How much is a 2 to 3 b/r house to rent in Chiang Mai

advancebooking

The wife might have to do a 1 to 2 year course in C.M next year part time. We are thinking of moving there. 

How much on average is a 2 or 3 b/r house to rent in a central location. Are there cheaper options on the outskirts. 

What about condos? What are the average rental prices per month? Do they have furniture included?

We have our own furniture but it might be a hassle to transport it all just for a year or two. 

Finally, what is the rental market like at the moment? Is supply greater than demand or other way around?

thanks 

How long is a piece of string ???

Try........ 

Thailand Real Estate Forum

Real Estate, housing, house and land ownership

Real estate, housing, buying a condominium in Thailand. Ask all your practical and legal questions here.

2 hours ago, malt25 said:

How long is a piece of string ???

Try........ 

Thailand Real Estate Forum

Real Estate, housing, house and land ownership

Real estate, housing, buying a condominium in Thailand. Ask all your practical and legal questions here.

what a daft response. I predicted someone would reply like this. 

Obviously Im looking for an member who currently lives and rents in Chiang Mai at the moment. Not a guy sitting on a bar stool in Pattaya.  Local knowledge is the key for accurate information on this topic. 

thanks

8 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

Obviously Im looking for an member who currently lives and rents in Chiang Mai at the moment. Not a guy sitting on a bar stool in Pattaya.  Local knowledge is the key for accurate information on this topic.

right you are! because somebody who lives and rents in Chiang Mai checks daily what opportunities he has missed and this therefore always well und up-to-date informed :coffee1:

The full range of options exist, condo's or houses, central or out of town, figure 10k a month for a centralish western style condo rising to 50,000 for something very push. Ditto houses, 10k for an OK house not far from the centre up to 100k plus. There's an over supply of both at present so it wont be hard to find. If you must have an average figure, try 20/25kk for a nice two bed two bath western style condo in a mostly farangs/Japanese building,  near the centre.

Perhaps google property rental Chiang Mai for some specifics.

51 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

what a daft response. I predicted someone would reply like this. 

thanks

Daft, don't think so. 

You give No idea of your budget. Are you looking for something smart, modern or not too fancy.

Actually sitting watching the rain fall in Sakon Nakhon. Long, long way from Pattaya. Haven't been to Patts for ages. Not my scene.

I would have thought after 400+ posts you might have some idea of how to search the real estate adverts & forums.

Here's an idea for you. http://property.thaivisa.com/     if it's a bit complicated for you, let me know & I'll give you  word by word instructions how to find the site & how to find what you're looking for.

Cheers......   Mal.  :wai2:

the Chiang Mai metro area has a population over 1 million, you really need to do some research on where you want to live and what sort of facilities you want as houses can range from 5,000 through to hundreds of thousands of baht a month.

One thing though: most places that cater to falangs will come furnished so don't bother bringing your things with you.

7 hours ago, cmtg1 said:

silly question ! How long is a piece of string?

If you cut it in the middle it'll be about double the length of each half.

Anyway we just rented a house downtown (300m from the moat) for 15,000 Baht.   And we found tenants for a more modern 3BR house in a compound out of town for 17,000.  Both mostly unfurnished, but furniture is not terribly expensive. 

Location doesn't always matter too much, especially not when renting.

you can rent 2-3 bedroom home just 2-3km from old city approx 10,000-15,000THB

check Hang Dong road, have 3 department store (Makro, Big C, Tesco Lotus), Mae Hea market, an many local shop

On Koolpunt Ville 6 we rented before 3 bedroom home just 12,000THB. 3 minute on highway to Big C and Makro, 3 minute on village road to market. Good location, im think

Edited by crazyawm

3 hours ago, jobin said:

I rent a 2 bed/2bath clean well constructed house in San Sai, near the 121/118 intersection, for  6K baht per month, unfurnished. Utils total under 1K per month.

so u live in a house with no furniture and spend less than 1,000 baht a month for utilities. Do you bathe or cook. It sounds dreadful. Who cares how well constructed it is if you live like that. It doesn't seem like it even meets minimum sanitation codes (if we had them)

Hey, CMTG, cram you stoopid comments.  You are just arrived off the boat, 45 posts, and don't know shit'e.  I offer zen meditation classes and the place is filled with cushions and yoga mats and so i keep a spartan house.  We have all we need or want.  

Go back to Orlando if that is your standard of 'the good life'.

If you are going to be in Chiang Mai for that long, you may also want to consider living outside of the city.  Places like San Sai, Hong Dong, Doi Saket and a few others have large numbers of westerners living there.  The home rental prices are less expensive than in the City and the people seem a lot more friendly.  Of course you need to think about transportation and it would be a good idea to purchase a used car (they are safer than motorbikes).  Having a car will not only make your trips to and from the City easier but will afford you the opportunity to take weekend trips to nearby places of interest such as hot springs, mountain parks, temples or wats, tribal villages and so on.  

Prices: 

Used cars can be found from 100,000 baht on up.  Really good ones in the 300,000 baht range. 

Rental housing in the outlaying areas can range from 5,000 baht a month on up.  For example, I live in a Doi Saket area moo baan (housing development), a nice furnished 2 or 3 bedroom 2 bath house, with AC, and a western style kitchen rents on average between 6,000 and 10,000 baht a month. 

Edited by BarnicaleBob

12 hours ago, jobin said:

Hey, CMTG, cram you stoopid comments.  You are just arrived off the boat, 45 posts, and don't know shit'e.  I offer zen meditation classes and the place is filled with cushions and yoga mats and so i keep a spartan house.  We have all we need or want.  

Go back to Orlando if that is your standard of 'the good life'.

Is your harsh reply to my innocent observation an example of your zen meditation classes.  Sign me up for name calling (cram my stooped comments-i don't know <deleted>-go back to Orlando)

I rent a 2 bed/2bath clean well constructed house in San Sai, near the 121/118 intersection, for  6K baht per month, unfurnished. Utils total under 1K per month.

I live in the same area but I bought for 1.1m. Tv Internet and power is usually 5000 a month. 3 a/c 2 fridges and 3 TV's

6 hours ago, BarnicaleBob said:

If you are going to be in Chiang Mai for that long, you may also want to consider living outside of the city.  Places like San Sai, Hong Dong, Doi Saket and a few others have large numbers of westerners living there.  The home rental prices are less expensive than in the City and the people seem a lot more friendly.  Of course you need to think about transportation and it would be a good idea to purchase a used car (they are safer than motorbikes).  Having a car will not only make your trips to and from the City easier but will afford you the opportunity to take weekend trips to nearby places of interest such as hot springs, mountain parks, temples or wats, tribal villages and so on.  

Prices: 

Used cars can be found from 100,000 baht on up.  Really good ones in the 300,000 baht range. 

Rental housing in the outlaying areas can range from 5,000 baht a month on up.  For example, I live in a Doi Saket area moo baan (housing development), a nice furnished 2 or 3 bedroom 2 bath house, with AC, and a western style kitchen rents on average between 6,000 and 10,000 baht a month. 

Edited by Bob9
double post