Immigration Update Chaengwattana

Well this day seems to come once a year where I must extend my retirement visa I expected this day to drag on at immigration for a few reasons. I had to change addresses and also, I renew my visa and transfer the extension to my new passport

Before I was doing it in Chonburi  but moved to Bangkok so I knew I had to change the address. On top of that I had gotten  a new passport and had not changed the extension over  from last year.
So I was expecting to be at immigration for a full day and then some

But low and behold No. It was a breeze In at 10 out by 12 with everything done 100%

Goes to show you that Immigration personal are trying to do their job well

How has your experience been

Edited by realenglish1

Never have a problem other than long wait for extension of stay and then again for multi re-entry. 

For those of us who are or going to be long time residents, they should have a five year extension and re-entry. crazy to go every year. I would gladly pay the same amount per year for the stay, just make every five years.

90 Day Report should be an ATM Transaction with the Bank you have an account with. The bank knows your address and phone number. Hell I have been here 13 years and do not like the annual song and dance, because to me it is stupid and this is 21st Century !!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mansell said:

In my opinion the 90 day should be changed to six months. The whole thing right now is just a time waster for everybody. If you don't show up for the 90 day do they come looking for you?

No....so what is the point?

Yes, agreed, it's a waste if time and your right that they don't. Old looking for you if you don't do it but when you finally go to immigration for something, you will be fined 2,000 baht for each 90 days report you have missed.

9 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Yes, agreed, it's a waste if time and your right that they don't. Old looking for you if you don't do it but when you finally go to immigration for something, you will be fined 2,000 baht for each 90 days report you have missed.

I believe it's even more if police do a spot check, and arrest you, based on not notifying, then it's 4000 baht per offense.

31 minutes ago, Mansell said:

In my opinion the 90 day should be changed to six months. The whole thing right now is just a time waster for everybody. If you don't show up for the 90 day do they come looking for you?

No....so what is the point?

You can do it online (when it happens to work) or by registered mail also - though I agree it is waste of time and just generates unnecessary queues in the office - but I'd not bet on their "not coming looking for you" - we've seen a lot of crackdowns where they haul everyones' ar$e to police station if you don't have full documentation on you in recent history, as well as additional documentation slips from your bank accounts to places where you frequent etc, so a lot of effort is being made to track "alien's" movements in recent years, and harsher punishments for not complying.

Perhaps we should start a partition and sent it to the head honcho, telling him/her that the 90 days is really is a waste of time, behind the rest of the world, not environmentally friendly for the trees being cut down to be used as paper and the omissions from the fuel we use to get there, so an annual renew with the usual fee should replace this draconian rule.

I haven't had a problem with Sakon Nakhon immigration, although the hour drive there and hour drive back can be a bore, but we do it as an outing, have lunch and then come back, day wasted really, I here you can do it on line, but tried that a few times, and there system sucks, so won't be trying that again until they get their shit together, and or post it, haven't tried that yet and am not 100% convinced with their postal service, however others have said it works good.