Gps map , app for motobike

ardokano

5 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Google maps has been fine for me, even in the sticks.  Tried Waze, but a lot of info missing but a net app all the same.

But Google's way of not shown specifically for motorcycles. Bangkok can be ignorant motorcycles.

:(

I don't understand when you say "not specific". It is same for both motorcycle and car, the only difference being toll ways etc which bikes cannot use.  You can set Google to avoid these roads.  I have been down fire-trails using google with no issue other than loss of gps when in the sticks.

I know it's not what you are after .. But if you check nightrider.info, he produces a map based around OSM which doesn't route down the expressways and motorway. I don't think it does bridges, underpasses and flyovers but I could be wrong.

If you travel about investing in a garmin loaded with OSM is cool device. It's compiled by the public, so has lots of points of interests that can't be found by Google. I have found trails and campsites in Malaysia alongside guest houses and petrol stations in the middle of nowhere in Laos.

i don't think a phone app can do what you ask.

MotionX accepts a gpx file, a route you create on your computer, but it's not turn-by-turn.

Archived