Heavy rains expected across many parts of Thailand this week from approaching storm

webfact

Heavy rains expected across many parts of the country this week from approaching storm

53_TMD-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand Meteorological Department today warned of extensive and widespread rainfalls across many parts of the country this week, with extreme heavy rainfall in some certain areas of the North, Northeast, Central and East.

It said the extensive rainfalls are expected from the approaching of a tropical storm in South China Sea of which  its centre now is 670 kilometres  southeast of Danang.

The storm has developed into a depression and is moving northwesterly at 55 kms/hour to the Vietnamese coast.

The depression will affect Thailand from September 12-15, bringing in heavy to extreme heavy rains in some areas of the North, Central, Northeast and East this week.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/heavy-rains-expected-across-many-parts-country-week-approaching-storm/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-12

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

Been raining non stop here in Pattaya

Yesterday was all sunshine,.... but I must have escaped in time, hehe....

Back to topic,... surprised? It's rainy season and we have bloody extreme October ahead of us, too.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

As a nice addition the Thai Met website is down the whole day :w00t:

Or do you get it?

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=61

Not much here in the northeast today (west of Khon Kaen).

Want to drive to immigration tomorrow :bah:

Page is working well. Weather in Sisaket still good, but the forecast doesn't look good. 

Weather for Sisaket.png

2 hours ago, Canuk23 said:

It's been raining here in Nan almost every day for 30 min up to several hours for the past 2 months.

hope it's going to end soon !!!

Nan province. Lots of rain , tops up Sirikit dam. Long may it rain. Its the rainy season BTW.

Funny how nature works things out. Last year the rainy season began in July instead of May and was short with not much rain (in the NE anyway). This year it began on time and in my area it has rained most days. Better still, we've only had one storm which is preceded by winds strong enough to down the trees. Mostly it's just been rain, from light to very heavy, sometimes for hours on end. I feel like I'm back in the UK.

For me, rain rain rain is good as we pump our water from underground. If that ever ran out it would be a disaster.