The wait is finally over - please welcome Thailand's "Smart Police"

rooster59

On 10/09/2016 at 4:09 PM, Steiner said:

Are those poles going to be retractable / folding, spring loaded perhaps?
Are they going to be full size and carried vertically on motorcycles like the conductors for a bumper car?

I'm thinking they have been watching too many marvel movies and gone a bit 'Asgard gate keeper' with this idea.

Expect them to have a glowing Tesseract style light at the tip and be painted gold.

Oh please let this happen...

On a serious note, this is highly relevant policing, the number of times I've come across man eating snakes on the way back from the 7/11!

If I had a baht for every time that's happened...

Maybe the man was hungry.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Tasers are one of those new-fangled fads and are useless when the battery dies but these shepherds's staffs are "old skul". 

No batteries. No having to remember to plug them into the charger each night. 

Just hook an arm or leg and pull.

brings new meaning to the police expression of "collaring" the bad guy--just hook it around the neck!

Tasers are placed in a recharging rack at the end of the day, but hey, do we really want thai cops to  have them, though I could accept it if they took their guns away.

11 hours ago, sgtsabai said:

Reminds me of some of the films I saw as a kid, and even Jack Benny etc. on TV.  "Get the hook, get the hook" and the "performer" was pulled off stage. I periodically send some of my retired police friends back in the states the utube's of Thai's finest at work. OMG, the replies I get...lol.

Share them with us.

Now these smart police can accept cash without having to handle it. They simple collect it on the of the pole with a net, while still driving behind you. No need to stop or leave the car, just wind down the window and put some baht in the basket on the end of the pole.