15 years after 9/11: the US remembers

webfact

43 minutes ago, sgtsabai said:

A terrible attack that we will never know the whole truth and nothing but the truth about. The bravery shown that day was over the top and no matter how one feels or believes, those people that responded deserve have to have the utmost respect and health care. The Trump isn't one. 

Even though he aided in the aftermath? His city?  :blink:

I was working at the office and read online news about the attack  Then we had to turn on the TV and watched it happening for the next hours. . It was like watching a movie , it took a while before we understood it was real .  

The 9/11 attacks were a horrific attack on the US, but they did not "change America". What changed America was the reaction to the attacks. Rather then a special forces operation against a rural area in a sovereign nation to get the sponsors of the attacks, a full scale regime changing invasion was done, followed 2 years later with another regime changing invasion of a sovereign nation that had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks. All to further the personal agenda of a few political leaders that used them in a cynical way for their own political advancement,  that we are all paying for( on many levels)  today.  

Oh, and by the way, how did we get Osama bin Laden? With a special forces attack in a suburban area of a sovereign nation, 10 years later. 

TH 

Your last paragraph, that sovereign nation is widely suspected of tipping bin laden off when the USA tried to get him in Afghanistan. He was killed in an army town despite that country denying he was in that sovereign nation.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Your last paragraph, that sovereign nation is widely suspected of tipping bin laden off when the USA tried to get him in Afghanistan. He was killed in an army town despite that country denying he was in that sovereign nation.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

I have not seen anything that said the failure to get bin Laden during the Battle of Toro Bora was due to Pakistan warning him. Most sources agree the issue was the failure of the US command to allocate the troops requested to encircle the area due to worries that Pakistan had large army groups guiding the border, which proved to be false.  

To my knowledge this was the only time the US made even a half asked effort to get bin Laden. The CIA office tasked with locating him was shutdown in 2005 and only revived when Obama was elected.

It is certainly true that a large, influential faction in the Pakistani Intelligence and Army have aided bin Laden and Al Queda. Just the fact of his final location shows that.

My point continues to be that the US political leaders of the time were not interested in anything other then pursuing a manufactured "war on terror" and reaping the political benefits they enjoyed from it, including the passing of the so called "Patriot  Act".

If Obama has failed in one area, in my opinion, it is not pursuing congressional hearings like we saw on Benghazi, to get certain people, and we all know who they are, to have to testify under oath about what they did. They deserve to be in jail, not writing books and making a fortune in speaking fees repeating their lies.

TH

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-says-he-helped-a-little-bit-with-ground-zero-clean-up/  Perhaps somebody forgot to read this. What aid, standing around and getting in the way of the people that work? His little hands have never been dirty from work in his life, but oh yea he's dirty.

Bin Laden should have been taken out in those mountains and there has always been something wrong with that opp. I think somebody in DC needed a boogie man.

Sad but I remember it well. Working at the time as a surveyor for a drainage dist (flood control) in SE redneck Texass. The trackhoe operators had radios in their machines and that is where we first got the news. Most work stopped when we realized what was happening. I said to one of the young rednecks that he would soon be at war. His response was not no but hell no. I was amazed, said "well you are such a great hunter, a killer of ducks and baited deer and hogs (couldn't hunt his way out of a wet paper bag), a patriot to the max, a gawd fearing christian why would you not help your country in time of need?" Take into consideration everybody there knew I was an USMC Vietnam Vet. He said, that it wasn't his war and he'd let somebody else die in his place. Hmmm, maybe kin to the Trump?

To make it worse, we have someone here posting pictures of individuals falling after jumping 90 stories to escape the fires in order to further his own political agenda. He should be ashamed of himself. Those people deserve much better then to be used in such blatant demoguary. 

TH 

Just now, thaihome said:

To make it worse, we have someone here posting pictures of individuals falling after jumping 90 stories to escape the fires in order to further his own political agenda. He should be ashamed of himself. Those people deserve much better then to be used in such blatant demoguary. 

TH 

Although some people may find that photograph offensive, it is an iconic photo and has been published many times.  

1 minute ago, sgtsabai said:

And maybe someday those responsible for the war crimes that followed and the destruction of the Constitution will be held responsible. Keep GitMo open for those that really belong there.

Only chance of that happening is if you believe in heaven & hell.

The gang you talk about has too much power to ever answer for their sins here on earth No matter how much they deserve it.

Just now, Scott said:

Although some people may find that photograph offensive, it is an iconic photo and has been published many times.  

Not in any respectable site, except for documentary purposes, and certainly not to push an agenda such as is being done here. I certainty don't consider it "iconic"

Iconic:

very famous or popular,especially being considered to represent particular opinions or a particular time

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/iconic

I consider it horrific. 

TH