create a website? Lol....:thumbsup:

On 9/9/2016 at 0:17 PM, manarak said:

Wow, it's already 15 months dealing with W 10 Pro now, but I still remember that W 7 Ultimate was the best and finally enabled users to upgrade to W 10 Pro. 

I upgraded about 20 PC's and notebooks with W 7 Ultimate and all had the Pro version of W 10.  

Please correct me if I'm wrong, or read this: 

why is windows 7 ultimate better than professional?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/why-is-windows-7-ultimate-better-than-professional/56b6e2a5-e434-4752-8473-f24d707f2375?auth=1   

21 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Wow, it's already 15 months dealing with W 10 Pro now, but I still remember that W 7 Ultimate was the best and finally enabled users to upgrade to W 10 Pro. 

I upgraded about 20 PC's and notebooks with W 7 Ultimate and all had the Pro version of W 10.  

Please correct me if I'm wrong, or read this: 

why is windows 7 ultimate better than professional?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/why-is-windows-7-ultimate-better-than-professional/56b6e2a5-e434-4752-8473-f24d707f2375?auth=1   

win 10 doesn't have an ultimate version.

the point here is about upgrading from a legal copy of win 7 to win 10.

it is technically not possible to upgrade a dodgy win 7 enterprise or win 7 ultimate system to win 10 pro using a win 7 pro serial.

so... the illegal win 7 ultimate or enterprise copy has to be first made legal using the win 7 pro serial, but it won't work because windows doesn't downgrade.

the answer is the downgrade utility.

30 minutes ago, manarak said:

win 10 doesn't have an ultimate version.

the point here is about upgrading from a legal copy of win 7 to win 10.

it is technically not possible to upgrade a dodgy win 7 enterprise or win 7 ultimate system to win 10 pro using a win 7 pro serial.

so... the illegal win 7 ultimate or enterprise copy has to be first made legal using the win 7 pro serial, but it won't work because windows doesn't downgrade.

the answer is the downgrade utility.

Where did I mention a W 10 Ultimate version?  The way i could upgrade the school PC's was pretty easy. The PC shops usually switch updates off and it shows activated.

The trick was to switch the updates on, then doing the upgrade from W 7 Ultimate to W 10 pro. 

I've tried another PC at school with W 8.1 a week ago and it still works when you go back in time. 

2 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Where did I mention a W 10 Ultimate version?  The way i could upgrade the school PC's was pretty easy. The PC shops usually switch updates off and it shows activated.

The trick was to switch the updates on, then doing the upgrade from W 7 Ultimate to W 10 pro. 

I've tried another PC at school with W 8.1 a week ago and it still works when you go back in time. 

Just as a matter of interest, how many ligit licences is there at your school and why would they be running ultimate (W7) or even W10 pro for teaching?

Hint, if ever you (your school) get audited, using the excuse of 'the PC shop already installed it' doesn't mean anything. To have been part of upgrading the PC's can put you in a dark corner.

But as long as you trust your work colleges, Thai & Falang not to grass you up when under pressure, you should be OK......................;) Always remember as well, what you post on the internet *never* goes away.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:08 PM, kekalot said:

it's most likely keys that were generated from Microsoft Dreamspark, not exactly rocket science

it changed names recently I guess but you can read about it here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Imagine

I never paid more than 15-20$ for a genuine key

Possible maybe. IMO that's  supposed to be not the main objective here of these programs. Commercial software packages do offer often large discounts or software for free for students and/or schools. Seen from a much more developmental perspective, ROI is believed to be created later in life as soon as the former student becomes an employee somewhere and hopefully wants to continue to use corresponding software packages in which (s)he received training at school.

On 9/10/2016 at 1:07 AM, Xircal said:

You can still get Windows 10 free of charge provided you use the assistive technoligies site: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/01/microsoft-windows-10-upgrade-free-assistive-features

Not necessary. I just installed Win 10 Pro on 4 Surface Pro's yesterday. They still had the original Win8.1 they were shipped with.

Clean install. No product key entered. Immediately after installation, put them online and they were activated.

According to Microsoft's public stance the free upgrade is over. But in reality it isn't.

Sounds strange I know.........

12 hours ago, thedemon said:

Not necessary. I just installed Win 10 Pro on 4 Surface Pro's yesterday. They still had the original Win8.1 they were shipped with.

Clean install. No product key entered. Immediately after installation, put them online and they were activated.

According to Microsoft's public stance the free upgrade is over. But in reality it isn't.

Sounds strange I know.........

It's probably because the Surface is Microsoft hardware: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/surface/2015/07/30/install-windows-10-on-surface-devices-today/

The article you'll notice was written after the free upgrade had already expired.

54 minutes ago, Xircal said:

It's probably because the Surface is Microsoft hardware: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/surface/2015/07/30/install-windows-10-on-surface-devices-today/

The article you'll notice was written after the free upgrade had already expired.

I probably would have made the same assumption but I have installed on 2 Samsung notebooks within the last couple of weeks. Same result though on those I used the genuineticket method for clean install.

Perhaps they too extracted the product key from the UEFI firmware (as I assume the SP's did) but I wasn't expecting that to work so didn't try activation before inserting genuineticket and going online.

I still have a couple of virgin OEM Win 8.1 machines so will try again sometime soon.

1 hour ago, thedemon said:

I probably would have made the same assumption but I have installed on 2 Samsung notebooks within the last couple of weeks. Same result though on those I used the genuineticket method for clean install.

Perhaps they too extracted the product key from the UEFI firmware (as I assume the SP's did) but I wasn't expecting that to work so didn't try activation before inserting genuineticket and going online.

I still have a couple of virgin OEM Win 8.1 machines so will try again sometime soon.

You can extract the product key with this free tool: https://neosmart.net/OemKey/

Maybe your success is due to the disappointment Microsoft has been experiencing concerning their 'free upgrade' not being taken up by as many as they assumed would.

Archived