Thinking hard about moving back to the US

Strange

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Frankly I am shocked that you agreed with this Gecko man's post!  I don't want to re-quote that abusive piece of crap so sorry to just quote what you wrote.  I just re-read all of bwpage3 posts in case I missed something and I didn't.  I find everything he wrote perfectly reasonable and on topic.   If you JAFO have the nice life you describe in the US and Thailand (which I do not doubt) then I can't understand why you would have any insecurity that would cause you to act this way/feel this way  ...I believe only people who have some kind of problems ...personality disorders, whatever,  or can't relate to lifestyles they have never lived, might attack people in the way he was attacked on this this thread.  But maybe there more reasons I can't think of right now?

Anyway, I want to give Gecko -10 Likes and maybe JAFO you would like to re-think your position because you have said many reasonable things ...so I wonder??

I think there are many valid and quite accurate comments in the post.  I doubt I would have been so pointed at bwpage3s personal life but when you Like a post you like it all you don't like parts.  The way the Like tool works  But frankly much of it is spot on.  

As for bwpage3 and why I take exception is his attitude and narrow mindedness, Geckos last paragraph is well said.  Not to long ago he came on this site when he decided to move back and unloaded spewing his same stuff.

I again want to be clear I am not defending Thailand in any way shape or form but what I am saying is that the US has significant issues as does Thailand. I know. I live both.  But my personal situation in Thailand gives me a completely different outlook on it.  But if it was to ever change and I moved back I wouldn't come on here trashing the place because of my decisions screaming how great the US is.  In fact I wouldn't likely post anything on here anymore.  No point.  But that's me.  

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

I am with you and have no objections. I enjoy good reads and I too visit many various sites, mostly car racing and truck off road racing being go offroad with my Thai friends here. Yes I visited this site from time to time for the read while I was in the US as it appears you did(or do). I would never tell anyone not to post, I asked why he did.  My rub with bwpage3 is his utter closed mindedness because he is jaded. He refuses to accept that people do well here and he can't because he didn't. I get it, many expats came here and it didn't work out. Things happen. It could happen in any country. I know lots that emigrated to the US that left in no time as it wasn't what they expected and wanted. We are all individuals and we do what we do for ourselves, not others. Your case in point. I respect and understand your position. You are buying time in hopes an opportunity comes up but you are getting anxious and thinking of options. I couldn't be here (or anywhere for that matter) if I didn't feel like I was contributing in some fashion. Do not get me wrong, I look forward to retirement as I have a ton of things to do and can help with my wife's business but if not I would likely implode as well. I find what happens to some expats is they did not have a plan and they get extremely bored, start to feel trapped and fixate on all the negatives versus taking action to make it better. Its easy to bitch, its harder to make a change( human nature). The ones that finally exit back home then come back and rant and rave about how Thailand is a shithole, its loaded with losers and drunks and again fixate on odd things like you did a bit with the 911 call. I guess that's important to you. I have never used 911 and likely will not. Never was a deal breaker for me anywhere. But I respect its a concern for you. Odd though being you are early 30's. At early 30's I never worried about 911 services. 

Its all good and to your point, I am an expat businessman living here with a US salary. I have bank accts, work permit, Credit cards drawn on Thai banks and can get a loan anytime(I just choose not to). This is why I come on here to offer another point of view so people can see that there is another side of Thailand.  I also stated that I would guess a great number of the Expats doing very well never frequent forums, I have persoanlly never asked when we go out for dinner or meet up at conventions etc.

Its not all gloom and doom here as some go on about. The US has its own set of problems just like Thailand does. 

When you make an idiot comment like you know me, well than that is most idiotic isn't it. You have no idea how well I did or did not do and just making that false claims sheds light on what kind of person you are. If you have to make up stories with no facts, then you are not a person of any moral value or trust.

I did not come over for a job to support me and think about this for a second? I must have been doing quite well to be able to come back to the USA and have a house near the beach, 4 cars and a host of other things you will never have. (By the way the photos have all been posted here before so there is no misunderstanding that this is not indeed factual.)

You being there as an expat on a US salary is not the same as people making it on their own. As expats salaries are the minorities these days.

For me, going back was always about the welfare of my family and in particular our son's education. You probably cannot understand that because you are person that makes up stories and cannot tell the truth.

In a short time our son will be in a US University getting an education that will sustain him and his future family their entire lifetimes. Where would he be if I chose to stay in Thailand and he is the product of a Thai school, international or not? Well I already found that out after shelling out the dosh for years at Prem International and he arrives in the USA a year behind.

Some friends just moved here to Florida from Thailand. She is 38 with a law degree from Thammasart and cannot even pass the US written drivers test. That speaks volumes.

What exactly do you claim to be contributing to Thailand in this statement "I couldn't be here (or anywhere for that matter) if I didn't feel like I was contributing in some fashion." You are not contributing anything if you are on a free ride.

The bottom line is you don't know me, and in light of that, all you are doing is making up stories. Trying sticking to the facts; something we would expect a righteous professional business man to be doing. 

Edited by bwpage3

29 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

When you make an idiot comment like you know me, well than that is most idiotic isn't it. You have no idea how well I did or did not do and just making that false claims sheds light on what kind of person you are. If you have to make up stories with no facts, then you are not a person of any moral value or trust.

I did not come over for a job to support me and think about this for a second? I must have been doing quite well to be able to come back to the USA and have a house near the beach, 4 cars and a host of other things you will never have. (By the way the photos have all been posted here before so there is no misunderstanding that this is not indeed factual.)

You being there as an expat on a US salary is not the same as people making it on their own. As expats salaries are the minorities these days.

For me, going back was always about the welfare of my family and in particular our son's education. You probably cannot understand that because you are person that makes up stories and cannot tell the truth.

In a short time our son will be in a US University getting an education that will sustain him and his future family their entire lifetimes. Where would he be if I chose to stay in Thailand and he is the product of a Thai school, international or not? Well I already found that out after shelling out the dosh for years at Prem International and he arrives in the USA a year behind.

Some friends just moved here to Florida from Thailand. She is 38 with a law degree from Thammasart and cannot even pass the US written drivers test. That speaks volumes.

What exactly do you claim to be contributing to Thailand in this statement "I couldn't be here (or anywhere for that matter) if I didn't feel like I was contributing in some fashion." You are not contributing anything if you are on a free ride.

The bottom line is you don't know me, and in light of that, all you are doing is making up stories. Trying sticking to the facts; something we would expect a righteous professional business man to be doing. 

HAHAHAHA...Carry On 

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

I think there are many valid and quite accurate comments in the post.  I doubt I would have been so pointed at bwpage3s personal life but when you Like a post you like it all you don't like parts.  The way the Like tool works  But frankly much of it is spot on.  

As for bwpage3 and why I take exception is his attitude and narrow mindedness, Geckos last paragraph is well said.  Not to long ago he came on this site when he decided to move back and unloaded spewing his same stuff.

I again want to be clear I am not defending Thailand in any way shape or form but what I am saying is that the US has significant issues as does Thailand. I know. I live both.  But my personal situation in Thailand gives me a completely different outlook on it.  But if it was to ever change and I moved back I wouldn't come on here trashing the place because of my decisions screaming how great the US is.  In fact I wouldn't likely post anything on here anymore.  No point.  But that's me.  

Some of you on this thread seem to think that this is an issue and have decided to impose your own ban ..."there will be no discussion allowed for expats who leave Thailand of these things ....or we will harass and abuse you."  Let me tell you, I live in the same city that bwpage3 used to live in, my daughter goes to a nearby international school, and I am considering moving back to the US next year to a location very near where he lives.  I am very interested in what he has to say. I want to see his photos, see his price list, etc. I will be living much the same way.  And I am a single woman ... and my half Thai daughter I mentioned in this thread, is adopted.   I don't have a Thai husband that I have to consider.  Is that okay with you that I want to hear what he says?  I have always liked to hear these threads about people who return home to any other country. I also enjoyed what the OP Strange had to say. I also think Thailand is BORING as HELL and I agreed with each and every point he made.  I think OP Strange sounded like the most sensible person on here along with bwpage3 .  I hope he gets the hell out Thailand and never comes back.  Look at what a wonderful life he has set up for himself in Florida already, he has a great career ...who the hell would want him to linger/rot out in Issan for the next 50 years, because his wife might miss her food??  Or what is the reason exactly?  There is nothing she can't get in Florida ...Thai food, friends, temple, books, TV, a job, a life, kids, money, an education, etc.  If she decides she would rather waste away in Issan herself and let those opportunities go with everything she has with a man like Strange, than she isn't the right wife for him.  Everyone of you people with a brain and some experience should be encouraging Strange to go back home ...but I can see he doesn't need that ....he already knows!! 

9 hours ago, Strange said:

Last few years Ive been back and forth with the wife Thailand to USA. I might move back and I will for sure keep the place that I'm renting. Its so cheap and the owner is English. 

My main concern moving back is if the wife can handle it. Thai food is easy, the only problem we had was finding thai basil - the krappow one - everything else, down to her favorite brand of fish sauce and oyster sauce was easily obtainable online and almost the same price as thailand. Asian markets everywhere and we don't have import tax so things are not expensive. Thai temples. All there. 

I hope she can handle it. I know its hard to relocate, but i can't stay in thailand. Not all the time. I don't want to think it or set it up for failure, but if it comes to a point of living in Thailand only or divorce, well, I don't like ultimatums. World is too big to sit around eating rice & noodles. 

My wife found a girl at the Thai temple in Tampa that sell Thai Basil. So check that out. Thai and Vietnamese restaurants are so expensive in the USA. My wife will go to a Thai restaurant in the US and for a bowl of soup it $10. If your wife makes some friends she will be ok. When I first brought my wife to the US she was miserable the the second month. First month she was ok everything was new, but then I had to get back to work and she would be home all day. Once she got a job and from that made some friends she was ok. She met some girls at the temple and out shopping one  day. I was amazed how many Thais live in Tampa now. It used to be Filipinos everywhere now it seems to be Thais.  We enjoy going back and forth it allows her to spend time with her family and allows me to spend time with my family. Seems like you made up your mind. Wish you all the best!!

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Surprised about the Thai basil issue. That was never a problem for me I'm Cali. Not surprised about Thais increasing in Tampa though.

The Thai Basil was the only thing we couldn't get easily. ericthai was correct the temple had thais selling the plants but no-one had just fresh basil we could buy. We ended up buying a bunch of plants. Its the one ingredient we couldnt easily get either at the grocery store, asian markets, or online. Maybe its seasonal or something but yeah we just got a bunch of plants & problem solved. 

Talk about a granular issue ... anyway, on the Thai basil in Tampa question, are you saying they don't have Thai basil at the huge M.D. markets in Tampa and Pinellas Park? 

This source has a Thai person saying they have sweet basil. Did he mean a variety of sweet basil that wasn't Thai basil?

http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/markets/fl.html

https://www.yelp.com/biz/md-oriental-market-pinellas-park?start=20

I will add when I lived in the U.S. I often cooked pad krapao. Sometimes with Thai basil and sometimes with mint leaves. It's a different dish of course with mint leaves but it's quite a good variation. I also often used ground turkey ... which sounds strange but gave a flavor between chicken and pork. 

Edited by Jingthing

Thai Basil used in krappow is "Holy Basil" not sweet basil trust me I've spent more time than I care to admit on the subject lol. In fact the basil itself is named "krappow". When you go to the market and get basil you ask for krappow. The sweet basil is horapha. Drove me nuts as this is a big deal apparently. They put it in everything from rice to tom yam to the noodle soups  with the big plate of veggies. This and only this basil provides the authentic taste. 

"Three types of basil are commonly used in Thai cuisine. First, Thai basil, or horapha (Thaiโหระพา), is widely used throughout Southeast Asia and plays a prominent role in Vietnamese cuisine. It is also the cultivar most often used for Asian cooking in Western kitchens. Second, holy basil (O. tenuiflorum), or kaphrao (Thaiกะเพรา), which has a spicy, peppery, clove-like taste, may be the basil Thai people love most.[2]:93[5] Holy basil is also known as Thai holy basil or by its Indian name, tulasi or tulsi; it is widely used in India for culinary, medicinal, and religious purposes. Finally, lemon basil (O. × citriodorum), or maenglak (Thaiแมงลัก), as its name implies, has undertones of lemon in both scent and taste. Lemon basil is the least commonly used type of basil in Thailand.[2]:94 It is also known as Thai lemon basil, in contradistinction to Mrs. Burns lemon basil, another cultivar of basil."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_basil

Yeah, that sounds familiar.

I got most of my stuff at a large Vietnamese market but for some specialized produce went to a small specifically Thai market. Maybe someone needs to open one in Tampa. Where do the restaurants get it or are they cooking without it?

Edited by Jingthing

We went to ALOT of asian markets but never found a specifically "Thai" market other than at the temple. The restaurants we ate at my wife asked them before ordering what kind of basil they used. Was always horahpa and not krappow. I never had krappow before going to thailand and I eat the hell out of it here. Cant fault the wife for being picky cause it just tasted like oyster sauce & pizza basil every time. The thais told her they cook with it at home and just have a couple plants. Grows fine in FL, but I guess there isn't a market for it? Im pretty resourceful and even I had a hard time sourcing it in anything other than plant form. Besides it doesn't keep long off the plant and out here the stuff grows like weeds and its picked and served the same day. 

Might be a market for it though. 

12 hours ago, JAFO said:

Outstanding post Gecko. I have the same sentiment about his posts as well. We had a similar back and forth in another post he had when he left and went on a tyrant rage about it all. He is living in a vacuum it appears and he only sees what he wants to see.

Cheers

Do you know what kind of education my wife has? No

Do you know anything about me or my wife? No

So if you have no facts, all the hating can only be coming from jealousy?

What other reason would you make up stories about people you don't even know if it is not that?

Give one logical reason how you can make up stories about people you have never even met?

I thought all the crystal ball readers in Thailand fell out of favor with the junta?

50 minutes ago, Strange said:

We went to ALOT of asian markets but never found a specifically "Thai" market other than at the temple. The restaurants we ate at my wife asked them before ordering what kind of basil they used. Was always horahpa and not krappow. I never had krappow before going to thailand and I eat the hell out of it here. Cant fault the wife for being picky cause it just tasted like oyster sauce & pizza basil every time. The thais told her they cook with it at home and just have a couple plants. Grows fine in FL, but I guess there isn't a market for it? Im pretty resourceful and even I had a hard time sourcing it in anything other than plant form. Besides it doesn't keep long off the plant and out here the stuff grows like weeds and its picked and served the same day. 

Might be a market for it though. 

Jason's produce in Melbourne Florida has everything Thai you could ever want. Fresh fruits and vegetables as well.

5 hours ago, JAFO said:

Well the reality is that the woman will follow the man anywhere with little regard to the implications. Some how many men think that everybody wants to live in the US and its an opportunity of a lifetime but once they get there the reality settles in. Its just like the men here in Thailand. Look how many posts have the trapped and angry underpinnings hidden in them.

In our 4 years in the US I got to sense when my wife was getting homesick and anxious. I would send her home for a month. I got it.  She missed the smells of home, The food, The weather, Speaking Thai to friends and family.  I know many men that brought women from Vietnam and Laos and the men couldn't understand why it all fell apart. In the end the men couldn't handle it in Vietnam or Laos and said we are moving never considering the exact feelings they felt will be what the gal will likely feel at some point. The difference sadly are many are trapped. They gave up everything to move with the man.

It shouldn't be overlooked but is.  My wife didn't like the US after 4 years and was elated to leave it.  Our house was done and she asked if can we go back now.  I said yep.  I got it.  

And to your other point sadly many of these women get abused. Maybe not physically but mentally. My wife showed me a few Thai forums of women in the US that they would reach out to talk to others about how they are being treated and many were terribly depressed. Some wanted help to leave back to Thailand.  Wanted to sneak out and leave. Many are too afraid to speak out as they either lack good command of the English language or feel like if they get kicked out where will they go.  We used to go to a Wat near Berkeley so my wife could pray for her Mom or honor certain Thai holidays.  Lots of interesting stories my wife heard.

Anyway. It is good this type of discussion is out there.    

What you are describing is a Thai woman from the rural area with no education. If your wife had a law degree, do you think she would be sitting around idle missing her village or doing something useful in the USA?

If your wife had her own new car and could drive herself around anywhere she could go, would she be missing her village?

We have over 25 restaurants in our metro area of less than 80,000 people. No way to miss Thai food.

Also have 2 Buddhist temples in town. No way to miss religion

Have video messaging, can talk to and see family whenever we want. No missing them here.

Missing the Thai weather? Really? The heat, humidity, mosquitoes, air pollution, monsoons, chronic floods, droughts? That is one thing we certainly do not miss one bit.

If you married an educated, smart, modern day Thai woman, she would not have any issues living in the west among educated people. She would have educated friends. Do educated things like go out to lunch, the gym, social outings, etc.

If you married someone that go homesick, well, it is hard to assimilate in any country that you cannot understand the language, culture, have no way to learn or get around etc. They wanted a better live, not a secluded, uneducated life.

What exactly did your wife give up to move to the USA with you? Was she a land baron? Giant house with a pool? Couple of Mercedes? Man you tell so many stories you get mixed up.

Many Thai women will marry anyone they can to escape their own personal poverty. Some of these uneducated women believe all farangs are rich, even if they are told 1000 times otherwise.  When they move to a foreign land and find out the truth of course they would be upset and so would you.

Everything you describe about your own wife is 100% accurate. You do get lonely and homesick if you cannot assimilate in the USA. However, that is not every Thai now is it?

You try to paint the whole world, everything you believe from your own mind short of any facts at all. There are tons of successful Thai's here in my area? How many large restaurants did you say you owned near the beach?

You know only what you know. You do not know a damn thing but people you do not know, yet you act like you know everything. We can say the same thing for you moving back to the USA. You did not provide a life where your wife could assimilate and get along so you had NO choice but go back to Thailand or get divorced.

Four years in the USA and your wife was prepared for anything. You did not sent her to school or do anything else. 

Back to the village you go, except this time we know the real reason why you are in Thailand. 

7 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

What you are describing is a Thai woman from the rural area with no education. If your wife had a law degree, do you think she would be sitting around idle missing her village or doing something useful in the USA?

If your wife had her own new car and could drive herself around anywhere she could go, would she be missing her village?

We have over 25 restaurants in our metro area of less than 80,000 people. No way to miss Thai food.

Have video messaging, can talk to and see family whenever we want. No missing them here.

Missing the Thai weather? Really? The heat, humidity, mosquitoes, air pollution, monsoons, chronic floods, droughts? That is one thing we certainly do not miss one bit.

If you married an educated, smart, modern day Thai woman, she would not have any issues living in the west among educated people. She would have educated friends. Do educated things like go out to lunch, the gym, social outings, etc.

If you married someone that go homesick, well, it is hard to assimilate in any country that you cannot understand the language, culture, have no way to learn or get around etc. They wanted a better live, not a secluded, uneducated life.

What exactly did your wife give up to move to the USA with you? Was she a land baron? Giant house with a pool? Couple of Mercedes? Man you tell so many stories you get mixed up.

Many Thai women will marry anyone they can to escape their own personal poverty. Some of these uneducated women believe all farangs are rich, even if they are told 1000 times otherwise.  When they move to a foreign land and find out the truth of course they would be upset and so would you.

Everything you describe about your own wife is 100% accurate. You do get lonely and homesick if you cannot assimilate in the USA. However, that is not every Thai now is it?

You try to paint the whole world, everything you believe from your own mind short of any facts at all. There are tons of successful Thai's here in my area? How many large restaurants did you say you owned near the beach?

You know only what you know. You do not know a damn thing but people you do not know, yet you act like you know everything. We can say the same thing for you moving back to the USA. You did not provide a life where your wife could assimilate and get along so you had NO choice but go back to Thailand or get divorced.

Four years in the USA and your wife was prepared for anything. You did not sent her to school or do anything else. 

Back to the village you go, except this time we know the real reason why you are in Thailand. 

Just keep on ranting....  my last post in this thread. It was interesting.

Funny though. Kettle calling pot black as they say. You know nothing about my wife and my life.  Most of comments are general but some how you think they are about you.  Odd.  

Let's just leave it at you like the US and I like both places and can enjoy them both for what they are.

Cheers 

Dear bwpage3,

A common tactic of abusive people, is to lash out with their insults and abusive comments putting you in a defensive posture.  When you begin to use reason and logic to argue your position like a well adjusted person tends to do ...they try to derail you with more of the same but will never enter into the logical and reasonable argument you set out.  At best they will keep changing the subject and/or start to ignore what you have said.  As you can see, you have arrived at that point.  The best thing you can do is pretend they don't exist at an earlier point when you come across them.

I hope you realize that other posters here have appreciated you and what you have posted.

At some point a poster's motives for posting do warrant scrutiny.  

Listening to someone gratutiously disparage Thailand and its expatriate community may make for enjoyable reading for those who have already left or are leaning towards leaving, but people who are committed to living here often find such posts to be maliciously dispiriting and condescending (as if we need their help in deciding where to live.) 

If you are going to repeatedly belittle where someone has chosen to live and the expatriate community, you can't cry foul when people begin to perceive you as having an agenda and call you out on it.

Edited by Gecko123

Well Dearest Gecko, in your case, did it occur to you that this may not be the best thread for you to be reading?  

It shouldn't offend you that people have different ideas and opinions.  If someone thinks living in Utah for skiing is the best lifestyle and another thinks New York City is the best place on earth, well neither of those people will be happy in Thailand and are they wrong?  Does everyone who comes to live here have to stay forever or they have betrayed Thailand?  Didn't you leave somewhere to come here?

Some of us have needs that change, or think that Thailand has changed ...how does that affect your commitment to Thailand? 

If I used to golf everyday for 10 years, and now I am sick to death of golf, now I want tennis,  is that really offensive to people who are currently golfing?

15 minutes ago, amykat said:

Well Dearest Gecko, in your case, did it occur to you that this may not be the best thread for you to be reading?  

It shouldn't offend you that people have different ideas and opinions.  If someone thinks living in Utah for skiing is the best lifestyle and another thinks New York City is the best place on earth, well neither of those people will be happy in Thailand and are they wrong?  Does everyone who comes to live here have to stay forever or they have betrayed Thailand?  Didn't you leave somewhere to come here?

Some of us have needs that change, or think that Thailand has changed ...how does that affect your commitment to Thailand? 

If I used to golf everyday for 10 years, and now I am sick to death of golf, now I want tennis,  is that really offensive to people who are currently golfing?

Most people I know in that situation would take up tennis and not give golf a second thought. If someone came on a golf lovers website to tell everyone how much they hated golf and how everyone who plays golf is a loser, yes, most people would find that offensive.

PS. Thank you for referring to me as Dearest Gecko. 

Edited by Gecko123

15 minutes ago, amykat said:

This isn't a golf lovers website ...though ....do you really think this is Thailand lovers.com

As I said before, I don't have a problem with people struggling with the issue of whether to stay or go, but I do have a problem with people perennially bashing Thailand and the people who live here. If you don't/didn't like it here, move on. It's that simple.

If it makes you feel any better, or helps to rehabilitate my image in your eyes, my gut reaction to what little I know about your situation is that a single mother caring for an adopted child would most likely be better off in the US than in Thailand. I say that for the simple reason that the adopted child probably does not have any extended family resources here which takes away a major benefit for raising a child here. I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do.

Edited by Gecko123

8 hours ago, amykat said:

Dear bwpage3,

A common tactic of abusive people, is to lash out with their insults and abusive comments putting you in a defensive posture.  When you begin to use reason and logic to argue your position like a well adjusted person tends to do ...they try to derail you with more of the same but will never enter into the logical and reasonable argument you set out.  At best they will keep changing the subject and/or start to ignore what you have said.  As you can see, you have arrived at that point.  The best thing you can do is pretend they don't exist at an earlier point when you come across them.

I hope you realize that other posters here have appreciated you and what you have posted.

Your logic and wisdom is much appreciated.

19 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Education - having a law degree from a University in Thailand probably wouldn't mean much in the states and struggling to find a decent employment opportunity especially with having English as a second language is understandable. I just looked at the top 200 universities in the world (not one was a Thai uni) 

Restaurants - so there is 25 in the area you speak of, and unless we are talking Michelin star level then knowing western restaurants like I do it's probably quite mediocre to awful.

Missing Thai weather - nice tropical climate. Understandable

Missing family - video messaging is not the same social interaction as being with people (shouldn't need explaining to an adult)

Just a few garbage points you made in your hilariously bloated and terrible post.

1 minute ago, kevozman1 said:

Education - having a law degree from a University in Thailand probably wouldn't mean much in the states and struggling to find a decent employment opportunity especially with having English as a second language is understandable. I just looked at the top 200 universities in the world (not one was a Thai uni) 

Restaurants - so there is 25 in the area you speak of, and unless we are talking Michelin star level then knowing western restaurants like I do it's probably quite mediocre to awful.

Missing Thai weather - nice tropical climate. Understandable

Missing family - video messaging is not the same social interaction as being with people (shouldn't need explaining to an adult)

Just a few garbage points you made in your hilariously bloated and terrible post.

People with an education can always go to school in the US for more education.

There you go commenting on restaurants you have never been to. No facts, no nothing. Are you a world class restaurant critic that can predict the quality of restaurants who have no idea about or have never visited?

Hard to miss people that cannot speak the same language as you. Can you speak Isaan?

Only garbage here is when you post short of any actual facts or first hand knowledge.

It doesn't make you look very smart

3 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

People with an education can always go to school in the US for more education.

There you go commenting on restaurants you have never been to. No facts, no nothing. Are you a world class restaurant critic that can predict the quality of restaurants who have no idea about or have never visited?

Hard to miss people that cannot speak the same language as you. Can you speak Isaan?

Only garbage here is when you post short of any actual facts or first hand knowledge.

It doesn't make you look very smart

I might not be very smart, but I wouldn't say I am a moron neither, but I certainly can spot one fairly fast.

Edited by kevozman1

Just now, kevozman1 said:

I might not be very smart, but I wouldn't say I am a moron either, but I certainly can spot one fairly fast.

Just interested what professional qualification you have to be able to spot a moron fairly fast?

Because if you look in the mirror, I think you missed one