Two million Muslims take part in Hajj pilgrimage

webfact

Two million Muslims take part in Hajj pilgrimage

606x341_343645.jpg

MECCA: -- Some two million Muslims have converged on Mount Arafat for the second and most important day of the annual Hajj pilgrimage.

Saudi authorities are using drones to keep an eye on the crowds at the holy site after hundreds, if not thousands, were crushed to death last year.

Able-bodied Muslims the world over must make the pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime if it is financially possible.

Many will use the occasion to pray for those in conflict-torn countries, such as Syria, Yemen and Iraq.

“Yes I want to pray for Yemen and the people in Syria and Iraq and all the oppressed Muslim people,” said Mahdi al Ahdal, a Yemeni pilgrim. “May God guide Islam and all Muslims. This (Hajj) is an Islamic ritual and a part of the five pillars of Islam.”

Mount Arafat, or the Mountain of Mercy, near Mecca, is the site where Muslims believe the Prophet Muhammad gave his final sermon to followers.

From there, believers head to the Jamarat area to complete the next stage of the pilgrimage. The Saudi government has spent billions of dollars expanding the site after two stampedes in previous years killed hundreds of people.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-12

Non-Muslims are not allowed anywhere near this or Mecca, all video footage etc has to be made by Muslim cameramen and reporters. We are infidels and therefore not worthy.

We allow them to enter our societies and expect they integrate ?

Edited by NongKhaiKid

3 minutes ago, Naam said:

none. no hajj visa for Iranians this year.

Thanks, Naam, I am assuming that includes Iranians who are Sunni as well?   I did know some Iranian-Kurds who were Sunni, although most were Shiite.

3 hours ago, Scott said:

Thanks, Naam, I am assuming that includes Iranians who are Sunni as well?   I did know some Iranian-Kurds who were Sunni, although most were Shiite.

yes Scott, the refusal pertained to Iranian citizenship. in my view a decision the Saudis will regret. in that context one should also look at the ridiculous tit for that (Saudi Grand Mufti al-Sheikh: "they are not Muslims" and Ayatollah Khamenei "Saudis murdered pilgrims during Hajj").

:bah:

Just now, Scott said:

Again, thanks.   I saw the remark from the Saudi Grand Mufti.   His words are pretty dangerous I would think.  

dangerous and utmost stupid.

interesting development!

For the first time in 35 years Saudi Arabia's top cleric will not give a traditional hajj sermon to pilgrims from around the world, a newspaper reported on Saturday.
Grand Mufti Abdul Aziz Al-Asheikh has annually addressed the faithful from the Namira mosque in Mount Arafat for the peak of hajj, which this year falls on Sunday.
Okaz newspaper, citing anonymous sources, said Al-Asheikh, "will step down from delivering the sermon on the day of Arafat, due to health reasons."

Seems like an obvious solution to the refugee crisis. Buy up a few of Hanjin's boats, pack em full of refugees with the promise of free trip to Hajj!! Give em the paperwork they need to enter the magical kingdom, and deny their return. Let Saudi clean up the mess they made. Its about the only way in hell that those snobs will ever let the Syrians into their precious sandbox.

10 hours ago, RaoulDuke said:

Seems like an obvious solution to the refugee crisis. Buy up a few of Hanjin's boats, pack em full of refugees with the promise of free trip to Hajj!! Give em the paperwork they need to enter the magical kingdom, and deny their return. Let Saudi clean up the mess they made. Its about the only way in hell that those snobs will ever let the Syrians into their precious sandbox.

hats off! a brilliant idea indeed. did you submit your proposal to the United Nations? and please let us know who is issuing the paperwork to enter Saudi Arabia.

10 hours ago, Naam said:

hats off! a brilliant idea indeed. did you submit your proposal to the United Nations? and please let us know who is issuing the paperwork to enter Saudi Arabia.

Plenty of ways to do that. Just give them a passport and void it upon entry. They need to collect their biometric info, anyway.  Or else, stick them in containers marked as Louis Vuitton burkas.  If all else fails, just incapacitate the ships in the harbor. It would still be a safer boat ride than the one that brought them to the EU.

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke said:

Plenty of ways to do that. Just give them a passport and void it upon entry. They need to collect their biometric info, anyway.  Or else, stick them in containers marked as Louis Vuitton burkas.  If all else fails, just incapacitate the ships in the harbor. It would still be a safer boat ride than the one that brought them to the EU.

you Sir... are indeed a genius :coffee1: